Opel GT Forum banner

Request of Opel National Meet

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Ooooner 
#1 ·
During the Carlisle weekend the conversation came up multiple times about Tennessee hosting a National Meet. It was kind of funny as we had been discussing the possibilities of doing one, so after more discussion we have the following offer available.

We (Tennessee group...Harold and myself...we have others!) would like the opportunity to host the 2017 Opel Nationals. They would be held in Nashville, TN in the month of August. This would prevent any conflict with other Opel shows that take place in September in Charlotte and Springfield.

The main venue would more than likely be at the Lane Motor Museum, which would be a fitting place as it is an European and microcars museum. Other arrangements such as a driving tour will be planned, and appropriate restaurants and hotel accommodations would be made as well to accommodate trailer parking and room group rates.
It would be something that would be a Friday, Saturday, Sunday event, or at least everyone departs on Sunday.

The Opel Music City Nationals has a ring to it, and would like some feedback on this. If this conflicts with another plan, please bring this to our attention.
The National Planning Team please discuss this as a possible show location, we feel Nashville is very centralized, drawing folks from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Alabama, NC, SC, Georgia, KY, Miss, Louisiana, Texas, Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois and mid west. With 3 major highways leading into Nashville, it would definitely draw members that normally cannot travel to the far North East or East coast.

This would be an awards type show, and I would work with getting some sponsorship to help make it a rememberable meet.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd definitely be there if it's before August 15th! It would be nice to be able to go to an Opel meet. They don't happen here in Texas anymore.

#7 ·
Only 15 hours, 1000 miles away....:yup:

#11 · (Edited)
I'd be up for that as long as I'm not doing another turn in the sand box for the Army then (2017).

Starting an annual event, possibly later this year, and definitely next year is a great idea. There are some good scenic routes in that area too for those that enjoy more than just a show.

#12 ·
sounds great to me!, seems most shows are all way to far east and north east for me to attend coming from MO, and by that time I should hope to god my car will be rdy...maybe not show quality yet but at least drivable and capable of making the trip to be able to meet some of you nice helpful people :) :yup:

#13 ·
I would echo what Brad said. Giving yourself a couple of years to tune up can do nothing but help. Being within a days drive it is one I would hope to be able to make. Actually would be neat if we could hook with some of the guys north of here and caravan down.

#14 ·
Keith and Harold....

I think your idea is a great one! I don't think anyone on the planning committee would have a problem with the Tennessee Club hosting a National Meet. I personally think it would be great because its a new venue for everybody and you would draw some Opelers out of the woodwork that haven't participated before. This would give me an excuse to come to your territory for a change!

Let's see.... The National Meets scheduled as of now are: 2015 California, 2016 Carlisle, 2017 Tennessee??, 2018 ????? and 2019 Charlotte??

Are there any objections to Tennessee or Charlotte? 2018 would need to be figured out. In the past, we have found that the hosting site (club) for a National meet works better when it is in conjunction with a large show. More to see and do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.