On My Way to eat Supper Tonite
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: On My Way to eat Supper Tonite

Downloads
    Uploads

On My Way to eat Supper Tonite

I decided to brave the chance of rain and drive about 60 miles to eat out tonight. The wife and I had planned to eat in historic downtown Hattiesburg with some friends. I was going to drive my new 350 Z and make sure my friends parked nearby for a few pictures. He and his wife are new members here on OGT.com. They have a 1973 GT. Before we could get out of town, what to my eyes appeared but a bright yellow 1970 GT. After he made another stop we managed to talk a little. Nice fellow. I told him about OGT.com. To make a long story short, everything went well and after some very good food at the Walnut Street Grill, we took our pictures and came back home. This site and Opels continue to add friends to our lives. This is what its all about. I'll have my Opel GT finished one day and hopefully life will continue this good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

Ricky,

I think I saw that car on 49 the last day of CTC. Did you find out where he lives? We need to start a Deep South group.

BTW, I saw Brett and he said that you had sent a package for me. Thanks!!!
    He has not been to camp lately but I'll catch up with him soon. The lady up here sold her cars
    LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO The GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING...
    "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"

1000 Post Club My location baronbors's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My wife and I love Hattiesburg. That is a really cool town. My Medieval reconstruction group holds an annual war just south of there (Gulf Wars- Texas and Oklahoma versus Florida and Georgia- with the rest of the United States joining in and picking a side) and we love going into Hattiesburg and having a great time. Wish it was in Texas.
    Last edited by tekenaar; 12-16-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: verses - parts of songs; versus - comparison, opposition, contrast

Texas Opel Preservation Society

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

On my way to eat supper tonite

Just very well could have been the car you saw. The guys name is Jeff B. and has owned it since 1998. It is a California car he had shipped when purchase. The guys got lots of parts. I know where he lives and actually ran into him at the new Harbor Freight store today after only meeting him yesterday. Strange coincidence. Maybe we do need a group get together one day. Maybe I'll be through with mine one day. Texas Tom, yes Hattiesburg is special to me also. That is my home town even though I have lived on the Mississippi Gulf Coast since grade school. You must be talking about Camp Shelby. My Grandparents had a home across from the old Mixons or now Roses on Highway 49. Here is my so called GT. I could not stand having anything to drive before finishing the one in progress. It'll stand you on your head.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1000 Post Club My location baronbors's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Slade View Post
    You must be talking about Camp Shelby. My Grandparents had a home across from the old Mixons or now Roses on Highway 49.
    Yup- last years attendance was over 5000 with over a thousand fighters on a side. The Mixon's build a stockade and castle for our group to assault and play in plus cleared off a huge field for us to have field battle on. Tons of fun

Texas Opel Preservation Society

Thread Information