Opel GT Forum banner

Opel Nationals Discussion thread

15K views 77 replies 31 participants last post by  Gary 
#1 · (Edited)
The Opel Nationals is considered the "event to go to if you can only attend one major event that year".

Individuals or groups manage regional events held annually throughout the country. Attending the one in your region is a great way to held these expand and grow. The Nationals are rotated through these regional events. The schedule is somewhat flexible and is usually set 2 to 3 years in advance to help with planning.

Post your thoughts and comments about future National's locations here.

#44 ·
Reactions: Ooooner
#45 · (Edited)
Change of plans!

It looks like Carlisle has changed things up. The Import & Kit show has now been combined with the Performance & Style show and moved to May 20-22, 2016.

I don't see any advantage other than to make things more crowded. And now I have to explain to my wife that she didn't have to persuade her bowling team to change their plans for the women's nationals after all.:sigh:

#46 ·
It looks like Carlisle has changed things up. The Import & Kit show has now been combined with the Performance & Style show and moved to May 20-22, 2016.

I don't see any advantage other than to make things more crowded. And now I have to explain to my wife that she didn't have to persuade her bowling team to change their plans for the women's nationals after all.:sigh:
Is the event held at the Fairgrounds in Carlisle... thanks

#48 ·
Hotel for Carlisle 2016

I've confirmed the new dates with our regular Hotel, the days Inn north.
19 rooms for the thursday
60 rooms for friday and sat.
Rate is $99.99, unless you only stay one night, in which case it is $119.99.
It is booked as " ALT-OPEL CLUB"
Cut-off for getting a room under the group deal is 30th April, or once all 60 rooms are gone.
rgds, Rob.

#49 ·
I've confirmed the new dates with our regular Hotel, the days Inn north.
19 rooms for the thursday
60 rooms for friday and sat.
Rate is $99.99, unless you only stay one night, in which case it is $119.99.
It is booked as " ALT-OPEL CLUB"
Cut-off for getting a room under the group deal is 30th April, or once all 60 rooms are gone.
rgds, Rob.
Awesome.. ! post cards and such are on order now.

#54 ·
charles: I think you want to change it to read: Mention alt-opel for discount rate.......

Mitch real name manta:cool:
hmm....

only real difference is the new ones say : Alt-opel club and not opel motorsport club, and mention the two day to get the discount. And i added philly and nyc into the locations carlisle is near.

#55 ·
Carlisle 20% registration discount Nov 27-Dec 31

I have just registered. Saved $8.00.

HOLIDAY SALE - THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOYALTY AND SUPPORT Sale Begins November 27 The annual Holiday Sale is now available EVEN EARLIER. Starting on Black Friday, November 27, 2015 and running through December 31, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. you can SAVE! Save a total of 20% off per showfield car registered. This is a limited time offer and our way of saying, "Thank you! We appreciate your support and look forward to the 2016 season." When registering online, discounts will be applied at checkout. Phone orders will also be accepted at 717-243-7855 through Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 5 p.m. After that, the offices are closed for the year and the sale will conclude before we re-open on January 4, 2016 With a sale like this, there is no reason to EVER pay full price to attend an event at Carlisle. Shop the Holiday Sale/Register Online - See more at: Holiday Sale - Thank You For Your Loyalty And Support

#61 ·
Harrisburg is the closest (approx 30 min. by car to Carlisle). There are regular flights from Detroit, Toronto, Chicago and Atlanta.
Or you can fly to Washington, Baltimore or Philadelphia (approx. 2 hours by car to Carlisle).
I tried all of those combinations when I worked in Shippensburg near Carlisle. I prefer Harrisburg which is small, well organized airport and not crowded.

#65 · (Edited)
I decided to too. Was going to wait but registering now puts more pressure on me to make the long trip not to mention saving the $8.:veryhappy

#67 ·
I figured I'd go for the whole ball of wax this year and registered for the judged showfield.

:veryhappy
:
I hope you mean your car and not you.:p

#76 ·
Yep working on them now.. and going to have all the proceeds go to his family.

I was actually thinking of doing something like the yellow/red as a special commemorative version, along with the traditional ones in Black ( I'm out of work shirts.. :) )

Reactions: opelgtboy70
#78 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.