Opel GT Forum banner

2016 Carlisle Parts Thread

13K views 105 replies 29 participants last post by  First opel 1981 
#1 ·
Figured I would get this started. I now have the Spal window motors available since I put the Honda motors in my GT. If anyone wants them for $50 they are yours. The orginal kit is about $220. They are all set up for the GT. You would need switches but other than that they are perfect.

#3 ·
OK, they are yours. If you want them before Carlisle just add $15 and pm me your address and I will box them up and UPS them to you.

#18 ·
I may have motor mount cross member laying around. Since you live close to me, you can always pick it up. I really don't want to drag it to Carlisle. You can pick it up on your return trip.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
:no:

Gordo, I think I can cover you on the gas pedal assembly. I saw it over the weekend, just not sure on the condition. If it checks out, shes all yours..

#14 ·
Slot mags 13 in

Backs are wider and car has a nice stance
No spacers needed and no rubs
Includes good tires, fronts are brand new
$250

Attachments

#20 ·
I can get a crossmember from Karl locally and 69whitegt has already sent me a gas pedal.

I could use a brand new auto tranny kick down cable and especially the little bracket on the motor mount crossmember that is supposed to be on auto tranny equipped GT's. Maybe Karl has one of those too. I would only want a brand new cable that someone bought from OGTS and never used.

#23 ·
Wheels

I have a few sets of wheels I'd like to find a new home. Most are 13" but I am considering selling the 15" wheels off of the Old Hag. I have one pair of slotted mags that are wide the rest are normal width, probably 6". I'll include the slotted mag pics later. First picture is 15x7 et35.

Harold

Attachments

#27 ·
Yup. 1971-1973 Ascona and Wagon are the same. With dimple for small bumper mountings.

Reactions: Ooooner
#28 ·
I'm looking for a set of rear window louvers for a Manta. Prefer the aluminum ones, I'm not interested in the plastic ones.

#30 ·
New Opel Vest

I am selling real nice brand new Opel vest. It is too small for me.
It is made of high quality, water repellent polyester.
"L" size, black with red Opel logo.
It has two zipper pockets and one inner pocket.
Price is 50 US Dollars.

Attachments

#33 ·
I'm looking for the support piece that sits between the body and the spare tire shelf. It's the one on the driver's side that the spare hold-down cage hooks into. The bolts would be good too - are the nuts captured in the wood shelf? How is the top attached to the body?

Thanks,

Harold.

#37 ·
I've already acquired my previously requested parts.

But I've come up with some new stuff I need:

1) A GT fuel tank filler neck.

2) The bracket that holds/stabilizes the oil pick up tube inside the engine

3) Pop-out GT rear side windows, hinges, rubber, and chrome(Preferably with the words: The Red Baron written on them. Chucky?)

I have my Lenk wing and the adjustable wing I made, plus my whackadoodle "bat scorcher" wing. I also have an unbelievably rare Zastrow air dam that a certain someone ought to get back to me about or it goes on the raffle table. I also have my Lenk hood from the Red Baron with underside metal already swapped over from an oem hood, so that it works like a normal hood. That one would be tough to bring to the show and I'll want $500 for it. I also have ceramic coated OGTS headers for sale. And, lastly, I have the 5-spoke 15" rims from the Red Baron.

#47 · (Edited)
Hi Jeff, the piece I'm looking for is the one on the far right of the right hand picture! I assume it has holes in the side where the cage that holds the tire hooks into. Is the piece on the left of the same picture related to this long piece? I have the cage and the jack holder (middle of right picture), just need the others. Let me know what you want for them and I'll pick it up in Carlisle.

Thanks,

Harold.

#48 ·
I'll be bringing some parts (NOS and slightly used).......

Many more than what you see in the following pictures...

Attachments

#49 ·
So it sounds like you need these pieces minus the jack hold down. I'll bring everything from both pictures except the large piece which holds the spare, unless you need that too.

Cost, I don't know, whatever you want. These are just laying around in my garage/barn. I'm glad you can use them.

I will be at Carlisle on Sat only.

Attachments

#51 ·
1.9 Intake adapted for 2.2/2.4 engine

2.2 or 2.4 engine is great add-on and more people are looking to buy this engine. It is easy bolt-on installation except for the choice of fuel mix supply. The choice is FI system, SSD or DSD carburetors. Each solution is complex and not cheap.

Standard 1.9 intake manifold can be adapted for use on 2.2 or 2.4 engine with Weber 38 DGAS carburetor. Here are details of the conversion I made last winter.

1. 2.2 / 2/4 cylinder head has 12 mm raised intake ports. It required drilling new holes for dowel pins, 12 mm lower.

2. New position of intake manifold has caused significant mismatch between cylinder head ports and intake manifold and required porting of the intake manifold.

3. Also, raising intake manifold caused the gap of 12 mm to the exhaust.

4. Filler plate has been manufactured and inserted, including longer bolts.

If anybody is interested, I will bring the whole setup to Carlisle. It includes modified intake manifold, filler plate and exhaust manifold as shown in the last picture. Price is US$ 150.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.