Opel GT in Movie - Page 5
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Opel GT in Movie

Real Name
    Dave Gordon
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was watching the movie "Stripes" the other day, starring Bill Murray. Made in 1981. I think there was either a red or orange Opel GT in a parking lot as the camera panned. It is at the part where Bill Murray, John Candy, and Harold Ramos are waiting to board a bus to boot camp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

'72 Opel GT (Sara) My location newman27's Avatar
    Real Name
    Matt
    Downloads
    Uploads

GI Joe...

I watched the GI Joe movie last night. The good guys drive around in a white Opel van throughout the movie. Not an exciting Opel vehicle but it was cool seeing the Opel logo pop up a lot. As for the movie, it was OK - just a lot of explosions strung together with a loose storyline.
    '72 Opel GT (Fireglow Orange) "Sara"

Major Mods: Weber Carb, High Compression Pistons, Electronic Ignition, Custom CAI, Sprint Manifold,
    Enhanced Suspension (Anti-Sway Bars / Koni Reds / Sport Springs), "Big" Brake Package with 22mm Booster / MC, 15x8" Wheels and Toyo RA-1 Tires, XM Radio

Restoration Thread
    Comments Thread

Other Cars:
    '09 Pontiac G8 GT (Panther Black) "Jet"
    '06 Pontiac Solstice (Envious Green) "Mina"
    '99 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS (Black Onyx) "Raven"

Southern Red Neck My location BQS4's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was watching the John Wayne movie "Brannigan" the other day, where he's a Chicago cop sent to England to return a criminal. Well, I need our European members to tell me whether or not two of the main cars used in the film if they were Opel/Vauxhall, or Fords (European)
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hm opels can be seen for example in a few knight rider or macguyver movies.

an opel kadett estate can be seen in beverly hills cop I. oh and a manta is used by the doctor in the movie "promises in the dark". over the film it can be seen for about 6 minutes total runtime with some nice driving scenes.

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm hoping this is the correct thread, but, I recently acquired the Clint Eastwood "Every which way but loose" movie and was surprised to find 5, yes 5 Opels in the movie. The first is in the first fight he has, there's a gray/silver Kadett in the scene just as the fight ends, it's on the right side of the screen. The next is when Geoffrey Lewis takes Ruth Gordon for her driver's license and they park right next to a red Manta. The next is an overhead shot at a stoplight where Eastwood's truck is in the middle lane and there's a dark colored Manta in the left lane. The next is where they're a little western town, with a town square, and on the left side of the screen you cam see a Rally Gold Ascona 2 dr sedan parked in front of a store, the last is a white or light blue Manta at a gas station where Sondra Locke has filled up her International Travelall, it's in the background on the left side of the screen.
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 02-17-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Your Noble Friend ;-) My location G.v.Mainberg's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unbelievable - the last post is 6 month old, and I just came acroos the same Opels as Gene. Besides, at the first drivers license test, there is an Isuzu Opel visible for a fraction of a second. In the first fight scene, monkey Clyde is actually standing on the hood of the Kadett. See some pics.

Dieter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads

Get Smart Movie

Bernie Kopell gets rear ended in a Opel GT in the movie remake of Get Smart. It was sad to see the car get plastered like that.
    Last edited by BQS4; 09-11-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just found another movie with an Opel in it. Walter Mattheau in "Hopscotch" Towards the begining, he's driving a Opel crossing over the border of one country into another. He's singing "The Barber of Seville" I don't know what model of Opel it is, maybe a european member can tell.

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was just watching "The Enforcer" Clint Eastwood as Harry Calihan. Scene is where he gets Tyne Daley as a partner and after seeing the LAWS rocket demo'ed they go to the Hospital/morge and as they're parking their car, there's a yellow 71-73 Manta Rallye that drives by the end of the row in the back ground.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BQS4 View Post
    Just found another movie with an Opel in it. Walter Mattheau in "Hopscotch" Towards the begining, he's driving a Opel crossing over the border of one country into another. He's singing "The Barber of Seville" I don't know what model of Opel it is, maybe a european member can tell.
    That's actually a Ford Taunus, like in the link below, same model but in beige.

