Manta Compatibility
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Manta Compatibility

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Manta Compatibility

I have a 1973 Opel Manta A and am wondering what year body parts are compatible? The car is complete, but with significant rust damage, I am thinking it might be more cost effective to source a car to use for parts. Just wondering if I can do that with any other years? Ie. 1972 fenders, etc.?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler My location Bill Hoffmann's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Due to the 5 mph bumpers on '74 and '75 model year U.S. cars, the mounting holes for the wrap-around chrome bumpers are missing. Also, the hood for those years has two windshield washer squirters instead of one. Besides differences in emblems the body panels are otherwise the same for all Manta A's.

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the information Bill, I appreciate it. So to clarify, I can use any year Model A for all body panel replacements, except the hood? Trunk as well? If this is the case, you have made my day!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhost View Post
    Thanks for the information Bill, I appreciate it. So to clarify, I can use any year Model A for all body panel replacements, except the hood? Trunk as well? If this is the case, you have made my day!
    Very minor differences with the hood, so that's not really a problem. The main differences are front & rear lower valences where the bumpers mount. And also the inside floor of trunk is different, due to the bumper mounts.

OpelGT.com Übermoderator My location kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ..and I don't recall exactly what year it changed (I'm not a Manta guy), but aren't the first year or two "pillar-less" (as in no B pillar) while the later models have a fixed B pillar? Are the doors still the same, though?
    Keith Wilford
    Working on the bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT, and may have another GT to build next...

Project 1450 supporter... Site Supporter My location RallyBob's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilford View Post
    ..and I don't recall exactly what year it changed (I'm not a Manta guy), but aren't the first year or two "pillar-less" (as in no B pillar) while the later models have a fixed B pillar? Are the doors still the same, though?
    Yup, '71-'73 have a double-thickness inner rocker panel, and no b-pillar. The rear 1/4-window detailing is different too, at the front pivot.

Doors are the same, other than in mid-1973 a side impact beam being added (11 lbs heavier per door).
    My Flickr photos.
    C.R.L. 9/22/69 - 12/8/99, J.M.L. 3/3/43 - 6/15/04, D.M.L. 9/19/50 - 6/23/10
    E.G. Sauer 2/26/66 - 2/18/10. Rest in peace big guy...

'70 GT 'Bonnie', '71 Ascona 4-dr turbo - winter beater, '71 Ascona 4-dr 'Turd' - rallycar, '72 Manta Rallye - hillclimb car, '72 Ascona wagon - 'Red', '72 Manta - caged street car, '73 Manta Luxus, '73 Ascona 2-dr, '74 Ascona 2-dr - Project X, '74 Manta Luxus - factory sunroof, '74 Manta ITB racecar, '75 Manta, '75 Sportwagon, '75 Manta - racecar

Thread Information