Opel GT Forum banner

2016 Carlisle Parts Thread

13K views 105 replies 29 participants last post by  First opel 1981 
#1 ·
Figured I would get this started. I now have the Spal window motors available since I put the Honda motors in my GT. If anyone wants them for $50 they are yours. The orginal kit is about $220. They are all set up for the GT. You would need switches but other than that they are perfect.

#52 ·
I thought the 2.2 had the same pattern as the 1.9/2.0 and it was only the 2.4 that was different.

#53 ·
1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.9, 2.0 heads are all low port.

2.2 and 2.4 heads are high port.

#54 ·
Parts Needs

These are parts that am looking For... maybe someone can help me out for Carlisle

First am looking for a yellow Speedo gear ( I think that's why my speedo Indicator Gauge is running too fast when using blue gear) Need one Yellow Speedo gear.... HELP!

Looking for a decent GT Dome Light Housing working or not working but Decent shape
without the lens/cover..

One Nice Steering Wheel Plastic black Shroud 2 pc. ( between column and dash panel)
One large Special Washer ( Oversized) used to hold down the Stock Air Filter Can (inside the filter canister)

PS Willing to trade for new cool t-shirts :cool3:

Attachments

#58 ·
Hmmm....does anyone have a GT rack and pinion that they want to almost give me, plus a little for your time and trouble?

I just want to practice taking one apart before I do the one in my own car. Who knows, maybe the one someone gives me will have a better rack or pinion than I have? Or maybe I can strip it down and have the housing powdercoated, so all I'll have to do is disassemble my present r/p and swap the rack and pinion over to it, plus all new associated parts, for minimal downtime.

I don't need the inner and outer tie rods, just the rack, pinion, and housing. REALLY mint condition might induce me to open my wallet wider! :lmao:

:veryhappy

P.S. Oh wait, Karl said he has all that stuff. But, gee, he never returns my calls.........

#59 ·
Early speedometer gears will not work in later transmissions. They were brown in color. Cannot say I've actually seen a yellow gear before. I have seen a red one from a Manta, but that yellow one doesn't seem like it was from a GT. the early transmission speedo gear is longer by the way

#62 ·
Keith. This is my situation....when I installed the 5 Speed Tranny from Gil it came
With a brand new GM blue gear....but I got lazy and cut the yellow off the speedo adapter
Directions say install blue gear....so there got to be some yellow ones out there

I have installed the blue gear...which runs fast....thinkin maybe should of just left the yellow gear alone :pat::pat: now what to do? Need a yellow 5 Speed gear. ....hope that solves the problem

#79 ·
My public apology to Karl and others who have called me:

I'm sorry!!!!

Apparently something goofy happened with my phone and I haven't been getting notified of messages waiting in my voice mail or missed calls. I just got done an hour and a half of listening to and deleting messages going back as far as March!

Jimmy, there's no hurry on me getting a rack and Karl, real near me, has a hoard of stuff I can draw from. I'll keep you in mind and thank you for the offer!

:veryhappy

#80 ·
I have a bunch of NOS Chilton Manta manuals, and some Opel GT Portfolios, if anyone is interested.

#85 ·
It appears you have a '69 model by the turn signal indicators on the dash. That uses the old style 4 spd trans which would tell you what "W" number is used for that car. Does anyone know what the "W" # is for the early transmissions? This way, you don't have to do another set of gauges.

#95 · (Edited)
I do not know what I did wrong ...I compromised the yellow gear for the blue gear...
I know I installed the speedo needle on the white faced gauge correctly 99.1 %
here the link to the one I think will work Tachoritzel gelb / 19 Zähne mit Dichtungsset, Opel cih / OHC, Getrag Getriebe | eBay

What does this Mean: Das gelbe Ritzel ist jenes, welches „etwas langsamer“ ist! Das soll heißen, es zeigt die goldene Mitte der Geschwindigkeiten der drei wählbaren (rot / gelb / blau) Varianten an, es sind ca. 5% weniger als bei dem Roten. Ein weiteres Set mit dem roten Ritzel gibt es natürlich in einer weiteren Auktion im edelschmiede Shop!

Thank You

I took two speedo's apart not knowing...spray paint white then apply the decal...no way of knowing the W numbers
....pretty stupid of me :pat:
Gauge runs Fast ? the Car is running Great!

Attachments

#97 ·
Rough translation:
The yellow pinion is the one "slightly slower"! That is to say, it is in the middle of the three selectable speeds (red / yellow / blue) variants and is about 5% slower than the red. Red gear is available through another auction from the Edelschmiede shop.

#102 ·
Loading up the trailer. 10 totes so far. Found several pairs of "rust free" GT defroster vents and a couple of W-1062 speedo's. 32/36 and 38 Webers, Solexes, Kadett sway bars, and an air compressor. Still have one more storage area to go through.

Any requests?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.