This Forum is Sponsored by Discount Tire for Commercial Purposes
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By kwilford
  • 2 Post By ggl

Thread: This Forum is Sponsored by Discount Tire for Commercial Purposes

OpelGT.com Übermoderator My location kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads

This Forum is Sponsored by Discount Tire for Commercial Purposes

Apparently this Forum is sponsored by Discount Tire for commercial purposes. For member discussions on Classic Opel Wheels and Tires, visit:

3D - Wheels and Tires

HTH
    Last edited by kwilford; 03-20-2016 at 08:52 PM.
    Keith Wilford
    Working on the bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT, and may have another GT to build next...

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

siblings
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Then maybe Discount Tire should be paying attention to what wheels / tires we need, and get with their suppliers...
    Wouldn't hurt for them to get Toyo to run off another hundred Proxes T1R 245/35R16s, for example, like how Pirelli runs off another thousand Countach rear tires every year.
    Seems many of you want 205/60R13s, and Federal 595s are nearly gone.
    Wheel choices are seriously lacking, too.

siblings
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And if either you or the DiscountTire rep were active on other online automotive forums you'd know that them sponsoring this doesn't mean this is only threads that feature their products, stop being so Nazi-ish about it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

OpelGT.com Übermoderator My location kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenandKayla View Post
    And if either you or the DiscountTire rep were active on other online automotive forums you'd know that them sponsoring this doesn't mean this is only threads that feature their products, stop being so Nazi-ish about it.
    Um, excuse me? All the Moderators are volunteers here on OGT.com. I have NOTHING to do with Discount Tire. And we only Moderate this site because of our interest in old Opels. I know that you are new here, so you get some slack. Why are you dissing me? Nazi-ish??? Be very careful with those sorts of comments

There are two main rules here. Don't insult or disrespect members. And don't piss in the Moderators' corn flakes. Some of us have been at it for over a decade, and have owned Opels for 40 years or more. We're patient, but persistent.

We're just trying to keep this site as useful and friendly as it can be. That means some firm control over members comments. Some might (and have) called that Nazi-ish. Some of those folks have found other web sites to visit.

Please take a good read at

http://www.opelgt.com/forums/general...ease-read.html

Thank you in advance for your consideration
    Keith Wilford
    Working on the bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT, and may have another GT to build next...

Tennessean Site Supporter My location hrcollinsjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Harold Collins
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenandKayla View Post
    I don't see any problem with discussing other products but I'd have the courtesy to do it in another section of this forum.

Harold

ggl
    Real Name
    Goy Larsen
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Three posts in and we're already invoking Goodwin's law, that's surprisingly early

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
    Timbo and Frozen Tundra GT like this.
    "I hate RallyBob"

No....its not a Buick.... My location yellaopelgt's Avatar
    Real Name
    Joe
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea.... it seems he's got big brass ones. Confronting moderators and long term members in just a few days. NO SOUP FOR YOU!
    What ...we got here...is........failure......................... to communicate....
    Some men,you just cant reach...so you get what we had here last week...which is the way he wants it.
    Well, he gets it...I dont like it, any more than you men...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilford View Post
    Apparently this Forum is sponsored by Discount Tire for commercial purposes. For member discussions on Classic Opel Wheels and Tires, visit:

3D - Wheels and Tires

HTH
    I don't get the point. Am I supposed to see Discount Tire advertisement here? Because I don't. Help out the (slower thinking) Europeans here, please!

Real Name
    Derrick
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure that I'm following here. I have bought most if not all of the tires on my vehicles from discount tire and my family has been doing so for over 15yrs. I understand that by sponsoring the site they help pay some of the overhead of keeping this huge opel family together, but does the commercial have anything special in regards to us members? I know that even though they sponsor the site the moderators and admins don't have any special power to determine the stock that they keep. My question is, does this allow us special pricing or being listed as a "preferred customer", or does this simply mean that they're contributing to the site with no perks to the members besides helping continue a stable website? Other forums that I belong to for my other passions give coupon codes or special pricing to members to encourage business. Albeit that's through a special vendor section.

As for the confrontational comment, it's not the admins or moderation staff that choose what is available where. That would be something to contact your local tire shop about. We're a family here, relax, the more experienced opelers are what's helping us (newbies) keep going with rebuilding sand keeping these cars going. They're a wealth of information, and that's what we need here.

Thread Information