1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  pherrley 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 · (Edited)
Here they are. Round 1:

Note the initials and date in pic 6.

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
Round 2:

When asked about the "T-Tops", Herr Schnell said he showed them to his boss and was told "You will not do that!" Then the '68 Corvette came out with T-tops.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
Round 3:

Pics 6, 7 and 8 were drawn in 1963

Attachments

#5 ·
Round 4:

Attachments

#6 ·
Round 5:

Attachments

#7 ·
Last set:

Attachments

#8 ·
Great photos

thanks alot Gary,

those photos are a great insight. I thank you for sharing :)

I to had a great visit with Mr GT, an these reminded me of that visit again

#11 ·
if you have a mouse, just right click on the picture of your choice and then "Save As" to where ever you save your jpegs.

#14 ·
Although the pictures are interesting, I was fascinated with some of the details provided in the story about Herr Schnell's early life. He was born in 1927. Near the end of WWII, he was drafted by the German military. Apparently he was captured, because he was 17 when he was released from a British POW camp! Then he needed to look for a career. Since he had enjoyed drawing when he was a child, he decided to look for something in the field of art. In 1947 he entered the industrial arts school in Offenbach. In 1952 he got an offer from Opel, and the rest, as they say, is history. If I have mistranslated any of this, would one of the native German speakers please point out my errors. Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.