audi engine??what do you guys think?
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: audi engine??what do you guys think?

Downloads
    Uploads

audi engine??what do you guys think?

Hey guys, I'm very sorry to hear about John Seaman, I now wonder who will take his position. But, I'm posting-up on the boards to maybe start a new opel mod. I found in my local yard, a complete and running audi with the 4.2 v-8, which is very small. my thought put simply is, strip it down to bare essentials, get rid of the f.i., construct a manifold out of aluminum to accept a 4-barrel holley or one of their "throttle body f.i. kits, headers aren't hard to do, and engine mounts aren't hard either. the concept in general implies these things.- v-8 engine, but still very small and well balanced (no need for support frame?), the engine is easy to come-by, easy to strip-down and build up like a "classic engine" I.e. the gm 350's etc., and did I mention it small, little, tiny, and would fit PERFECT? I can have the engine with 47k miles on it for........$200!!!!! Let me know what you guys think, I have the engine on "hold" now. thank you very much, if you guys can think of any other "technical problems" with this, let me know. -Colt

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've also wondered about this engine. $200!!! That's incredible!
    I'm very interested in how things work out.

Good luck

OPEL-LESS!!! My location greensmurf20's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jared
    Downloads
    Uploads
    how would you proceed about bolting up a FR configuration trans to that motor?
    previousely owned 8 GTs and 1 manta.

currently own

92 25th anniversary Z28. Ttop, leather, 370CI LSx T56 swap
    407 RWHP, 391 RWTQ, 11.74 @ 121

67 chevy sportvan deluxe....next in line.

73 chevy K-10- plow truck

71 GT, 1.9 4speed

2007 chevy silverado 1500, crewcab, loaded, Canadian limited edition GFX package Daily driver

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Solo II is fun in a GT! My location okieopel's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those Audi motors are more complex than you might think. One of the best parts is the fuel injection, I would not take the motor with out it. Opelers pay big money for an working and some times no-working FI system to fit their cars.

I would pass if I could not get the complete FI and brain box with the running motor.
    Dan
    'okieopel'
    Oklahoma Opel Preservation Society
    O.O.P.S.

5,000 Post Club My location namba209 (R.I.P.)'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Colt, I echo what was said about the FI and total computer and wiring, plus a real comprehensive schematic of the computer. I had a real problem with the V-6/T-5 mod on my GT trying to get the engine to run on the test stand after I got it. The cure was a GM component for almost $300, that I bypassed only after a lot of research on the web for $25. I would double check the total width of the engine including exhaust, against the fender wells and front to rear dimensions to include the radiator. And is it a Rear Wheel Drive setup? It sounds really good and if it will really fit, more power to you. Just do some more research to see if there are aftermarket components for that specific engine, adapting can be a royal PIA

Ron

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like I said, the engine in running, as it was started right in front of me. Why's the car in the yard??? the ass end is smashed to the rear window!! now, my #1 consern is this... complexity of electrical components and computerized f.i. in short, I HATE dealing with electronic f.i. thus, the reason for running it as a carbed engine. simplicity of design, less problems to occour, and the GOAL at hand. not producing big horses right away or retaining horsepower as a stock engine, but the fact of the SWAP itself being successful. as far as tranny's go, awd tranny isn't gonna work, so, I'm consulting a drag-racing buddy of mine (pro-stock dragger) on "adapting" another tranny to the engine. and yes, I have access to even cnc machines, and know of the complexity of the engines internals (I have worked on them before) although, think of this, a 258 c.i. v-8 with a comp. ratio of 11:1, dual cams, 5 valves per cylinder and well balanced. imagine the power output. I see the f.i. and a burden, and a LIMITATION of this engine's potential. I don't see pro-drag racers, nascar, or 90% of any other types of racing and their cars using f.I. new school materials, old school power and old school reliability. and one other question, what is the final drive ratio of the 1.9L opel's axle, and is it a posi setup? -Colt

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, by the way, yes, the photo as my avatar is me, and if you were wondering, yes, those are fangs, are they real??? Can you see them??lol here's another pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    cut and paste, to build a rod;
    and whilst you drive it, pray to god!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    lmao, one more, a very "uncomfortable" but good close-up.hehe and as you can see the gum-line above the canine itself raises up showing how fat canine itself really is. I tend to "scare" people when they ask the idiotic Q "Are those real?" and when I let them feel them, and try to "remove" one, I always have to laugh when they take a step or two back and go "holy s**t dude" The very good reason for my given racing name at the raceway here, "NitroVamp" lol -Colt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by opelgtnitro; 03-28-2004 at 02:25 AM.

former opel racer My location jeff denton's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jeff "Oh-Oh" Denton
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, you race, huh? At the Spokane track, which I had heard will not be up this year?
    Or at the State line track, which we hear has a new rubberized surface?
    We race at Montana Raceway Park, Kalispell.
    Come on over, we will be running an Opel GT in the compact class this year...

Pathologic Opeler My location opeldean's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

canines?

Are you able to "bite down"? Can you eat ok? or do the canines prop your back teeth apart?

just curious

Thank you:members of opelgt.com for helping me on a 12year reconstruction of the most beautiful car in the world:

Celeste: 1917cc ,Getrag ,Big valves,ported,ISKY cam on solids,Opel forged rods,9.52 compression,total seal gapless,oil dam,RB gasket mod., DCOE side drafts,sprint,pertronix,SACHS clutch,OGTS & Kadette sway bars,Manta finned pan,no oil leaks. Big brakes. Avatars Photos Carlisle 2010 by Jennie V.

Driven twice to Carlisle 2,351 miles RT successfully, broke down on first trip

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol, first off, I had no-clue that the spokane raceway park is supposed to be closed, being that their website was just updated with the racing schedule for 2004. Also, I'm glad to hear that there are other opeler's in the area. Thats awsome. And as far as state line goes, I have no-clue as to them "rubberizing" the track, although, it would be nice. The fangs? I eat, drink, sleep and do everything anyone else does, except the fact that I can drink a "canned beverage" from 2 nice big holes in the side of it. hehe. my bite and alignment of my jaws is just the same as anyone elses. I'm still in contact with Spalding automotive wreckers, and am still holding the engine at $200 ONLY because my girlfreinds father runs the crusher there. Another good thing about this is that when he has cars waiting to be crushed, he lets me "scavenge" them for spare parts like coils, dist. caps, hoses, lights etc. which I then just box-up for later use. anyways, if you guys up in kalispell wanna talk, send me an email at pimp_ace2@yahoo.com and we'll chat. I'd love to see pictures of your opel being that I have seen one opel here and it flew-by sounding like a riced-out honda with that exhaust note. (sorry if that was you, but I'm not fond of the fart-can mufflers ) let me know whats goin on. -Colt

Thread Information