Where do I buy Opel GT parts?
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Manta Ascona Kadett Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where do I buy Opel GT parts?

Opeler pumper225 is on a distinguished road pumper225's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where do I buy Opel GT parts?

I recently purchased a 1973 Opel GT that needs a little more restoration. Dashboard, Spare tire snapdown cover, Ignition switch, Wheel covers. Where are some good places to look for parts? I have tried Ebay and it is hit and miss, Any others? I owned a 1969 35 years ago and would like to get this one in good condition. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

former opel racer My location jeff denton is on a distinguished road jeff denton's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jeff "Oh-Oh" Denton
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back to Opelism, Bill! You are proof that there is no permanent cure for Opelitis.
    Our favorite place to get new parts is OGTS, Opel GT Source. They are online but it works best to just call them and ask questions. Expect incredibly good treatment there!
    For used parts I have good luck with both OGTS and Opel USA.

Opeler wattiefan is on a distinguished road wattiefan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nickolas
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome

Welcome to the site. As far as parts are concerned you can look here. Even if they do not have listed what you want give them a call, you never know what dennis and gil can get there hands on. Opel GT Source --- Welcome
    If you need particular things like you mentioned place a want ad on this board in the classified section. Many members may also have something for you in there "stash".

Moderator My location jordan is on a distinguished road jordan's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Opel GT Source --- Welcome (commonly referred to as "ogts") is your best bet in the US, there are other companys, but for the most part they are unreliable at best. Unfortunately in your case the majority of things listed they will not stock as there are no reproductions currently being made. You may find that many members here will have what you are looking for. If you post a wanted ad in the classified section you will likely get some hits on your request very quickly.
    1970 Opel GT 1.9
    1980 Moto Guzzi V50
    2000 Saab 9-3 2.0 turbo
    2000 KTM 200 exc STOLEN

1000 Post Club Site Supporter My location P.J. Romano will become famous soon enough P.J. Romano's Avatar
    Real Name
    P.J.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Gary; 01-04-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: fixed link

5,000 Post Club My location namba209 (R.I.P.) is on a distinguished road namba209 (R.I.P.)'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as your dash is concerned, you have 3 options. You can attempt to fix is yourself, others on the list have done just that, with good results. You can purchase a dash cap from OGTS, or the most expensive, but IMHO, the best outcome, is to send your dash to Just Dashes and in a couple of months you'll get an almost perfect "new" dash.
    Ron
    72 GT 3.4L V-6/T-5/ZF posi - almost done - Just need AC installed.
    75 Chevy monza 5.7L/TH350/Auburn 3.08 posi - Next

Opeler My location Stan Arza Stan Arza's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opels Unlimited

Has anyone done business with Todd lately? I've seen a 2Door Ascona for sale in his region of California for the past few years, and I was wondering if it was his, and if he's still doing business.

Sick with Opelitus My location broszzy is on a distinguished road broszzy's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got on this form last fall when I started to restore a 71 GT. I needed floor pans and frame sections, I called Tod and ordered them. Then read some bad things on here and got a little worried, after several unanswered calls, he did call back and it did take a little longer then I thought it would. But I got my parts and they are very good condition. Would I order again? You better belive I will, living up here in the rust belt I can't belive what those Cal. parts look like, a little surface rust is all after 37 years.

Broszzy

opeletti75 opeletti75 is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    mike poletti
    Downloads
    Uploads

gt parts

i get alot of good buys on e bay ive saved alot of money this way

opel gt mom Girly_with_style is on a distinguished road Girly_with_style's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

parts

its a real pain finding parts on ther if you dont knwo what your looking for though i just recently became an opel fan my self i now drive a 1973 opel gt black with yellow and red flames its pretty nice looking its got a few things wrong but i am working on getting it fixed rather fastly so yeah any one got any ideas on how to make the horse power better on one of them

'72 Opel GT (Sara) My location newman27 is on a distinguished road newman27's Avatar
    Real Name
    Matt
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girly_with_style View Post
    ...any one got any ideas on how to make the horse power better on one of them
    There is a whole performance forum section on that topic...
    '72 Opel GT (Fireglow Orange) "Sara"

Major Mods: Weber Carb, High Compression Pistons, Electronic Ignition, Custom CAI, Sprint Manifold,
    Enhanced Suspension (Anti-Sway Bars / Koni Reds / Sport Springs), "Big" Brake Package with 22mm Booster / MC, XM Radio

Restoration Thread
    Comments Thread

Other Cars:
    '09 Pontiac G8 GT (Panther Black) "Jet"
    '06 Pontiac Solstice (Envious Green) "Mina"
    '99 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS (Black Onyx) "Raven"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information