Opel GT Forum banner

The 20th anniversary is fast approaching..

4K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  GoldGT 
#1 ·
I am going to do a write up on all the last few (19) Carlisle Meets for the upcoming 20th. At minimim I am hoping.. to get 19 pictures of the entire group from each year. I have either lost my pictures, or my newsletters (more on that)

I need pictures.. !! Especially the early years.

Email them to me at ez2wire@yahoo.com or

If you only have hard copies you can email them to me at

13000 Ashtree Road Midlothian, VA 23114

and I will scan them for you.

I should have taken perfect shots (like the baby growing into the teenager composites we see on line so much these days) and saved everything.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all.. That said its worst than that sounds.

I lost ALL my OANA newsletters (other than the ones i posted on Hemmings) a older Opel owner was in the hospital and I lent them to his son for him to read. I have never heard back since. My assumption is the man passed and the nurse threw them away.. >.<

SOooo.. any old newsletters would be great too.. I would love to get a collection of them all back.

So if anyone wants to step up and help me with collecting all this I would really appreciate it.

See less See more
#2 ·
I lost ALL my OANA newsletters (other than the ones i posted on Hemmings) a older Opel owner was in the hospital and I lent them to his son for him to read. I have never heard back since. My assumption is the man passed and the nurse threw them away.. >.<

SOooo.. any old newsletters would be great too.. I would love to get a collection of them all back.

So if anyone wants to step up and help me with collecting all this I would really appreciate it.
I probably have all of them Charles, BUT I can't recall where I placed them when I moved everything into my barn years ago.

I have all the Blitz newletters from '86 to present, Opel USA from '84 until '94, all the ODCA's, and should have all the OANA's. I remember seeing them when I closed C & R in '01, but I'll be damned if I know which box they're in these days...

#3 ·
If you could find all them and get them to me I will gladly archive the whole bunch electronically (SOmething I should have done years ago) :)

#4 ·
Love the internet..

Through some diligent searching of old online archives I found some shots of the 1st year.. Which is better than getting the newsletter at least these are in color. Even found a little text on most of them.

Attachments

#5 ·
2nd Opels @ Carlisle 1997

Here are shots from 1997 Recognize anyone..?

Attachments

Reactions: Steve Daniels
#6 ·
3rd Annual Opels @ Carlilse 1998

1998 Year after ClassicOpels Yahoo group started, and I believe helped push the show up a notch. That and the weather.

Attachments

#7 ·
4th Annual Opels @ Carlisle 1999

1999 First year NOT on Mothers Day.. That helped too..

Attachments

#8 ·
5th Annual Opels @ Carlisle 2000

Last Carlisle covered by the OANA. Seems like yesterday..

Attachments

#9 ·
6th Opels @ Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals - May 2001

Great show, pictures still on Hemmings website - Pictures there of Craigs C&D Turbo Ascona, etc.. too many pictures to transfer to here.

Opel Association of North America

Attachments

#10 ·
Walking down that lane..

Love for people to comment on the events that they have been at and with pictures if they have them.

#12 ·
I think Mike Pinkleton still has it (In Ohio Maybe?), it was one of the original V6 GTs with the small V6. He documented in on a few of the last OANA newsletters.

Purple one was never seen again.. and Doug Groves white and red ones with custom engines from 1997 were also never seen or heard from again.

The red convertible as well has disappeared.

Be sweet if in 2016 ALL the Opels that showed up over the last 20 years made an appearance.

#15 ·
I will get with you on that :)

#17 ·
Anyone have a good collection of all the plaques from the years ?

Like to do a picture collage of them..

#19 ·
If you could send me picts that would be great.. ! Those would probably be the hardest to find.. I think I have others too.. Probably enough to get a good collage going.

#21 ·
1996 program and showfield placard. My GT did not make it there that year. I ran across my 1997 award the other day. Gotta find it... again!

Attachments

#23 ·
Carlisle Import and Kit Nationals - British, French, German, Swedish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Collector, Performance, Parts, Accessories

DATE CHANGE !!!! They Changed to the 20th from the 13th.. !

Oh.. and the "Power Jam" is back.. most will not remember (it was 1995-2000) they invited the tuner crowd.. Well for the last 16 years they split them.. now they are recombining.

That doesn't tick me off near as much as a date change.. when plans were already underway, hotel reservations set etc.. etc.. etc..

#30 ·

Anyone think of anything else I might need to add ?

Reactions: Aardvaark (R.I.P.)
#33 ·
Just made my reservation at the hotel. Spring is on the way and where I am you sure can't complain about this winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.