Opel GT in Movie
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Opel GT in Movie

Opel Key Master My location opelspyder's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opel GT in Movie

Its funny that I actually spotted it, but in the comedy movie Mystery Men, wich stars Ben Stiller, Jeanna Garafalow... they are sitting at night in a salvage yard getting a pep talk. Jeanna is sitting inside a red 71-73 Opel GT with no door. There isn't really a good shot of the complete car, but you can see the seat, door opening, quarter pop out windows with rivits, rear fender and a missing side marker light. Quick glance of hood and part of front bumper also. It is hard to make it all out, until you watch it over and over. Also old movies like the original "Gone in 60 seconds" he drives through a Buick Dealer with some GTs and also the beginning of Stripes, when Bill Murray goes to the base, there is an orange GT parked in the lot. Thought you all might like to know.
    Keith
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 03-24-2010 at 10:44 PM.
    GeorgeOpel likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opel in movie

Wasn't there an Opel GT at the beginning of "GET SMART" the tv series? I think it was gold in color.
    The Opel G.T. was designed by a mad genius.

Member My location West Coast GT's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

GTs in movies

I'm impressed OpelSpyder spotted the GT in the dealership in the original Gone in 60 Seconds. I thought maybe I was the only one who's ever bought the movie. (I collect car movies)

Also; Gumball Rally, towards the end when the two girls in the Porsche are driving on the streets in the LA area. They're being real careful because two motorcycle cops are eyeing them. There's an Opel GT in the bacground for just a second.

And yes, Maxwell Smart drove three cars in the TV series, a Karmin Ghia, Opel GT, and a Sunbeam Tiger.

Any others out there?
    Last edited by hrcollinsjr; 03-24-2010 at 10:46 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Pending Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

gt in movies

I could be wrong since I was falling asleep at the time. But I think there is a GT sitting in the parking lot out side the bar in the movie Urban Cowboy. It appears in one of the scenes towards the end of the movie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yah that green gt thats parked in the used car lot int he origanal gone in sixty seconds i didnt believe it was there till i rewond the tape several times and played it back in slo-mo.

Southern Red Neck My location BQS4's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's also a GT that appears in a Christmas Classic, "The Gathering" Has a host of soon-to-be big stars, Ed Asner, Jean Stapleton, Stephanie Zymbalist, Veronica Hammel, etc. But, in the opening credits, it's showing what is a typical New England town at Christmas, circa late 70's, and just as the last credit gones on the screen, the scene is of a main street, and look at the bottom right corner of your screen, a snow covered GT just rolls into the picture.
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Driver Site Supporter My location opelenvy's Avatar
    Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did see that in Mystery Men! I said something to my wife that it looked like a GT.
    Here is a quote from Otto from the classic Opels Yahoo site.
    "Don't know why no-one has ever mentioned either of the two all-time classic race movie epics for Opel spotting . . . Grand Prix (James Garner, 1966) and Le Mans (Steve McQueen, 1971).

Le Mans, during the beginning credits where they show the camp grounds on the morning of the race, there is a red Kadett with license number W CL 347 next to the owner who rolls over in his sleeping bag. There are numerous others in the parade of cars shown filing into the parking lots on race morning, but this is the first one and there's only the Opel and the "sleepyhead" in the scene.

Have to watch Grand Prix again (only on tape right now) for specific Opels, but will let all know later . . .
    "

Born to Drive
    73 GT
    Sport suspension, lowered 2", polyurethane bushings, Koni Reds, adjustable pan hard rod, 215/40/16 on 16x7.5" front and 245/35/16 on 16x9" rear ESM wheels, Ported intake, custom cold air intake, sprint exhaust manifold, 2" free flow exhaust, 4-core radiator, Getrag 5-speed, Momo steering wheel, Saks heavy duty clutch, Euro style driving lights, tinted windows, seats from Acura Integra, 3 point retractable seat belts from a '75 Manta, flush mount aircraft style gas cap

baz
    boomerang opeler My location baz's Avatar
    Real Name
    barry williams
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i can't remember the exact film but in one of charlten hesten's films. i think its the one when he lives in an upper flat after a nuc war he steals a car from a show room and theres a gold or orange gt next to the one he steals
    just did a quick search on google itsTHE OMEGA MAN
    Last edited by baz; 11-03-2003 at 11:24 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was watching a preview for a slightly older movie and I saw the preview of Vanilla Sky and at the first glance I thought I saw the nicest opel gt I had ever seen, after rewinding I saw it was a classic Ferrari, but the resemblance is still impressive (for a Ferrari at least)

Malcolm,

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found the car it was a Ferrari GTO. Very nice automobile!

