Opel GT Forum banner

2017 Opel Nationals Music City Meet Nashville, TN

15K views 122 replies 29 participants last post by  hrcollinsjr 
#1 ·
The 2017 Opel National Meet will be held in Nashville, TN August 11-12th 2017. This will be held at
Lane Motor Museum as the main venue, but group activities will be planned to see the sights of Nashville.

Lane Motor Museum
702 Murfreesboro Pike
Nashville, TN, 37210

Updates will be posted as well as hotel information.

#42 ·
There is a registration that will be held at the show. I will have a manned Registration tent. The basic registration is $20.00 per person/car. The reason I say per person is even if you do not have a car, you can still register and get your goodies and get the admission to the museum at a discounted rate.

#45 ·
FINAL DAY FOR BOOKING ROOMS JULY 20th

Please do not be naïve about getting a room after they release these...our group rate is $115.00. Standard rates to our rooms are $179.00 a night and they will go up closer to the date of the show. I once thought I could get a room in Nashville when I was there for a family trip and didn't try to get a hotel until that night. Regardless I ended up driving back home, as I was pretty much there when I still found rooms were sold out 20 miles out.

#49 ·
La Quinta has the nicest reservation lady at their group reservations desk! So, call and talk to Ruby and get your reservation made for Nationals! I just completed ours. We are planning to drive down on Thursday so we can be there on both Friday and Saturday. Then we will drive home on Sunday... maybe stop by Keith's depending upon his plans.

We don't know if we are bringing an old Opel or just driving the Solstice. We will see what happens between now and then. Maybe the Lane Museum would like to buy a very nice 11,000 mile Kadett :yup:

We are looking forward to see all of you.

Vickie & Allen

#51 ·
NOTE: A little urgency here

We are quickly approaching the deadline for when the rooms will be released to the public. That is the 20th. So roughly 6 Days. I know a lot of people are just driving in, and that is fine too, just want to give proper notice if you are planning to get a room, you have a short window left

Also the same goes for the Shirt deadline. I have bought a few extra for sale to those that just had no way of getting info for the shirt order, but its not that many. Not making anything on the shirts, just providing them as available. You will pay online for those and will ship to me to disperse at the show. I have a full list of who bought shirts and what sizes so it won't get mixed up.

#52 ·
We are quickly approaching the deadline for when the rooms will be released to the public. That is the 20th. So roughly 6 Days. I know a lot of people are just driving in, and that is fine too, just want to give proper notice if you are planning to get a room, you have a short window left.
I'm still on the fence about coming. It looks like 900-1000 mi. each way from where I am now (in NY) and that I should probably arrive on Thurs. to be able to enjoy the Fri. events. Do you know if I can still get the discount hotel rate for Thurs. night? I'm definitely interested in seeing your shop too.

#56 ·
I just made our reservations for Thursday - Sat nites @ the La Quinta and also bought a T shirt. Gerri and I may fly in instead of driving the 900+ miles.
After having car trouble w/ my Toyota at Carlisle, Gerri is not a fan of long distance drives.

I don't know what to do about getting my Bike rides in if I fly. I'm trying not to screw up my training too much. So Keith or Harold, if you have any type of bike ( road or mountain) and have room to take it to the show I will bring my pedals and shoes.
Thanks, Craig

#60 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just got word that we have scheduled for Friday at 2:00 the Nissan Heritage Collection. This isn't a tour you can take even as a special group. Harold knows the person that is the caretaker of that collection and has got us this special tour. So if you are coming Friday, you will have a unique experience to see this collection.

#64 ·
I made my reservation as well. I hope that the BMW X3 "Start-of-Production" which is currently the big thing for BMW doesn't interfere with my plans. I will be there late on Friday and go back home on Sunday.

Dieter

Reactions: Ooooner
#66 ·
I hope that the BMW X3 "Start-of-Production" which is currently the big thing for BMW doesn't interfere with my plans. Dieter
Communication is a wonderful thing. I'm sure if you'll let them know what's going on they would postpone whatever they had in mind for that weekend.

Harold

P.S. A Nissan employee is taking off part of his day for our tour of their Heritage Collection. :yup:

#67 ·
Here is a schedule of events as it is laid out now. Friday night dinner is to be determined as well as lunch. I'm trying to get a sponsor for Friday lunch, but we will see. Not too many Opel places...lol

Friday

Meet at Lane Motor Museum at 10:00 or later.
Registration: $20 per person, even if you do not bring a car, you will want to register as it will include admission to the museum and a goody bag with dash plaque and swag.
$10 Additional person will be if you just wish to get admission passes.
$3.00 if you wish to take the Lane Motor Museum Basement tour on Saturday 1:00
You will pick up your T-Shirt order if you placed one. Only a few extras will be available for sale.

