Opel GT Forum banner

Opel's at Carlisle 2017

8K views 78 replies 20 participants last post by  norbertone.gt371 (R.I.P.) 
#1 ·
Ok... I made reservations for May 18th, 19th and 20th. Just so everybody knows, the price seems to have gone up somewhat. I told the lady I was with the Opel Club.

On Thursday, May 18th, it's $99.99

On Friday and Saturday, May 19th and 20th it's $124.99 per night.

:ponder:

#2 · (Edited)
Booked rooms

I also just made my Reservation for the Carlisle Opel Weekend... All the rooms are in a block on the 2nd floor ..near the Conf. room so it won't be hard to find your room after Bench racing is done :tired:

Here's the Contact info. In case there are some newbie's that want to join us.

Days Inn Carlisle North 1825 Harrisburg Pike Carlisle, PA 17015 Tel: (717) 245-2242 Fax: (717) 258-4881

Good Luck... See you'all There :cool:

http://classicopels.com/gallery/index.php/Image/138-Carlisle-2016-Club-Photo/

#6 ·
Thanks for the reminder! I've been procrastinating. We are now booked and looking forward to seeing you. I suppose we should register something. When is the last day for pre-registration?

Vickie

#9 · (Edited)
Join us for the 21st annual gathering of Opel's in the East. 3 full days of fun at the Carlisle Fairgrounds!

Club hotel info:

Days Inn Carlisle North 1825 Harrisburg Pike Carlisle, PA 17015 Tel: (717) 245-2242 Fax: (717) 258-4881

6 rooms are held for Thurs 18th May. and 30 rooms for the Fri and Sat (19th & 20th May)
Make sure to say that you are with the Opel Club when making reservations.

Event details:
carlisleevents.com/carlisle-ev…ce-nationals/default.aspx

Mod Note: Do not remove this post

#10 ·
I go online tonight to see if Carlisle hit my credit card for the tent, tables and chairs fee (they haven't) and notice two strange charges.

OPTICAL STOP in GA for $109.00 on 3/17
KMF DELIVERY SERVICE in CO for $71.45 on 3/17

Quick check of their phone numbers showed several fraudulent charges to others. Card has been cancelled. Now I need to contact any autopay accounts when I get my new card.

Remember to check your statements closely!

#13 ·
https://www.booster.com/2017-21st-anniversary-opels-at-carlisle

6 days till we put in the order.

If you plan on buying a shirt at the show. Post here with size and number. I won't promise I will have it, but I will at least have one in the requested size made. I don't plan on having a lot of extra made, as I don't want to end up with leftovers.

So it would be better, and cheaper, to buy them now and pick them up at the show.

If you don't know if you will be at the show but want a shirt, you can order and pay to have shipped to you.

All pre-ordered shirts are guaranteed a shooter glass.

#14 ·
#17 ·
Hmmm....I registered one day after the discount ended and still got the discount and my sticker also arrived a couple of days ago. My number is 017 and I see on our list above that 18 people confirmed they're coming. I'm only registered for our normal Showfield, not the overall competition.

So I wonder how PJ got 118 and I got 17?

I'm sure PJ registered long before I did.......

Maybe they just pull the numbers out of a hat?

:thinking:

#18 ·
How is the winner of the Tom Cavataio decided?

Who decides?

There's a certain member who has done exhaustive research and write ups and who has obtained a large amount of highly desirable parts for us and who has a long history of promoting our get togethers, yet who has been overlooked for recognition all these years and whose car hasn't yet won a #1 trophy.

I'm just wondering how we could officially applaud his efforts and lifetime achievement.

:thinking:

#31 ·
I will be late to the party. My previous business partner passed away on Saturday the 13th and his funeral is next
Saturday the 20th. I will be leaving for Carlisle after I make an appearance which will put me there somewhere around 2:30pm on Saturday.
If you listen carefully in the Morning you will hear my GT smokin' down the road.

Reactions: The Scifi Guy
#33 ·
#37 ·
Bring a swim suit and sun tan lotion!

I just went for an hour drive on the interstate with the trailer fully loaded to make sure all was okay. Car ran fine and my twin fans kept the engine happy. 93* with high humidity! Holy Bejeesus! Same for tomorrow when I drive to Carlisle. I'm going to leave EARLY! Beat the heat! Man, I hope this isn't like last Summer when it was 90*+ every day, with high humidity, all through June and July. Car show attendance around here was really bad during those months. Everyone finally came out of the woodwork in August. Hmmmm.....maybe I'll start going to evening cruise-ins instead. Temps should be 20* cooler on Saturday and Sunday.

The newspaper today said that folks out in Utah, Wyoming, Montana, etc. were forecast to get SNOW today! Some high mountainous areas are supposed to get 18"!!!!

I gotta move to the mountains!

:yikes:

#39 ·
Forcast Snow

yup supposed to be 0-6 at my place just out side of Denver

#38 ·
The same here, very hot and humid. At least I have A/C in my GT. Still, I am worried about getting stuck at the border with engine idling for a long time. With electrical fan the engine cooling is more than adequate but the concern is accumulation of heat under the hood, despite header being ceramic coated and wrapped. I am just waiting one of this days paint on the hood to start burning (hope not).

There is no sense for me to leave too early as I will encounter Hamilton rush hour madness, so leaving tomorrow around 7.30, to be at the border around 11.00. I will meet some old buddies from the office in Shippensburg which will likely turn to beer party, so I will see you all on Friday.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.