Spring Thing
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Spring Thing

Real Name
    Wes Thomas
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spring Thing

Hey Texas Opelers!
    Anybody thinking about a spring meet? Coastal, Central (Austin, San Antonio)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Driver Site Supporter My location opelenvy's Avatar
    Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads

Texas Opel Spring meet 08

Well, I guess it is more of a Summer meet. Short notice, casual gathering in Walburg, TX. http://www.walburgrestaurant.com/
    June 28th. There are Hotels available in Georgetown about 9 miles away.
    hotels loc: Georgetown, TX - Google Maps
    I don't plan on making reservations at the restaurant as there is not going to be a large crowd, but I will call them and make arrangements for parking the Opels and such.
    The biergarten is very nice with shade under the big oak trees and oom-pa-pah music playing with good German food and drinks.
    Please post and let me know if you are planning on coming and when.
    Look forward to seeing y'all!
    Last edited by tekenaar; 06-02-2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Wass heist dieses "ump-da"! ;-b

Born to Drive
    73 GT
    Sport suspension, lowered 2", polyurethane bushings, Koni Reds, adjustable pan hard rod, 215/40/16 on 16x7.5" front and 245/35/16 on 16x9" rear ESM wheels, Ported intake, custom cold air intake, sprint exhaust manifold, 2" free flow exhaust, 4-core radiator, Getrag 5-speed, Momo steering wheel, Saks heavy duty clutch, Euro style driving lights, tinted windows, seats from Acura Integra, 3 point retractable seat belts from a '75 Manta, flush mount aircraft style gas cap

Downloads
    Uploads

I will be there.

thanks for the update George. I will be there on the 28th. Is there a time of day we expect to get together? My opel gt will be there too as it only needs a little work before any long trips, like the transmission leaks a little and the starter has a dead spot. Tom

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    thanks for the update George. I will be there on the 28th. Is there a time of day we expect to get together? My opel gt will be there too as it only needs a little work before any long trips, like the transmission leaks a little and the starter has a dead spot. Tom
    I'm still working out the final details. They open at 12:00, but I am going to see if we can show up any earlier.
    Stay tuned...

Born to Drive
    73 GT
    Sport suspension, lowered 2", polyurethane bushings, Koni Reds, adjustable pan hard rod, 215/40/16 on 16x7.5" front and 245/35/16 on 16x9" rear ESM wheels, Ported intake, custom cold air intake, sprint exhaust manifold, 2" free flow exhaust, 4-core radiator, Getrag 5-speed, Momo steering wheel, Saks heavy duty clutch, Euro style driving lights, tinted windows, seats from Acura Integra, 3 point retractable seat belts from a '75 Manta, flush mount aircraft style gas cap

Real Name
    Wes Thomas
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone looked at hotels? The Comfort Suites look nice, and it's right on the I-35 feeder. I haven't looked at prices yet. George, you're lucky! You can just drive home. One of the advantages of hosting...

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is cheaper, but the hotels are 9 miles away, my house is 29 miles. More "Opel" time!!

Born to Drive
    73 GT

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry... No Go

George,
    Looks like I won't be able to make it... Wife is due on the 19th. 1 week is too soon to leave the home...

Would have been a perfect trip for my GT, I will have to wait for a Fall meet.

have fun...

Laredo, Texas

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDaTank View Post
    George,
    Looks like I won't be able to make it... Wife is due on the 19th. 1 week is too soon to leave the home...

Would have been a perfect trip for my GT, I will have to wait for a Fall meet.

have fun...
    Congrats man! Awesome. Do you know if it is a boy or a girl? One of each?
    We will hoist a beer in the air in honor of your addition.
    Keep me updated on how it all turns out and send me a picture.

Born to Drive
    73 GT

Downloads
    Uploads

hotels

If your thinking about comfort suites in Round Rock, they are right by the train tracks, not a good idea!!!

Real Name
    Wes Thomas
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the one in Georgetown is closer and newer

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I talked to the folks at the restaurant today. They do not open until 12:00, but I plan to show up at 10ish I guess to meet the first folks. I know when I am driving a couple hours I like to knock it out early while it is still relatively cool.
    They said it was no problem for us to get there before they even open.

Born to Drive
    73 GT

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What hotel are you guys using? Marty wanted to know so he can book the same one.

Born to Drive
    73 GT

Real Name
    Wes Thomas
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still considering the Comfort Suites on I-35 northbound feeder. I haven't booked, so I'm flexible. Let's get a consensus.
    Wes

Thread Information