Join the feast come eat a GT
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Join the feast come eat a GT

Senior Contributor My location calvin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Join the feast come eat a GT

Face it we are cannibals we eat our Opel's. So come join the feast.

Opel bits and I purchased a GT yesterday that is beyond saving. It is at Opeldome right now about to go under the saws all. The drive train suspension and axles are spoken for however all the bits and pieces of a GT are there.

The interior is good there are no rockers they are rusted away...just holes however there are pieces of the car that are good that we are going to sell for basically a bit more than shipping so if you need something say that odd little bit that you didn't want to order cause you thought you would find it in a junkyard someday here is your chance cause it will cost less than junkyard basically the cost of time for me to get it off and pack it. So if you want say the back of the car or that odd front corner or the radiator or radiator support brackets the doors whatever let me or Tony opelbits@yahoo.com know what you want.. Just do it quick cause I have to have the car stripped and chopped up and moved quick before the our old lady's look in the garage and finds out we bought another %$^^*#@ Opel.

Free Midwest delivery is available to the shows or will ship. Basically you have to beat the scrap metal price…a quick note this is a one time deal just for GT parts. We are not in the parts biz nor plan to be but I don't want to send it to the scrapper for spot if it is something someone can use. This stuff is NOT going to ebay it is just for the board. If you were planning on buying something from the regular official sellers please do, as they need the support but if it something they don't have then quickly contact me or opelbits@yahoo.com

c

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

my email isnt working!!!!

my email isnt working so i'll post it here..... i need the drivers side door lock thingy.... and some good rear little bumpers.. not the main part but the little part in the back. i need both..... if they are all in good cond. then bring them to the show, so just give me a price, and we could do business at the show

Downloads
    Uploads
    will post pics tonight and chalk off taken bits

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Everything Calvin said.

There are some things that I have many multiples of that if they are not good on that car, I may offer them up. The rear bumperettes are just such an item.

Most of the bottom of the car is nonexistent. Even the lower three inches of the doors are gone.

It does seem to have a blue/green tinted windshield. I don't believe it is a film, but rather an actual tinted windshield. It is tinted all over, not just at the top.
    "No, it's not fiberglass."
    "No, the motor is not in the back."
    "No, your friend in high school did not 'peg' his speedometer."

Downloads
    Uploads

well.....

if jared doesn't come to the car show, then you might want to bring a speedometer with you if it works.. and if you have one.... i need one for a 1971 opel gt, 4 speed..the numbers on the front are w-1062.... i dont need door lock thingy, got mine working.... i still need a speedometer,and rear bumperettes. and maybe a fuse block if in good cond. and a good horn button.. like i said i dont know if jared is going, so the speedometer is a maybe, depends on which one works good....

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Man... I wish the bottom was there. I need the lower area behind the driver side wheel that always rusts out due to salt spray from the rear wheel. If it is good on the car, let me know.

Thanks -

- John

5,000 Post Club My location namba209 (R.I.P.)'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Calvin, I sent you an e-mail, but I'll follow it up here also. I'm looking for the plastic ring (2-piece) that goes in front of the metal sleeve the ignition switch and the turn signal stalk come out of. It is held in wth 2 phillips screws. Mine is now a 3-piece, cracked front to rear on the top piece right in the middle. Any help would be appreciated. TIA
    Ron
    72 GT 3.4L V-6/T-5/ZF posi - almost done - Just need AC installed.
    75 Chevy monza 5.7L/TH350/Auburn 3.08 posi - Next

Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry the batteries were dead or something on digi cam will try and get that fixed and some pics as soon as possible

sent ya an email namba
    =================

willy I will hack and pry at the lock "thingy" for you for sunday darn just read your post yours work.. and i was sooo looking forward tyo saw-alling th lock thingy out... speedo and back bumperettes... check
    =================

John i think this one is rusty/gone but I will double check in the am on this ones condition.

I have a trick from a south bend indiana Manta driver. they make a winter shield out of a bit of sheet metal and plastic milk cartons that you put on with the snow tires and take off in the spring.

I will dig around for the shiels and post a picture

c
    Last edited by calvin; 08-11-2004 at 01:03 AM.

OPEL-LESS!!! My location greensmurf20's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jared
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i also have many many parts, i just got another truck load of GT stuff today, alot of good stuff, cheap cheap cheap.

if the headliner is black with no rips, i'd probably take it and if the drivers side sun visor is good, i'll probably take that too, also in black.
    previousely owned 8 GTs and 1 manta.

currently own

92 25th anniversary Z28. Ttop, leather, 370CI LSx T56 swap
    407 RWHP, 391 RWTQ, 11.74 @ 121

67 chevy sportvan deluxe....next in line.

73 chevy K-10- plow truck

71 GT, 1.9 4speed

2007 chevy silverado 1500, crewcab, loaded, Canadian limited edition GFX package Daily driver

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry about this but it broke...

the lock thingy broke in my gt again, so please get it.... it is simple to take out.. i need the whole piece. if it works..... any body got a horn button????? well jared, and calvin.. who ever has these parts bring them to the car show, and i will buy the best....
    1. both bumperettes (rear)
    2. speedometer w-1062
    3. door shut/ lock thingy
    4. horn button...

OPEL-LESS!!! My location greensmurf20's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jared
    Downloads
    Uploads
    willy, i know you said you have alot of gaskets, so if you have a intake and exhaust manifold gasket, i'll trade straight up for the speedometer, i got a brand new hooker header i'm dying to put on my car, but need a gasket first.
    previousely owned 8 GTs and 1 manta.

currently own

92 25th anniversary Z28. Ttop, leather, 370CI LSx T56 swap
    407 RWHP, 391 RWTQ, 11.74 @ 121

67 chevy sportvan deluxe....next in line.

73 chevy K-10- plow truck

71 GT, 1.9 4speed

2007 chevy silverado 1500, crewcab, loaded, Canadian limited edition GFX package Daily driver

Thread Information