"A Rose between two Thorns"
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Manta Ascona Kadett Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "A Rose between two Thorns"

Opeler Welsh Wizard is on a distinguished road Welsh Wizard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Derek
    Downloads
    Uploads

"A Rose between two Thorns"

Hello all,

Just got back from a fantastic show in Hawkesbury Ontario. Over 750 Classic, Rod and Tuned cars and only one Opel, 'KAYS GT'. I had a chance to shoot the breeze with no other than Dennis Gage who was up here in Canada filming for next years 'My Classic Car' series.
    Lots of footage taken but who knows what will make the show and what ends up on the cutting room floor. He did however ask where we were parked so the Opel may get some air time yet,he also shared that he too owns a GT (1973). Weather stayed off and a great time had by all.
    Attached Images
    Welsh Wizard

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

1000 Post Club Site Supporter My location P.J. Romano will become famous soon enough P.J. Romano's Avatar
    Real Name
    P.J.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad that you had great time. Shame that most of us did not know about Hawkesbury show. Please post it next year and I am sure that we would create a rose garden there instead of you being a lonely rose. At least we would create a beer garden!

Real Name
    Derek
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stealth Show

P.J. this show flew right under the radar, it was a passing comment I picked up at a local cruise night and even when I drove there Sunday morning I was not sure it was on until the last set of lights and the 'road closed' signs. On one hand you could say poor advertising but on the other....over 750 car owners knew about it and so did the TV company and the large crowd of visitors. I am told last year the weather attracted nearly 1000 registered vehicles.
    Rob has already expressed an interest in attending so mark your calender. We can stage at the farm on the Saturday night and run into town early Sunday to get prime high street parking and exposure for the club. Kay and I will fire up the BBQ and we have lots of space for tents and trailers. Although dominated as most shows by 50's & 60's domestics there were still plenty of imports and odd balls to be seen, great live music all day and I found a small Mom & Pop bakery up a back street for fresh coffee and warm cakes. Mmmmmmm
    Attached Images
    Welsh Wizard

tomking My location tomking is on a distinguished road tomking's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A really sweet looking GT. It helped those corvettes sitting next to you too. You do need some company next year!
    TMK

Real Name
    Derek
    Downloads
    Uploads

Northern Exposure

Fellow Opelers,

Company for next year is very welcome, the more the merrier. Geographically the venue caters for Ontario,Quebec and New york state easily. There are plenty of motels in the area and like I said if anyone wishes to camp we have room. I will always view Carlisle as the season opener but this now is perfect to bring the show season to a close in this end of the woods anyway. 1 hour from Ottawa to the west or 60 minutes ride the other way gets you into down town Montreal. Make a long weekend and see the sites.

D & K
    Welsh Wizard

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information