ontario opelers?
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ontario opelers?

Downloads
    Uploads

ontario opelers?

After looking at a few people locations when they post, I've noticed there are a fair number of us from Ontario, mostly southern Ontario. who on the forums is from Ontario? maybe enough for a meet sometime in the future...... I'd be in for a road trip to see some opels, anyone else?
    Last edited by simplemind7; 01-12-2005 at 03:27 PM. Reason: I can't type while eating

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Manta Maniac Site Supporter Rionart's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs uphead count...

It's maybe a good time to revise the Ontario Opeler head count...it's been a couple of years since we did a roll call....
    You'll find me in the East end of Toronto (The Bluffs), along with more Manta's than any sane man would consider....

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs upOttawa Opelers

Hello simplemind7;
    There are two registered Opelers on this site who live in Ottawa, ON. Myself (a.k.a. jpiper) and Graham. Graham has also met with another Opeler just west of Ottawa, in Kanata (home of the Corel Center and the Ottawa Senators). So that makes three here in the nations capital. You can check my gallery here on the site for pics of out cars. A meet is a good suggestion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John
    (a.k.a jpiper)
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Canada

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    i though a meet would be a good thing, since i haven't been priveliged enough to see any opel running in person, just on this site and whatever other place on the internet. i'm sure if we all brought some parts we could have ourselves a decent swap meet as long as some more opelers chime in here..... i've got my fair share of extra parts and a few i need to get my hands on..... anyone else?

OpelGT.com Übermoderator kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brendan,

Do you know a fellow who goes by the handle "old_school_vw"? He has posted several extremely rude posts in response to your threads, and claims to live in your home town of Ayr. According to his Profile, his postal code is N0B 1E0 (is that Ayr?) and he drives a 1994 VW Jetta 1.9 Turbo Diesel. He even provided his e-mail address as ceilingspeck5"at"hotmail.com, if any of that is true. Anyway, if you know him, tell him he has been terminated from this site.

Makes me embarrassed to be a fellow Canadian
    Keith Wilford
    Finishing up a bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, sorry about that, i have no idea why he did that, i was about to send you a PM to delete him but then i noticed all his posts magically dissapeared, good job

Downloads
    Uploads
    but back on topic, theres gotta be more than 3 of us and Graham that jpiper mentioned here in ontario, common, speak up here guys!
    Last edited by simplemind7; 01-13-2005 at 07:50 PM.

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes i would like to get together with other opelers. I'm in the Waterloo region. I have a 71 GT that's in the process of being rebuilt (10yrs). I'm building a shop right now so once I get it done I can work on the GT again. George

Downloads
    Uploads
    waterloo region? i can drive there in about half an hour you wouldn't happen to need/have any extra parts would you? i've got a pretty nice collection of ones i probably won't ever use and a few that i still need to get my hands on..... could be pretty convenient trading with someone close by.

how much work do you have left to do on your gt?

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another Ottawa opeler

Hi it would be nice to meet and see some of the work you all have been doing on your cars. I start last summer with a 70 and 71 thought one would be part now I'm looking for a third for parts as I got them both running do not want to
    hurt one for the other.

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm near Winterbourne if you know where that is I have a parts car but I'll have to sort out what I got. right now everything spread out all over. once I get my shop done I'll get it organized. I'm taking off on holidays for a week so I'll ttyl. George

Downloads
    Uploads

Rudby

Where abouts do you live here in Ottawa? Graham and I live in the East end, Orleans. Drop a line to me in my onsite email box and we can converse about getting a meeting arranged at a local Timmy's.
    John
    (a.k.a jpiper)
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Canada

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD
    I'm near Winterbourne if you know where that is...
    oh man, my girlfriend lives in winterbourne, i know exactly where that is, takes me 40 min to get there, we could meet up sometime soon if you want

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all, I decided that since I was seeing my name on this thread more than I was posting, I decided it was time to jump in.

As John has said I'm from Orleans/Ottawa, he and I get together every couple of months and we have had our opels at a couple of cruise nights and one car show over the last year.

I think it would be a good thing to get all of us Ontario folks together. We could meet in either Ottawa or Toronto or some place in between, perhaps Kingston?

I have a couple of pics of my 71 GT on this site but non of the finished product.

If any of you are in the area or just want to call to discuss---my phone number is (613) 841-7444.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks to John here is a pic of our respective GTs at the Museum of Science and technology in Ottawa last summer 2003.

Red is Graham Silver is John

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Fellows,

71' GT here in Waterloo. Its been on the road for 2 summers now with a few breakdowns. Might be interested in some parts swaps.....

Here's a picture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWGT71
    Hello Fellows,

71' GT here in Waterloo. Its been on the road for 2 summers now with a few breakdowns. Might be interested in some parts swaps.....

Here's a picture.
    where abouts in waterloo are you?

Downloads
    Uploads

Another Ottawa Opeler

I am also in Orleans (Fallingbrook). I unfortunately cannot simply drive my 71 GT somewhere to meet because it is still on blocks! Connecting might still be fun however!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the north end of Waterloo, by the university.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWGT71
    I'm in the north end of Waterloo, by the university.

well if you want to meet up sometime just pm me and let me know, i'd be up for it. any parts in particular you need? nice GT btw

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information