1974 Opel Manta for sale in Wisconsin
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Manta Ascona Kadett Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1974 Opel Manta for sale in Wisconsin

Opeler My location Bill Hoffmann Bill Hoffmann's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

1974 Opel Manta for sale in Wisconsin

This ad was posted to the Classic Opels list:

My husband and I recently purchased a property and the contents of the land in rural Wisconsin.

There is a 1974 Opel Manta on the property. A neighboring mechanic stated that he had done the upkeep on the car for the owner and it had been running at the time the owner passed away. The history is that a gentleman was actively driving the car when he passed away two years ago. The car has sat since. The key was apparently among his personal effects, though we are still searching for it.

We have no time for a new project and would like to sell the car to someone who will restore it.

Please reply via email if you are interested: kenneth.clipner@gmail.com

Michelle in WI

Manta 2.jpgManta 1.jpgManta 5.jpgManta 4.jpgManta 3.jpg

I went to see the car when I was in the area two weeks ago. The owner just sent the photos and asked me to post the information.

It appears to be a Rallye, as it has the paint scheme and instruments. It is a 4-speed. There are some modifications. On the exterior it has a chin spoiler and rear deck lid spoiler, aftermarket wheels (tires are off the rims), Cibie lights (at least one cracked), blacked out window trim, sunroof that is missing the glass (a rubber mat is covering the hole), different mirrors. There is a large dent in the rear quarter that can be seen in the photos, and the rear bumper is falling off. The windshield has wiper scratches. There is typical rust on the upper fender corner, door bottoms, rockers, etc. I couldn't see the underside well, but there is definitely frame rust by the front jacking pad at least. Under the hood, the battery tray has had repair work done, there is a Weber 32/36, Allison (Crane) ignition, GT valve cover, aftermarket horn. Inside, there is an aftermarket steering wheel and shift knob, the driver's seat bottom is recovered in fabric, the passenger seat bottom is cracking. The rear seat back is in surprisingly good shape. One rear side glass gasket is hanging. A single hoop roll bar is bolted in and doesn't appear to interfere with the seats.

The key has not been found to my knowledge, and there is no title, although the owner asserts that they can provide documentation to prove they purchased the land with all assets on it, so titling should not be a problem if one desired.

The car is located outside of Tomah, WI. That's about all I know. Please contact the seller at the above email address if interested.

-Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Manta Owner My location deanh74_2 is on a distinguished road deanh74_2's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dean Hartje
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wisconsin Manta

I have also e-mailed the owners of this car. I have not seen it in person. I asked what they are looking for the car, per e-mail they stated it is a parts car (after they talked to Bill, I assume) and would like to get $750 for it.

I think this is a BIT steep. I got two others, one for $100 and $400 for the other. I have not e-mailed them back yet.

Dean
    "Taste Death, Live Life" - "HotDog" - The Movie

Project 1450 supporter... Site Supporter My location RallyBob has a spectacular aura about RallyBob has a spectacular aura about RallyBob has a spectacular aura about RallyBob's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wheels are BWA Sportstars. Arguably worth $400 on their own....
    My Flickr photos.
    C.R.L. 9/22/69 - 12/8/99, J.M.L. 3/3/43 - 6/15/04, D.M.L. 9/19/50 - 6/23/10
    E.G. Sauer 2/26/66 - 2/18/10. Rest in peace big guy...

'70 GT 'Bonnie', '71 Ascona 4-dr turbo - winter beater, '71 Ascona 4-dr 'Turd' - rallycar, '72 Manta Rallye - hillclimb car, '72 Ascona wagon - 'Red', '72 Manta - caged street car, '73 Manta Luxus, '73 Ascona 2-dr, '74 Ascona 2-dr - Project X, '74 Manta Luxus - factory sunroof, '74 Manta ITB racecar, '75 Manta, '75 Sportwagon, '75 Manta - racecar

Opeler jpdavis is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Jim Davis
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyBob View Post
    Wheels are BWA Sportstars. Arguably worth $400 on their own....
    I was thinking the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information