Opel GT Forum banner

Engine Work -- Carb

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kwilford 
#1 ·
Well after a recent fight with my girlfriend of 16 months, I have some extra time in my life now. Decieded to put at least a couple hours in on my car today, and my gramps came over to help. Well last night I finally figured out that the fuel pump, did in fact work, and it was just a really bad clog in the line. Got it all fixed, and finally got the car to run without pouring gas into the Carb. One problem, Idled VERY high..probably around 4-4500 RPM. Not goog on an engine that hasnt ran period in like over a year. Anyways, back to today. My grandpa helped me mess around with the throttle, getting the gas petal hooked up, figuring out the choke problem..all that. Now the problem is now that it runs nice only if you keep pushing the throttle. If you don't do anything, it stalls out and backfires. I still have the original Solex on the car and before I took the engine out and restored the body, everything worked like a clock. Now I am at a loss on what to do. 1- I could buy the Solex rebuild kit and TRY to make it work like new again, and just hope that it will be worth what I put into it, or 2- spend the extra money (how much?) and buy a Weber and Weber rebuild kit..and have more faith that it will last me a lot longer and will have less problems with it. Where could I get either of my choices, and for how much? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Jon

#2 ·
Could This Possibly Work???

Weber Reman 32/36 4Cyl 1800-2000cc or 1.8L-2.0L Jetted

Up for Auction is a Reman Weber Carb That has been flow tested and ready to bolt on and go, this one is jetted at 137 Mains 180 Secondarys 180 Air Corrector with 32mm/36mm Base Venturi Size and would be a perfect setup for a 4Cyl between 1800-2000cc or 1.8L - 2.0L Engine size. These are the best carbs for 4 & 6 Cylinder engines for performance and gas mileage as well, they are so much better than stock carbs and will give you a best performance improvement you can do. These have been rebushed on shafts with new brass floats and jets as well and will run great for years to come. Thes carbs are easily upgraded for more performance with simple jet change (5 screws) without removing from engine and if you have seen these are very expensive remaned but not here so good luck and happy bidding.

I am kind of stupid on this topic..so to some people, I may sound like a complete loser if you a lot about them. I just need to find something because I want to get the engine running good and strong before I move on. If that don't work, where could I get a good working Weber? or at least one that I could re-build?

Thanks for the help everyone!

Attachments

#3 ·
I moved this thread to the proper Forum...

Wrong carb, Jon. The one shown is a DFAV, ("F" as in Ford) with the primary and secondary throats reversed, versus the DGAV (or DGEV, with electric choke) that you need. Your homework tonight is to read EVERY thread on this Forum regarding Weber down-draft carbs...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.