71 Opel 1900 Deluxe 4-Door
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: 71 Opel 1900 Deluxe 4-Door

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

71 Opel 1900 Deluxe 4-Door

I have a driveable car that is an automatic with a 1.9L drivetrain. It only has 50K miles on it but had sat for a period of time. Unfortunately the windshield seal dried up and now leaks water when it rains. I am looking for this seal along with carpet because I had to take it out because of mold/mildew. I live in NH and appreciate any help or direction I can get. My email is thedetective@juno.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Owner of EZ2Wire.com My location GoinManta's Avatar
    Real Name
    Charles Goin
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome.. you now make it 3 confirmed 71 4 doors (there is a 68 in MD somewhere)

4 door Kadetts are very rare.. and only imported in 71 and a few in 68.

That said the FRONT gasket is available at Opel GT Source, as are most mechanical parts.

I have a older NOS rear gasket that has some dryrot on the edges but is better than a rotten gasket. Will need to get the inserts for the gasket from GT Source as well.

The DOOR rubber is made of unobtainium.. literally.. so preserve what you have the best you can.. its irreplaceable.

As for Carpet, no one has a Kit.. but its pretty basic and you can either get the carpet and cut and trim yourself or go to a shop and they can do it. If your looking to save a dollar.. Lowes has a nice black/gray indoor outdoor carpet.. a Yard of it and carpet glue and time it doesnt look bad.

What opelnut10 said is correct too.. Yours maybe an Ascona (Also rare and door rubber also made of unobtainium)

I assume you mean the Kadett because you said Deluxe.. which is what the Kadett 4doors were marketed as. Also they dropped the Kadett and just called them Opels in 70-71.

Got a picture..?
    Last edited by GoinManta; 05-09-2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Can't post thread seems locked.
    CURRENT
    '71 Opel Kadett 4 Door 36D (2.0 L w/ EFI & Auto) - "Mary Ann"
    '74 Opel Manta - "Barbara"
    '05 Pontiac GTO

In the past owned:
    '06 Pontiac GTO
    2 Bitters (#491/#439)
    '73 Commodore GS
    ATLAS ( 74 Manta w/ 2.8L LK5 )
    '73 Blue Max Manta Luxus
    & at least 20 other Opels

Real Name
    Lloyd
    Downloads
    Uploads

71 4 door 1900

Quote Originally Posted by GoinManta View Post
    Welcome.. you now make it 3 confirmed 71 4 doors (there is a 68 in MD somewhere)

4 door Kadetts are very rare.. and only imported in 71 and a few in 68.

That said the FRONT gasket is available at Opel GT Source, as are most mechanical parts.

I have a older NOS rear gasket that has some dryrot on the edges but is better than a rotten gasket. Will need to get the inserts for the gasket from GT Source as well.

The DOOR rubber is made of unobtainium.. literally.. so preserve what you have the best you can.. its irreplaceable.

As for Carpet, no one has a Kit.. but its pretty basic and you can either get the carpet and cut and trim yourself or go to a shop and they can do it. If your looking to save a dollar.. Lowes has a nice black/gray indoor outdoor carpet.. a Yard of it and carpet glue and time it doesnt look bad.
    He may be refering to a 71 Ascona 4 door (they were called 1900's here in the US) in which case he can find parts better than a Kadett.

Thread Information