IMCDb.org: 1976 Ford Taunus L [TC2] in "Hopscotch, 1980"

'72 Opel GT (Sara) My location newman27's Avatar
    Real Name
    Matt
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperCan View Post
    You will see a GT on the Rockford Files; as Garner is walking out of a store, a GT is parked in full view in front...
    The May, 2012 issue of Car and Driver has an interview with James Garner in it (lead role in the Rockford Files TV show) which got me thinking about how much I enjoyed that show as a kid. I fired up Netflix and watched Season 1, Episode 1. Four minutes in you see a Fireglow GT parked on the street and the camera does a full length pan from end to end. Someone on the Rockford Files must have loved the GT . Rockford's gold Pontiac Firebird is pretty cool too.
    hrcollinsjr likes this.
    '72 Opel GT (Fireglow Orange) "Sara"

Major Mods: Weber Carb, High Compression Pistons, Electronic Ignition, Custom CAI, Sprint Manifold,
    Enhanced Suspension (Anti-Sway Bars / Koni Reds / Sport Springs), "Big" Brake Package with 22mm Booster / MC, 15x8" Wheels and Toyo RA-1 Tires, XM Radio

Restoration Thread
    Comments Thread

Other Cars:
    '09 Pontiac G8 GT (Panther Black) "Jet"
    '06 Pontiac Solstice (Envious Green) "Mina"
    '99 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS (Black Onyx) "Raven"

Opeler My location Bill Hoffmann's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice sighting. I had to watch the whole episode. It reminded me of my misspent youth watching Rockford Files reruns after school.

Bill

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the Netflix impaired...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PROPEL; 03-29-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Btw, I remember parking my Opel in a Malibu lot shown in this panning shot.

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    i can't remember the exact film but in one of charlten hesten's films. i think its the one when he lives in an upper flat after a nuc war he steals a car from a show room and theres a gold or orange gt next to the one he steals
    just did a quick search on google itsTHE OMEGA MAN
    Yep, that is a classic GT movie scene. Heston goes into the abandoned dealership (almost everyone is long dead b/c of the plague) to "steal" a different car when his breaks down (IIRC). In the showroom there is a GT off to the side of him (can't make out the color b/c it is covered in THICK dust, IIRC). He passes it up in favor of a Mustang convertible, pours gas in the tank from a can and drives the Mustang through the dealership window and out into the street. (the fact that it is a convertible is crucial to a later scene, in that he has to blow away several "mutants" with his automatic rifle while stopped in his car -- if the GT were an aero, think how it might have been chosen instead!)
    Last edited by Attydallas; 03-29-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Real Name
    Cal
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Theres one in the goonies sitting in a parking lot durning the jeep chase, I think.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?ma...odel=on&page=1
    Last edited by 1973opel; 03-29-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Tennessean Site Supporter My location hrcollinsjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Harold Collins
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hoffmann View Post
    Nice sighting. I had to watch the whole episode. It reminded me of my misspent youth watching Rockford Files reruns after school.

Bill
    Had cable in college. Used to drive my roommates nuts because I had soooo many channels I could watch Rockford Files on, some at the same time. I'd swap channels if there was one I didn't remember.

How many seasons were there? I only have seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. I have very few DVD's but I do have Rockford Files. James Garner did his own stunt driving.

Harold

Opeler My location Bill Hoffmann's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hrcollinsjr View Post

How many seasons were there? I only have seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. I have very few DVD's but I do have Rockford Files. James Garner did his own stunt driving.
    Netflix shows six seasons. That could lower my productivity...

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there is a red opel GT with a racing stripe in a Money Python skit!
    u can see it at like 1:10 ish

Tennessean Site Supporter My location hrcollinsjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Harold Collins
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hoffmann View Post
    Netflix shows six seasons. That could lower my productivity...
    Starting my Christmas wish list early. My uncle always said I reminded him of 'Angel' for some reason.

Harold

Just Some Dude in Jersey My location The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads

1975 Opel GT2 prototype

Quote Originally Posted by 1973opel View Post
    Theres one in the goonies sitting in a parking lot durning the jeep chase, I think.

IMCDb.org: Opel GT in movies and TV series
    What a great link! It's nice to be able to see all those GT appearances all in one quick glance.

I noticed the 1975 Opel GT2 amongst the pictures. I'd never heard of that one. A search on our site only got me to a pic posted by RallyBob:

http://www.opelgt.com/forums/attachm...6&d=1295626508

That's a mighty ugly car. It looks like a speed bump on wheels. No wonder I never heard of it. Did that thing ever get to the stage where it was displayed at a car show?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information