Opel GT Forum banner

Ebay Clutch Kit

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  tealcarver 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Since I just did my donut and clutch, I thought about it. I decided to get the OGTS clutch kit because of three reasons
#1. All of OGTS parts are new - no refurbished parts- and are guaranteed to be correct. I don't know that on the ebay parts.
#2. Although the price is different ($189 vs $249 OGTS) I knew there wouldn't be any surprises when I did the install.
#3. $60 was not enough difference to justify NOT getting the parts from OGTS. They (OGTS) have been very helpful over the last 6 years to me in keeping my GT on the road and I felt I owed them my loyalty and thanks for stocking and suppling parts for me. I know OGTS- I don't know the ebay people.

On a teachers salary in Texas ( 45th lowest paid in the USA), I don't have alot of money to throw around but Gil and Dennis have always been there when I needed them- where were the ebay people? JMTCW :cool:

#5 ·
#8 · (Edited)
USAOpel

I have bought parts from both the Guys at OGTS and also OpelJim (Jim Marchitto) at USAOpel. Both are based in California and have given excellent service - posting items all the way across the Pacific Ocean to me.
Note that OpelJim even mentions how good his opposition is - no bad mouthing there - that says something very good about BOTH businesses too.
I heartily recommend both businesses.

THe "LUK" brand clutches are a high quality German Brand.

#9 ·
thank you

I have bought parts from both the Guys at OGTS and also OpelJim (Jim Marchitto) at USAOpel. Both are based in California and have given excellent service - posting items all the way across the Pacific Ocean to me.
Note that OpelJim even mentions how good his opposition is - no bad mouthing there - that says something very good about BOTH businesses too.
I heartily recommend both businesses.

THe "LUK" brand clutches are a high quality German Brand.
We have the same goals: preserving the cars, giving service to the Opel community, quality parts and great customer service.

It has been very hard to compete with OGTS as they have been so good for 27-28 years now, we are like AVIS they are like HERTZ. :yup:
We do appreciate everyones support, kind considerations and words of testimony and endorsement.

#10 ·
I just feel that I should add few words from my side.
I bought a lot of parts from OGTS and I have to say that both Dennis and Gill were always cooperative and friendly.
Also, I have recently bought some rims from Opel USA. Didn't like one of the rims and Jim has sent me another rim free of charge.
I guess we are really lucky to have OGTS and Opel USA to share and support our Opel dreams. Thank you.

#11 ·
One thing about Gil and OGTS is if the part they send is defective in any way, they send another part without any crap. I had a permanent magnet starter and the senoloid stopped working. I called Gil and he sent another one with a better solenoid. I feel that I should support the people that are fair. I have never had a bad experience that didn't get fixed. probably only about 2 times there was a problem,with something that did not get resolved to my satisfaction and believe me I did a lot of business with Gil.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.