need help.. 1969 opel kadett rallye for sale
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Manta Ascona Kadett Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need help.. 1969 opel kadett rallye for sale

Opeler caddycoupe83 is on a distinguished road
    Downloads
    Uploads

need help.. 1969 opel kadett rallye for sale

hey whats up everyone im new here to this forum. someone that i know inhereted a 69 opel kadett rallye with only 1500 miles on it. i dont know much about these cars all my searching on the internet has brought me to this site.. anyone have any idea how much it is worth or know anyone that would be interested? the car is located in toms river,nj. i believe the car is gray with either black or gray interior. thanks, Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

1000 Post Club My location jlthunder is on a distinguished road jlthunder's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you or someone could post some pictures, that would be great. We have a few NJ members who might be able to see the car.

Toms River is in southern NJ for anyone who needs to know where in NJ it is located. If I had time, I'd head over there for a looksee.
    1972 Opel GT, Owner since 1983
    2001 Saab 9-5 SE 3.0 Turbo V6 Weeeeeeeeeee!!!
    1973 GT, Parted out, R.I.P.
    1968 Kadett, Owner since 2006, Sold, 28 June 2008

Downloads
    Uploads
    correction its a 1968 kadett rallye GT.. 1567 miles and yes its silver w/black interior. ill have some pics up later tonight. it looks to be in really good condition. won alot of trophies

Opeler Anonymous D is on a distinguished road
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the car is in original, almost like-new condition, it's worth at least $10,000.

Whether you can find someone to pay you that, may be another issue.
    It may be of most interest to a private investor or a private auto museum.

One bit of advice: Beware of would-be middlemen "hustlers".
    In the auto resale world, these are smooth-talkers who tell you they have a buyer
    (and then try to talk you down on your price, to maximize their personal profit).

http://www.opelclub.com/OpelHumorOpelBuyerWarning.pdf

"Friend with Benefits" My location heimue is on a distinguished road heimue's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No such thing as a "Kadett Rallye GT". If the car looks like the three cars in the header of this site (the ones in blue, red and orange), then it would be an "Opel GT" (but probably not a 1968). If it looks like the car in this post, then it is a Kadett.

This thread just needs pics... ;-)

Dieter

Downloads
    Uploads
    heimue i sent the pics to your email. they arent the greatest pics ill try to get better ones soon. did all rallyes have the stripe package?

Opel Key Master My location opelspyder is on a distinguished road opelspyder's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am interested if you would send pics to me as well keithlundholm@yahoo.com

Seems like I heard about this one not too long ago on here, but the pics never were posted in the ad section. Anyways, send some pics
    Keith

Downloads
    Uploads
    pics sent.. and oops i didnt know there was an ads section on here or else i would have posted there.

Real Name
    Karl Senula
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Send me some pics also. opelgtboy@comcast.net

karl

Opel Key Master My location opelspyder is on a distinguished road opelspyder's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got the pics, has all the Rallye stuff, but no stripe down the side. Looks to be a 68, but no badge on the deck lid indicating Rallye. Has gauge pack, wood wheel, and tach. Interior is pretty dirty, but is black. I just wonder if it was repainted, speaker box on the rear and under dash radio added-but car was original radio delete car. I like it, just wonder if it was a clone Rallye car. The side stripes should go all the way around the car, even on the rear panel. Also does it have the foglights in front. Engine pics would be good, could not see designation for engine size, but shifter indicates it would be a 1.9-or 1.5 if it is a 68. Looks like it would clean up, but with 1500 miles, I would expect the interior to be in better shape, so I question it a little
    Keith

Opeler My location RedDon is on a distinguished road RedDon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Don Jenkins
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right Side 6-16-2010 10-22-37 PM 1280x960.jpgRight Side 6-16-2010 10-22-37 PM 1280x960.jpg Sorry as it was my first upload and this is a 67>5 Rallye
    DJ

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking project there Don, I like the 67-1/2, tough year to get at times. Sell it to me, if you lose interest.
    Keith

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    supposedly its been sitting in the garage for over 20 years. i actually havent seen the car in person yet but when i do ill find out what engine size and if its got the foglights in the front. could you tell if its a real rallye by the vin number?

UFO pel investigator Site Supporter My location Aardvaark is on a distinguished road Aardvaark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mark
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by caddycoupe83 View Post
    correction its a 1968 kadett rallye GT.. 1567 miles and yes its silver w/black interior. ill have some pics up later tonight. it looks to be in really good condition. won alot of trophies
    Drop the GT off the end and you have it.
    -Mark
    '75 Manta

Direct link to my album of Opel related parts catalogs
    and magazine articles for reference:
    http://www.opelgt.com/photopost/show...ser/23031/sl/a

UFO pel investigator Site Supporter My location Aardvaark is on a distinguished road Aardvaark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mark
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by caddycoupe83 View Post
    And there appears to be way too much pedal wear for only 1567 miles.
    Blowing up your pictures, they look like pedals with wear I'd expect to see on a care with closer to 101,567 miles. Jmo.

Still. It looks pretty good under the dust though.
    Last edited by Aardvaark; 07-15-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    -Mark
    '75 Manta

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you cannot tell if it is a rallye by the VIN number. But if certain things are not there, it could lead to the answer. I didn't see any exterior Rallye badging, nor the stripes. The interior stuff is easy to install. Also more clear pics will show that the mileage may be correct or not. I'm not convienced it is a low mile car, not with rust chips around the coulmn and e-brake handle, these things would be mint, especially being garaged. Lots of dirt around the dash and vents and such. The engine bay would possibly show as well.
    Keith

If the body is in good shape, it still is a desireable car, wouldn't take much to put stripes on it. Is the hood painted black????

Downloads
    Uploads
    not sure about the hood.. havent seen the car in person yet. what things should i check for to make sure its a rallye? anyone have an idea what the car could be worth? im pretty familiar with cars but Opels are new to me lol iv been looking everywhere for a comparable kadett for sale but cant find any

Real Name
    Mark
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And miles really don't matter on a car that age. It's all about condition, condition, condition.
    I've seen way to many low mile barn finds that had deteriorated into rusty crap just sitting on dirt. Too many cars just got parked and forgotten to be allowed to self destruct.
    While others got some occasional use after a life of relatively constant but careful use and parked in dry storage between outings. Guess which one most people would rather have? This Kadett looks like it falls inbetween.
    -Mark
    '75 Manta

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's it worth-that is always a question on here. The only problem is I have not found anyone on this site, nor any other site that can answer that question. It doesn't run currently, may or may not be low miles, and may or may not be a Rallye due to a possible repaint. Also don't let the Rallye part get you, it doesn't take much to make one a true Rallye, it was only an appearance package, but did have a few differences in steering and such. It doesn't change much on value. You do not have a holy grail here by any means. The key is to figure out the guy who wants a 68-9 Kadett and he will tell you what the value is by paying you what he is willing to pay. I've seen $1000 cars sell for $6,000. Doesn't mean it was worth $6K, just one guy had to have it.
    Again, the car has an unsure past, I am going to guess it is a nice Kadett Rallye that had a repaint years ago. I am also going to assume that it does have the miles on it of possibly 100k, or the speedo cable is broke/disconnected. I currently have a 4 thousand mile Manta in the shop, the interior is in great shape, and it runs and drives like new, but needs a paint job. Even thought the exterior is a bit rough, you can easily tell from the interior, it is a low mile car.
    Keith

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information