Brake Booster!
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Manta Ascona Kadett Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brake Booster!

Member My location opelgtman73 is on a distinguished road opelgtman73's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trey
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brake Booster!

Hi guys, welcome to the thread, I just recently had my brake booster go out on my 1973 Opel GT. I know that Opel GT Source is about to get the new brake boosters here in about a month or so. I would love to get the new ones instead of having my old one rebuilt, but I don't want to wait a month. So what I'm looking for is someone with a brake booster I could have or get reasonably cheap! I know some of you guys have 10+ Opels and lots of parts, so if anyone out there has a spare brake booster they don't mind letting me have or have cheap, or if you know anyone that does, just reply to this post and let me know, thx for your time guys!
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 06-18-2010 at 10:35 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler Lindsay
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the price for a new brake booster from Opel GT Source?

Real Name
    Trey
    Downloads
    Uploads
    new one is gonna be about $200 bucks from opelgt source

Opeler barnlife is on a distinguished road barnlife's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ohio

I know where there are several boosters. In Ohio, Canton South, and you have to go to Massey's house. May the force be with you. If you're interested I can get his phone number for you, I got the engine I put in my gt from him for 400$
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 06-17-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Real Name
    Trey
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be awesome! but could you call them and let me know about my situation, cuz I think it would be kinda weird just callin' someone for a brake booster when they aren't really openingly selling it haha, but ya just get the info and I'll call em up
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 06-18-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Earned my pay on this one.

Opeler barnlife is on a distinguished road barnlife's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

booster.

Massey is a road trucker, Usually home on the weekends. I'll probably see him Sunday. Would we mail the part or what would the plan be. I don't know if he would take a check or not and most people don't send money in the mail, probably for good reasons. Basically this dude looks at the gt source price and you talk him down from it some.
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 06-17-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: It's contagious

Real Name
    Trey
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well if I can't get the booster for less than $50 then I'm not gonna do it, do you know what kinda price he would sell for?
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 06-17-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Too much text speak

Real Name
    Trey
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Need a brake booster so I'm bumping haha
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 06-17-2010 at 07:25 PM.

tomking My location tomking is on a distinguished road tomking's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should have one. Let me look this weekend and I am just up the road from you too.
    TMK

Mike's Opel Shop Site Supporter My location opellane is on a distinguished road opellane's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to try and get the old one rebuilt, I used Dewey Brake Booster and I had it back in 10 days and looks like new. $130.00 w/ shipping. These Guys Know Boosters and are very easy to deal with. I Just Thought I would throw this out here for anyone else interested.
    Booster Dewey Power Brake Booster Exchange Inc.
    MIKE
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1972 Opel GT,Citris Yellow 2.0L, Weber 38DGES
    1969 Opel GT Lt Blue Metallic 2.0L,Weber 38DGES
    1973 MGB, Red, Weber 38DG

Opeler Lindsay
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opellane View Post
    If you want to try and get the old one rebuilt, I used Dewey Brake Booster and I had it back in 10 days and looks like new. $130.00 w/ shipping. These Guys Know Boosters and are very easy to deal with. I Just Thought I would throw this out here for anyone else interested.
    Booster Dewey Power Brake Booster Exchange Inc.
    I had my GT brake booster rebuilt in California for approximately $200. I paid an additional $50 for plating.
    Did not trust painted booster; brake fluid removes paint. It is helpful to know of another rebuilding shop.
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 06-18-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Real Name
    Trey
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking @tomking

tomking, if you had a booster I could have or buy cheap, I would jump off the walls with joy! Let me know if you do have one, and if so how much you want for it (unless you wouldn't mind Giving me one.......lol) but if you do that would be a life saver!! plz just let me know what the whole situation is! :
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 06-18-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Tennessean Site Supporter My location hrcollinsjr will become famous soon enough hrcollinsjr will become famous soon enough hrcollinsjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Harold Collins
    Downloads
    Uploads

Moved to Brake Forum

Trey,

Our forum is laid out much like the Factory Service Manual (FSM). So in the future please look or post in the appropriate areas. Mike's post about a booster repair service will be easier for others to find if it is in the correct forum.

Thanks,

Harold

P.S. Welcome to the community!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opelgtman73 View Post
    tomking, if you had a booster I could have or buy cheap, I would jump off the walls with joy! Let me know if you do have one, and if so how much you want for it (unless you wouldn't mind Giving me one.......lol) but if you do that would be a life saver!! plz just let me know what the whole situation is! :
    I will look to make sure I have a good one on Saturday. I have several, but unchecked as of now. It will not be free!
    TMK

Tennessean Site Supporter My location hrcollinsjr will become famous soon enough hrcollinsjr will become famous soon enough hrcollinsjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Harold Collins
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tomking View Post
    I have several,... It will not be free!
    Several of us on the site may own multiple parts cars or have stripped several over the years. I fund my Opel addiction by selling parts.

Harold

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK I have a booster that holds vacuum. I just cleaned it up and painted it. I will PM you on details.
    TMK

Real Name
    Trey
    Downloads
    Uploads
    tomking, I think my message sent, lol idk, just let me know if it did or not
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 06-19-2010 at 11:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opelgtman73 View Post
    tomking, I think my message sent, lol idk, just let me know if it did or not
    I got your PM and replied. You are welcome to come pick it up. Let me know if you wish and I will give directions.
    TMK

Member My location Gordy is on a distinguished road Gordy's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agree with Opellane on this one!

In a post above Opellane mentioned and praised www://boosterdeweyexchange.com and I have to agree with him. I called Dewey and told him what my 1967 Kadett was doing (almost stalling when the brake pedal is depressed but idles fine when it's not) and he said before I send it off to him that it could be a 50 cent seal that goes between the mc and the booster which can cause the same effect. I haven't had time to look at that yet but anyone in business who actually tells you to look into a 50 cent fix rather than a $130 fix is A-OK in my book! I will check that seal out but feel real good about having a source to rebuild the booster if it needs to be done. Phone # for Power Brake Booster Restoration in Portland Oregon is 503=238=8882.

Real Name
    Trey
    Downloads
    Uploads
    haha ya that little rubber o-ring between the MC and the booster is very important to use haha, when i got the new booster from OGTS, i didnt use the new o-ring and i still had probelms, i was confused lol

Have to use it on the new booster, cuz its fatter than the old one.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information