Downloads
    Uploads
    007 James Bond ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE (1969)

I don't have the movie so I can't be sure, but I think at the beginning of the movie Bond maybe driving a GT to a beach. I've been tring to catch the movie on TV and record it to check.
    Proud new Daddy of twin yellow opel GT's

Downloads
    Uploads
    One stopped at a traffic light in the opening sequence of the "Chicago" Bob Newhart show.
    Speaking of the Get Smart series. One of the episodes in that season had Maxwell taking 99 to the hospital in the GT to deliver the twins! Can you imagine that in real life?
    BD
    BD

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen the GT in Urban Cowboy also.
    has any1 seen a GT on an episode of CHiPs? I swear I have before.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might be thinking of the orange or red GT in a movie called, "The Great American Traffic Jam". Definite CHiPs era movie.

Also, the green GT that drives through the crowd in the Woodstock movie.

And the little red Kadett (the 'other' Prince song? I can hear it now.........) wagon in "The Sugarland Express".

I've seen some 'making of' stills from a book about the filming of "Star Wars" where there is a Manta (Luxus, I think) in the background while they are shooting the Deathstar trench attack.
    "No, it's not fiberglass."
    "No, the motor is not in the back."
    "No, your friend in high school did not 'peg' his speedometer."

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

OPEL GT IN MOVIE?

MARCUS ,THE CAR IN "ON HER MAJESTIES SECRET SERVICE " IS AN ASTON MARTIN "DBS" IT WAS A NEW BODY STYLE FOR 1969, SO WITH A NEW JAMES BOND (GEORGE LAZENBY) A NEW CAR !

Real Name
    Paul Heebink
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is an orange speedster racing away from a viper in the Pamela Anderson show VIP. I have a tape and will try to upload
    Paul "azopelnut" Heebink
    1956 Studebaker Power Hawk 259 V8
    1970 GT 12A-Rotary 5-speed
    1972 GT 2.0, 5-speed
    1973 GT #1, 1.9 4-speed
    1973 GT #2, 1.9 4-speed
    1973 Ascona 4-door 2.2 5-speed A/C
    1974 Manta, 1.9 Auto A/C
    1975 Sportwagon 1.9 FI 4-speed A/C
    1975 Fiat X19

Real Name
    Allan Wheeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know the car john candy was driving at the end of the movie "The Typewriter"?. seems like a little red sports car
    73 Gt (RIP), 4 speed, 2.0L, 290H cam, weber, S-10 clutch w/ matched flywheel, sprint to a 2" pipe, Aluminum finned oil pan. SOLD!
    70 Kadett Wagon 14k, 1.9L, Auto, weber

baz
    boomerang opeler My location baz's Avatar
    Real Name
    barry williams
    Downloads
    Uploads
    are you sure of the film ? the only film i can find called the typewriter is a 2004 film and JC died in 1994
    and JC is not credited with any film near that name
    Copyright © 2003-2012 barry williams
    All Rights Reserved

B.O.O.B. founding member

Real Name
    Allan Wheeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    baz then im not sure. I remember it was a movie where his typwriter was magical and everything he typed for his stories came to life. I thought it was called the typewriter.....checked a site of his movies. Maybe its Delirious. any one know that for sure?
    73 Gt (RIP), 4 speed, 2.0L, 290H cam, weber, S-10 clutch w/ matched flywheel, sprint to a 2" pipe, Aluminum finned oil pan. SOLD!
    70 Kadett Wagon 14k, 1.9L, Auto, weber

BDD
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mystery Men

I've seen the red GT in "Mystery Men". They also have a Messerschmitt (the fighter plane designer and builder) and maybe a BMW Isetta. I like the one they call a "Herkimer Battle Jittney". I posted about this elsewhere at this site a year or so ago. Some nice oddball cars...and a GT.
    Last edited by BDD; 07-04-2005 at 04:59 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information