Meet & Greet: 10:00-12:00
Friday is a bit open, may be the best chance to spend some time in the Museum

11:30-1:30: Lunch (Still working out what we will do, maybe catered from local BBQ)

2:00 Nissan Heritage Collection tour, free of charge to Opel Group, Private tour

5:00 Museum closes, (Time for Hotel check in, refresh, then meet for dinner=to be determined)

8:00 Hotel Complimentary Room Open for Bench Racing, Spirits, Snacks

Saturday:

10:00 Show Starts at Lane Motor Museum

10-1:00 Meet & Greet

11-2:00 Lunch provided by food truck "The Love Bus"

1:00 Lane Motor Museum Basement Tour, private Opel group only tour. $3.00 per person, limit of 40

3:00 Awards/Auction

5:00 Museum closes, drive to the Parthenon for pictures, then to dinner at The Gerst Haus German and American Restaurant (Really nice all around menu)

8:00 Hotel complimentary room Open... Bench Racing, Spirits and Snacks.

Sunday

Farewell day, open to spend time seeing the Nashville sights. Our hotel is close to the Opry attractions, American Pickers have a store in the old Marathon Motors building, or you could go back to tour the museum if you just didn't get the chance.

12:00 New Vintage Auto shop 80 miles East will open up for tour. Anyone and everyone is welcome to see our projects and hang out. 134 Carr Ave Cookeville, TN 38501

#83 · (Edited)
Here is a schedule of events as it is laid out now.

Friday

Meet at Lane Motor Museum at 10:00 or later.
Registration: $20 per person, even if you do not bring a car, you will want to register as it will include admission to the museum and a goody bag with dash plaque and swag.
$10 Additional person will be if you just wish to get admission passes.
$3.00 if you wish to take the Lane Motor Museum Basement tour on Saturday 1:00
You will pick up your T-Shirt order if you placed one. Only a few extras will be available for sale.

Meet & Greet: 10:00-12:00
Time for members to arrive, registration tent open. may be the best chance to spend some time in the Museum

11:30-1:30: Lunch (Dandeez Famous Hotdogs Cart-lunch provided for all who register by New Vintage
Automotive)

2:00 Nissan Heritage Collection tour, free of charge to Opel Group, Private tour

5:00 Museum closes, (Time for Hotel check in).

6:30 Dinner at the Bavarian Beirhaus

8:00 Hotel Complimentary Room Open for Bench Racing, Spirits, Snacks

Saturday:

10:00 Show Starts at Lane Motor Museum

10-1:00 Meet & Greet

11-2:00 Lunch provided by food truck "The Love Bus"

1:00 Lane Motor Museum Basement Tour, private Opel group only tour. $3.00 per person, limit of 40

3:00 Awards/Auction

5:00 Museum closes, drive to the Parthenon for pictures, then to dinner at The Gerst Haus German and American Restaurant (Really nice all around menu)

8:00 Hotel complimentary room Open... Bench Racing, Spirits and Snacks.

Sunday

Farewell day, open to spend time seeing the Nashville sights. Our hotel is close to the Opry attractions, American Pickers have a store in the old Marathon Motors building, or you could go back to tour the museum if you just didn't get the chance.

12:00 New Vintage Auto shop 80 miles East will open up for tour. Anyone and everyone is welcome to see our projects and hang out. 134 Carr Ave Cookeville, TN 38501
Here is an updated show schedule.
Sponsors include:
Opel GT Source
Alt Opel Club
New Vintage Automotive
O'Reilly Auto Parts
Rock Auto Parts
Summit Racing
SteveGT (Signage for the show)
Charles Goins (Artwork, car display signs)

#68 ·
Last day for hotel rates

Today is the last day to get the club rates on the rooms before they release the remaining rooms in our block. If you are even on the fence about coming, you can cancel your room 2 days prior I am sure, so it would be a good idea to secure a room

#69 ·
Booked the room Thursday-Saturday but I am still not sure that I will go. Despite having A/C in my GT, my wife smartly declined the offer for 2000 miles round trip. Driving alone is not fun. There are some plans for possibly caravaning with few others down I75 South. I will make the decision next week.

#70 · (Edited by Moderator)
We had an early morning meeting at Lane Motor Museum to hammer out more details. We decided that a spot in front would hold enough cars and be better access to the museum and the food truck setup. Originally we were going to be out back, and there would have to be a lot of walking to get in to the museum each time, and wasn't very convenient to restrooms and such. If folks coming with trailers that are not parking them at the hotel, will park those out back. This is going to be a great setup, and I expect a lot of foot traffic as well from people coming to the museum and driving by. Shirts have been ordered, rooms are still open for an extra day, just in case, the manager said she would extend it a day in case late comers forget.

They were also casually driving the Dymaxion and I saw a few odd cars driving in today

Attachments

#71 ·
I would love to be there for this, but it's literally days after I return from towing my AMX to the AMC national reunion in Kenosha, WI, an event that happens only once every three years. If there were someone here to stay with my 95 year old Dad, I might do it anyway! I love Nashville, love the Lane Museum and love Opels, so it's tough to pass this one up.

Have fun at the meet, and enjoy the museum too! It's a real treat for those of us who love oddball cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.