Opel GT Forum banner

Opel GT Owner Database

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  tekenaar 
#1 ·
Performance Package

I own a 1969 GT, Novemeber production and am lucky enough to have all the history of the car as I bought it from the original owner.

Amongst all this paper work is the original 'Certificate of Ownership' which released the car from Opel to the owner and on it is listed the equipment and accessories ordered, this being: US Equipment, Electric Heated Rear Window and Performance Package .

Whilst I know what the US equipment and Rear window dismister are but I have never heard of the Performance Package , can anyone explain what this is?

#2 ·
Mark - Could you send me some info on your 1969 GT? We are compiling a database of GT VIN, production codes, flat or recessed rear panel, etc and other info to try and determine when certain production changes occured. I have been waiting for a program that will intergrate with our member database to be released before making it public.

Info needed:
VIN
Production number (Located on the top of the drivers side radiator support.
paint code
flat or recessed rear panel ('69 only)
pop out or fixed side windows ('70-'71)
other Unique features

Does your GT have the U.S. emissions equipt? (A.I.R.Pump)

You can either post it here or send it by PM.
Thanks,
Gary

#3 ·
Hi Gary,

Pleased to help with the data base. BTW is there any chance the UK Opel GT owners club could get a copy of this. We are often asked by members to date their cars and although we have a database, it's going to be considerable smaller than yours.

Anyway here's the information requested:
VIN: 94 178049
Engine No: 19s-0386646
Prodcuction No: U71 64 PP (this could possible be BP as its poorly stamped)
Paint Code: 404 (gold)
Interior: 721 (buckskin)
Rear panel: Recessed
Rear 1/4 windows: Closed

US emissions equipment never fitted.

Underneath the rear bench the body has hand written on it D-94-US.

The car also came with the Owners Manual indicating that it was an early 1970 production GT as it has an additional sheet explaining the mechanism of the foot operated windscreen wipers.

Other features: Original Radio, Passenger Wing Mirror and Intermitant wash-wipe. I believe these were all purchased by the original owner shortly after purchase.

The 'Certificate of Ownership' states that the car was released to the owner on the 12th November 1969. Delivery was made on the 9th December.

The original owner was Majorie, D. Wilson, Belgrade, Montana. I believe in all it's time the GT never made it to the US as the owner was from the USAF and was mainly stationed in Germany and the UK.

I hope this helps with everything and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

#4 ·
flat or recessed rear panel ('69 only)
Am I reading this correctly? Only the 69 GT's may have had a recessed rear panel. The reason I ask; I have a 73 with the later style split tail lights, and a recessed panel in back. This car was bought in Long Island from a guy who probably wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit him on the rear.

#7 ·
Gary, I went and looked at a '69 GT here in TX that a guy is trying to sell. The car has been off the road since '75. He put a rotary engine in it in '74 and a Datsun rear end in '75, never saw the road after that.
It has flat panel and dimmer on the end of the turn signal. But, it has rear pop out windows that look completely stock. Maybe he modified it, I don't know.
Both window cranks are low on the doors. The seat belts mount under the window behind the seats.
Here is the info

VIN: 94 1799236
Engine No: has been removed and replaced with a rotary
Prodcuction No: Radiator and mount removed
Paint Code: pretty sure it was originally silver
Interior: Red
Rear panel: flat
Rear 1/4 windows: Here is the interesting part, it has pop out's that look stock.

#8 ·
Gary:
are you only taking info for the 69 GTs? if not i'll add vin info for what is believed to be a very early 70 GT, produced in the second month of 1970 if we're right, still have the origional motor and tranny but not bellhousing, even supposedly has origional solex which i HATE. if you could use the vin i'll get it all tomarrow morning.

#9 ·
Wow this is an old thread lol. Is there any way to find out what options your GT came with?

#10 ·
GT options . . . radio, A/C, luggage rack, trailer hitch, etc.

IMS, all available GT options were for the most part "dealer installed", so there would be no identifier as to which ones were "ordered" by the original owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.