Opel GT Forum banner

The European Opel GT Meeting 2017 in the Netherlands/Sevenum

7K views 65 replies 9 participants last post by  norbertone.gt371 (R.I.P.) 
#1 ·
There's also another event coming up that might appeal to some Opelers and that I'm geographically fortunate enough to consider: The 2017 Euro gathering in the Netherlands for Opels. I don't know what it's called exactly(Opel Eurotreffen????), but Gil says I could ship my car over there from New York for about $800. Because I'm a dang foreigner and my car is registered in USA, all my mods and stuff are legal to drive over there.

:veryhappy
I be sure you will be wellcome:yup:
Same location as 2012! "The European Opel GT Meeting 2017 in the Netherlands/Sevenum".
Booked my room today:haha:

Here is a old video! Catch me if you found me:lmao:

#37 ·
Almost time

17 Days, 18 Hours, 19 Minutes, 59 Seconds

Time to get packin I suppose. hope those airline Guys let my camera batteries an I devices on the plane.

HomeLand security is getting pretty crazy with restrictions on electronics these days :no:

Reactions: Gary
#42 ·

17 Days, 18 Hours, 19 Minutes, 59 Seconds

Time to get packin I suppose. hope those airline Guys let my camera batteries an I devices on the plane.

HomeLand security is getting pretty crazy with restrictions on electronics these days :no:
My wife and I flew to Hawai'i recently and my wife requires an O2 concentrator (battery powered). The airline requires batteries for 2X the duration of the flight. Homeland allows a maximum number of watts (not watt hours, watts). It worked out OK but we almost had to leave 1 of the 4 batteries home because we were "Oh too close" to the security limit! We used the time between flights to recharge so I was carrying a charger in addition to the concentrator (which charges the installed battery when operating on 110V).

The bottom line to all of this however is that Homeland Security is doing what they can to try to make it safer for all of US! It seems stupid some times but remember the old saying: "It is impossible to make something fool proof because those fools are so damned ingenious!"

Have a great trip! -- Doug

#38 ·
woo hoo

Final count down begins Tomorrow

Yippe!!!!!!

11 Days, 15 Hours, 33 Minutes

:cool:

#39 ·
Haha i hope so. But you're travelling outside the states so i guess it should be fine?

I flew to Lapland earlier this year with 2 Canon batteries, 24 AA, 16 AAA and 6 GoPro batteries. I had a thorough check but they did let me get on the plane haha.

Hope to welcome you all on 3&4 of June! :) Can't wait!!!

#41 ·
2012 was a good one 2017 should be good as well

Sorry you wont be there again... we will have to meet again on this side of the pond some time...

oh an yes the Euro groups make Great Treffens!!!

#43 · (Edited)
Leaving tomorrow via Amsterdam.
After Europa Treffen driving to Russelsheim with Gil.
Wish my GT was with me but still looking forward to the whole exciting trip.
I am all packed and ready to hit the road.

Attachments

#44 ·
Flight leaves in 10 hrs

Woo hoo Its almost time ... hanging with Gil is a good time especially in Germany/ Holland. Enjoy PJ I was not able to arrange that this time,
See you there. :D

#46 ·
Arrived schiphol

Here we are at the shereton for the night at the airport then to the meet tomorrow

See ya there

#49 ·
3 hr till train from airport

Then then about 2 hr train ride woo hoo

#50 ·
Let the fun begin!!

It's begun. About 25 or so cars.....

:D

#51 ·
Great time but now

It's over an people ar going home:ugh:

#52 ·
It's over an people ar going home:ugh:
Arrived home save,without to much trafic,1 hour ago.
Must clean up the GT for the next meeting in Weeze :drive:

Rick,the meetings are to short in general and over to fast :crying:

Hope we see us again soon:yup:

And show up the 1K pictures:lmao:

Norbert:veryhappy

#53 ·
So I will share pictures,all made by Reiner!
Follow the Link and click on Buttons: "Bilder"- "2017"- and then on the picture with the GT- Sevenum signet!

818 pictures will take a little time,enjoy:cool:

Ha ha
Reiner take a lot of pictures from me in my GT and my GT itself:lmao:

Opel Club Schwarzwald Baar

#55 ·
Holy Cow Those are some awesome pictures.. GT after GT each one flawless predestine perfect shape
GT's Everywhere You guys really have a passion for these little Gems... hundreds of GT's show up for a meeting and party over the pond from all over Europe
and We are Lucky to get 40 GT's to come to Carlisle.... ... :ugh:

Nice photo gallery slide show Norbert am already on my 3rd round ...cool stuff :veryhappy

#59 ·
I took just a few pictures in Sevenum as I knew the organizers will post a lot of them. Here are few that attracted my attention. Note original Irmscher flares with the lip arond the edge. Also, front suspension supporting arms.

Attachments

#61 ·
Wowie! That red Targa is awesome!

Ooooo! Chromy freeze plugs! I gotta have that!

Ooooo! Chromed top tank on the radiator! I gotta have that!

Ooooo! Irmscher offset thermostat! I gotta have that! (Needs chrome)

Ooooo! Fender flares with lips! I wish I had that! Nope, I ain't takin' mine off to put those on.

Those chromy headlight covers are hypnotizing me!

#63 ·
Wowie! That red Targa is awesome!

Ooooo! Chromy freeze plugs! I gotta have that!

Ooooo! Chromed top tank on the radiator! I gotta have that!

Ooooo! Irmscher offset thermostat! I gotta have that! (Needs chrome)

Ooooo! Fender flares with lips! I wish I had that! Nope, I ain't takin' mine off to put those on like these:

Those chromy headlight covers are hypnotizing me!

Difficult to notice on the picture but the rocker panels are chromed as well or covered with chromed add-ons.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.