Upgrades to my Opel GT
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Upgrades to my Opel GT

Downloads
    Uploads

TalkingUpgrades to my Opel GT

Just rewired the headlights, bought new taillight housings for the chrome, an interior light lens cover, fixed some oil leaks, and got a new blitz emblem from Ebay. Took it to a car show on the weekend and had fun

John

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations. Hopefully you got nice comments from the crowd. Such as, "Wow! I haven't seen one of these in years. My fill-in-the-blank had one. We had a ball."

Soooooo any photos?
    Last edited by West Coast GT; 08-01-2007 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Spelling - message read like a 1st grader writ it up rite fine

Downloads
    Uploads

1970 opel in car show

Put opel in car show with approximately 2000 cars in Quebec and it was the only opel. They weren't sure where to put me and I ended up between Volkswagon bugs and mercedes . Ha HA!!! I got a participation trophy rather than the regular 1,2,3,. Most people didn't know what it was and I heard comments like "it's a Ferrari", "Cool" , "Must cost a fortune". It drew a lot of attention because it was different. John.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler
    Real Name
    Fred Pena
    Downloads
    Uploads

SmileSounds like fun!

Man I can't wait to be in your shoes! I'm finally almost done with school (december) so I'll be able to give her the time to get her going and show her off in local car shows!

Real Name
    Matt
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnvan View Post
    Just rewired the headlights, bought new taillight housings for the chrome, an interior light lens cover, fixed some oil leaks, and got a new blitz emblem from Ebay. Took it to a car show on the weekend and had fun

John
    I think you and I were in a bidding war for that NOS emblem yesterday. I'm glad it went to a forum member - congratulations! I checked out the eBay listing again on your GT - it looks great! Good luck at future car shows - the rarity of our Opels is one of the pleasures of ownership I think.

Matt
    '72 Opel GT (Fireglow Orange) "Sara"

Major Mods: Weber Carb, High Compression Pistons, Electronic Ignition, High Torque Starter, High Output Alternator, Custom CAI, Headers / Custom Exhaust, Getrag 240 5-Speed,
    Enhanced Suspension (Anti-Sway Bars / Koni Reds / Sport Springs), "Big" Brake Package with 22mm Booster / MC, 15x8" Wheels and Toyo RA-1 Tires, XM Radio

Restoration Thread
    Comments Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by newman27 View Post
    I think you and I were in a bidding war for that NOS emblem yesterday. I'm glad it went to a forum member - congratulations! I checked out the eBay listing again on your GT - it looks great! Good luck at future car shows - the rarity of our Opels is one of the pleasures of ownership I think.

Matt
    So that was you?! Sorry, I know they're hard to get. I'll keep my eye out for one for you . I'll have to look for pictures of your car. Fireglow orange sounds pretty cool! Mine does need a quality paint job.

Thanks, John

Real Name
    Matt
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnvan View Post
    So that was you?! Sorry, I know they're hard to get. I'll keep my eye out for one for you . I'll have to look for pictures of your car. Fireglow orange sounds pretty cool! Mine does need a quality paint job.

Thanks, John
    Hey, no problem - I'm sorry I ran the price up on you. Maybe we could have held a virtual auction off-line and whoever won that got the real deal at the lowest price ...

Matt
    '72 Opel GT (Fireglow Orange) "Sara"

Major Mods: Weber Carb, High Compression Pistons, Electronic Ignition, High Torque Starter, High Output Alternator, Custom CAI, Headers / Custom Exhaust, Getrag 240 5-Speed,
    Enhanced Suspension (Anti-Sway Bars / Koni Reds / Sport Springs), "Big" Brake Package with 22mm Booster / MC, 15x8" Wheels and Toyo RA-1 Tires, XM Radio

Restoration Thread
    Comments Thread

Thread Information