Opel GT Forum banner

Rich mans' go-cart

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RallyBob 
#1 ·
Got an opportunity to drive a unique car today, drove like a large go-cart and was tough for me to even fit into. Is a brand new Lotus Elise worth a flip?:veryhappy. Pretty sweet ride. Thinking about starting a tv show, "10 cars you must drive".
Keith

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
leased one from hertz in south Padre ils last year and had a blast. Wish i could find a way to drop this running gear into a manta or gt with the brakes to match. Kept over revving the engine till the fuel shutoff would kick in. Car was amazingly fast for a 4 cylinder turbo. Put a big grin on my face as my wife kept yelling to slow down. ron

#4 ·
I'm not for sure on comparison, but would almost have to say the Solstice is longer. Definitly bigger, as I've drove Matt Newman's before. This isn't a jump in and go car for sure, it is tough climbing down in the thing. The interior is bare bones, seats are racey but simple. It like sitting between the frame rails. The gas pedal is very small, and even a smaller size shoe hits the gas and brake at the same time. It definitly made my day, and talk about getting noticed. Even people across the street were coming out to take pictures of it with the phones
Keith

#5 ·
Awesome ride Keith - even looks good in that color! I've always liked cars with side "scoops" like that. What's the story on the car behind you in the second picture?

Matt

#6 ·
Covered over

We suddenly have been slammed with high line cars for restoration at Mid-Southern
The car in back is a 54 Chevy Bel Air-owner picked up the 54 Packard Carribean and dropped that one off
Also in the shop
1970 Torino Cobra 429CJ car
1956 Chevy Bel Air Convertible
1954 Buick Skylark
1961 Jaguar XK150-The last Hardtop XK built by serial number
1966 Mustang Conv
1967 Austin Healey-owner has a new Miata that is a fun ride as well-car of the year
1932 Buick Series 80 Sedan

Basically enough to keep us busy for now. The first of the year was very slim, just getting by...and then suddenly-bam!!!!

#7 ·
1932 Buick Series 80 Sedan
If you end up needing parts for this car, I know a guy who specializes in pre-war Buicks who could probably help.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.