ontario opelers? - Page 2
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ontario opelers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Guys, I live in Guelph and am without a GT at the moment. I sold my '71 when I lived in Missisauga about 6 years ago. Always wondered whatever happened to it. It was corvette yellow with polished 15" 5 star wheels.
    I have seen a red one in Guelph a few times but the owner isn't interested in selling it (it looks stock).
    I moved from Ottawa about 10 years ago and remember seeing one there once that had the ac upgrade in it, I think it was blue.
    I do have a friend still in Ottawa that has a gt (not on the road) and many parts.
    Someday I will once again own one. If there is a meet planned this year I would like to attend if only to have a good look and chat about the small car that we all love so much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a city I actually recognize from Canada. Missisauga. We have a warehouse there (lanier Worldwide)
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Manta Maniac Site Supporter Rionart's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mississauga

Hey Gene,
    I work at Pearson Airport, so chances are your warehouse is not a million miles away from me....

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Dan Nelson
    Downloads
    Uploads

ontario opeler

I am in T.O. as well --unfortunately the 69 Kadette wagon is not running in North Bay and the not running 60 Olympia is in Cochrane--need more time and parts and $$$

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, replies already. Busy forum. I work in Missisauga too, popular place. I don't like that I have to drive here from Guelph everyday though... that sucks.
    Anyone going to the car show next weekend? The guy that bought mine was looking for a car to build for the shows. I go every so often but have never seen one.

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rob;
    Since Lanier has shipments going there, every once and a while, who's to say that something couldn't be slipped onto a pallet every now and then? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge )
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be so wrong on so many levels.... but since you suggested it. I think a nice rust free '71 GT would be nice, doesn't even need the drivetrain and I might even slip you $5.00...Cdn of course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow, we're up to 10 already, thats alot more than i thought there were. does anyone want to shoot off an idea for a date? there seems to be enough interest...

Downloads
    Uploads
    so did the meet idea just die out or what?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is just a timing thing. I would assume that most people have there cars in storage right now.
    Does anyone know of any for sale around here?

Downloads
    Uploads

QuestionSummer Meeting...

I am quite happy to host a summer meet for anyone willing to travel to deepest darkest Scarberia (only joking, I'm in a nice part, near the Bluffs).
    With Carlisle in May, I am busy prior to then, trying to get at least 1 Manta looking respectable, so how does a provisional date for Sun 5th June sound...gives everyone a focus point to get their cars up and running....
    I'll have the BBQ fired up, and at least 4 of the Manta's outside and washed for the day....
    So...input from anyone???

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know of any for sale around here?[/QUOTE]
    I'm thinking of selling one of mine 71 GT,if you want a project car. I'm about 15 minutes from Geulph.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rionart
    If it happens I'll be there... who thinks I can build most of a car in 4 months? :o
    Last edited by simplemind7; 02-04-2005 at 06:07 PM. Reason: I really need to learn how to spell

Opeler
    Real Name
    Andrew Leask
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well there does seem to be a large number from Ontario, I did live way up north but am in the process of moving into the Oshawa-Lindsay area. I got a 73 GT that I have still to get going on a resto, unfortunitly I have budgetted for a 2 year job. I drive long distance truck and could meet with anyone, I do have a few spare parts, an engine and front bumper and there is also a spare dash complete with clock and gauges.
    Growing up I saw lots of Opel GT's in Oshawa and owned 2 of them. Now, they are dissapearing slowly but I still know of 2 that were parked at the Macco paint dealership, I tried to buy them but he wanted 5000 bucks each, that was with a Macco paint job, that is why I didn't buy them, I wouldn't paint a dog house there lol. Anyway, I will watch this post to see if there is a meet set up for this summer, would love to see running GT's again, I miss the car. Good luck to all in the coming months to have fun driving the best car out there

Downloads
    Uploads

Ontario opelers

Just became a member recently to see if there were any others nearby with opels. I live in the Windsor area. Are there any members in southwestern Ontario?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I live in the west end of toronto and have two 1971 opel gts. i only know of another opel that i seen at a cruise night last summer in missisauga.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well as you can see there are quite a few of us poping up in ontario, mostly southern ontario and from the sounds of it there should be a meet at Rionart's near you in the summer so you can probably find out who you saw.
    if you're looking for some parts i've got extras of almost everything and am in need of some brake parts. i live about an hour south west of toronto and i need to go up that way soon to pick something up from Rionart. PM me if you need anything

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rionart
    I am quite happy to host a summer meet for anyone willing to travel to deepest darkest Scarberia (only joking, I'm in a nice part, near the Bluffs).
    With Carlisle in May, I am busy prior to then, trying to get at least 1 Manta looking respectable, so how does a provisional date for Sun 5th June sound...gives everyone a focus point to get their cars up and running....
    I'll have the BBQ fired up, and at least 4 of the Manta's outside and washed for the day....
    i was just thinking about this summer meet for whatever reason and though i'd check when it was... June 5th - thats next weekend, Rionart, is the offer still up or is it too short of notice?

i know i'd like to meet some of you around here if the meet happens, anyone else?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs upSouthers Ontario Summer BBQ

Next Week????.....Oh!, so it is...how time flies when you are having fun!!
    Sure, I'm still up for it, I guess I'd better throw out some invites this weekend...so everyone on here is welcome, and any Opelers you know who are not on the list, pass the word to them too...
    I'll start a fresh thread to get a bit of a head count....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey all,

I'm registered in the Ottawa Bytowm market auto classic on the 5th. Otherwise I would have enjoyed a drive to the Toronto area. Sorry I can't make it.

If any of you are in the Ottawa area next weekend drop by the market car show and say hi.

Graham

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information