S-ECU Lite gets a smaller brother
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By blancojp (R.I.P.)
  • 3 Post By markandson
  • 1 Post By blancojp (R.I.P.)
  • 2 Post By kwschumm

Thread: S-ECU Lite gets a smaller brother

3000 Post Club blancojp (R.I.P.)'s Avatar
    Real Name
    juan P. Blanco PH.D.
    Downloads
    Uploads

S-ECU Lite gets a smaller brother

Hello All!

Some of you have expressed, that all you want is to be able to add programmable ignition to your engine. The S-ECU Lite offers that and the ability to upgrade to fuel injection at a later date.

But if you only wanted wasted spark ignition, crank triggered like the famous Ford EDIS system, with the ability to program ignition curves and cost effective, the S-ECU MINI is the answer you might be looking for.

This unit has been under test for the past month, it has a 3 bar MAP sensor on board, CTS sensor input, Battery Voltage monitor, two channels of logic level ignition drivers, built in crank and distributor trigger interface and built in USB interface. The S-ECU MINI is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and has the same processor power as all of the S-ECU family.

It will be at the website shortly, target price is under $100.00 including shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    clausholleman likes this.
    www.edcatl.com
    Home of the S-ECU

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    juan P. Blanco PH.D.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello All!
    We are going to be changing the line up since I'm fully retired as of this month. I need to recover and if I don't put everything aside for now, I'm not going to make it.

This is a nice little unit, I'm looking at re-designing it to include the CTS and a built in BIP373 output stage. Price will not change but it will be a different little toy you will for sure want to play with.
    www.edcatl.com
    Home of the S-ECU

Real Name
    juan P. Blanco PH.D.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by andrey2 View Post
    Can you please clarify your relationship with Engine Management System SECU-3 - МПСЗ SECU-3 / Ignition and fuel injection ECU ?

What you claim to be your product surely looks extremely close to "SECU-3T Ignition / EMS unit" - it's the same exact box just with your logo on it. Same goes for the manager software.
    It looks similar but then again, you can put anything inside the same box and call it something else.
    www.edcatl.com
    Home of the S-ECU

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep your fight private, it has nothing to do with us.
    Ooooner, John B and clausholleman like this.
    Jeff

'73 GT,5spd,Recaro,EDIS4 2.2 EFI MegaSqrt, Ali Flywhl w/S10 Clutch, Elec Fan, Roller Rockers, Venolia Pistons, 6 Cyl Intake w/ Custom Injection, 15" Wheels,F&R Sway Bars,2" Exhaust,1" Sport Spring,Koni Reds,Big Brakes,3:90 Gears & Gripper LSD,Rear Disks,Ali Radiator,Hse of Colors - Kandy Pagan Gold.
    123 WHP @ 6800 RPM

www.markandson.net

www.gpny.com

'64 VW Ghia '09 S35 BMW Z4
    '15 BMW M4 '11 BMW 335 '04 Ford F150 SVT Lightning

Real Name
    juan P. Blanco PH.D.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I disagree. There was a lot of interest in purchasing these units here, I think people deserve to know what is a clone and what is the original product. It's not about doing the right thing, it's about knowing what you get.

Just for full disclosure - I have nothing to do with the original product. I am saddened to see the creator of the open-source device considering going closed-source because he is scammed by the likes of our hero.
    I believe there was more of an interest in MS and Tuner Studio from the members of this site, than the actual product no matter what the name was.

I frankly believe what you are doing is a wasted effort, we all know the purpose of the post so if you want to close the source on the project, I'm pretty sure the hand full you sold to the US will not miss you.

But a new system will be coming along soon, works right out the box and no guess work, just plug the pre-made harness and go.

I should know the progress report, it's running at the shop with substantially better tuning prospects!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    clausholleman likes this.
    www.edcatl.com
    Home of the S-ECU

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to be clear, have you just confessed to the copyright infringement? Because "actual product no matter what the name was" sounds like a confession that you have renamed it in violation of the license.

Once again - I am not affiliated with SECU-3 in any way.
    Apparently you are affiliated, at least emotionally. It sounds, however, like you are protesting your lack of affiliation too much. Since you claim no legal standing then maybe you should donate to a legal defense fund instead of acting like a keyboard commando here.
    markandson and John B like this.
    Thurston County, WA, effective motto: "Gophers, Gophers ber Alles"

Senior Member My location tealcarver's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to be clear, have you just confessed to the copyright infringement? Because "actual product no matter what the name was" sounds like a confession that you have renamed it in violation of the license.

Once again - I am not affiliated with SECU-3 in any way.
    Andrey2, first, I don't have a dog in this fight, and I don't plan on changing and using the product offered by Juan. I feel like I must ask: 1. do you own any kind of Opel? 2. It appears that you started posting to this thread and one other thread about Juan's product. You imply that it is a copy and you disassociate your self from the product you say is a copy of someone else's work. Then you write about copyright infringement. What I am saying is you join the forum, then all your posts are directed at Juan's product. Although you say you are not affiliated with SECU-3, your posts say otherwise. If that is not true what purpose are your posts? I have come here for many years to get answers to my Opel questions, and have received a lot of help from many of the members. If you don't own an Opel, and your only posts are on Juan's thread, what is your motive? I guess it boils down to not understanding the real meaning of your posts.

Bob
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

Senior Member My location tealcarver's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Bob!

Opel Calibra was the most beautiful car I've ever owned, I was actually recently wondering if I should import one into the US since these are now 25 years old I've actually driven an Opel GT for about hundred yards, and this May I hope to race an Buick Opel. So some minor Opel involvement

I am one of the guys behind http://www.rusefi.com - that's an open source ECU based on stm32. SECU-T is technically a friendly competitor of ours, but the whole open source ECU community is pretty friendly so it's a "competitor" with quotes. A couple of days ago I've started hearing that SECU-T is seriously considering going closed-source because of how he fills he is being ripped off by Juan Blanco - that would be a loss for the open source ECU community. How do i explain the pain it causes me... It's like learning about someone setting a dozen of Fiat 1/9 on fire i guess? While you guys are not into Fiats you would probably relate?

http://speeduino.com is another player in the same game - again kind of a competitor for me but first thing I did once I've realized that Juan is probably cloning his project now was to email him and let him know what's going on.

I am glad that at least the original 16 page thread is now locked with some mentioning of copyright issues. My emotional crusade here is probably over I in fact should better go help Alexey write the letter to the Canadian VerticalScope Inc. office

As for - well, I believe you guys were fooled by a impostor.
    Andrey2, If your accusations are factual, I can understand your post, however, I think contacting Juan privately would have been a better choice, but that's just me. Opels are the glue that binds this group together. The only thing I want to say is an Opel person would never say "Buick" Opel, that's like a kick in the teeth, so if you are going to drive an Opel in a race, just say Opel, and leave out the Buick.

Bob
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

Downloads
    Uploads

Shallow

The Reputation of this site is not based on one user!! Dont know much about the Corporation that owns the site.

I for one have been helped and amused by the users on the site an recommend it to all.. So to say that I am stealer when you dont even know me or others on the site is simply a BAD Assumption.
    My Collection:
    69 Opel GT (Mystery Car)
    70 Opel Gt (First car)
    72 Opel Gt (Mostly Stock)
    87 Volvo 240 (Daily Driver)
    07 Volvo S60 (Daily Driver soon)
    07 CBR 1000rr (SPEED FIX Machine)
    65 F250 (for parts haulin)
    65 Fastback Stang (Sleeping Till Gt is back on the Road)

87 & 88 Ysr 50 (street legal pocket bikes)

Thread Information