Opel GT Forum banner

duel solex 35-PDSI with rich idle mixture

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  73Manta72gt 
#1 ·
Has anyone played around with the jetting on the 1.1L GT? Mine runs too rich at idle. What are my options to lean the mixture? Jets available anywhere for solex carbs? Also, the O.E.C.S system has been plugged off due to lack of an available replacement diaphram...suggestions?

Thanks

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hiding to Nothing ...

Check if the carbs you have are original O.E.C.S ones or have been replaced with earlier Kadett ones.
The O.E.C.S ones are not adjustable and run lean at idle - unless extra fuel leaks in through the solenoid ghizzmo between them.
Make sure it is blocked off and not continuously dribbling fuel because of the ruptured diaphragm.
I have the earlier, adjustable Kadett carbs ... after several months of fiddling and rebuilding have them still not working as well as before I started. ... bought a spare set of carbs to get jets out of so I could carefully drill them over-size with Holley jet reaming drills. May have to make some new jets - or solder them up and start again.

MY 'fix' is to replace them with a SSD 40mm DCOM Weber!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.