Opel GT Forum banner

Putting out some feelers

17K views 125 replies 29 participants last post by  rrossjr 
#1 ·
We will be moving out of state next Fall, and I will likely not be taking the GT with me.
I wanted to get some thoughts from the community about price and a good strategy for the sale.
The car starts, runs, drives, and stops well. Overall condition is very good, and paint still looks new
(2005 respray) Body is straight (no dents, dings or scratches) and rust free (Texas car originally)
Less than 20K miles on rebuilt 1.9. Drivetrain is mostly stock, except for 32/36 weber. Lots of
chrome bits in the engine bay. Small ATF leak (dipstick tube o-ring?) Sound system is dated.
This car was built mostly for shows, rather than for performance. Multiple awards, including best Opel from
last year's Mother Road Festival in Springfield. I put a few recent pics in an album here.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers,
Ron in Indy

#103 ·
1969 Opel GT 1900 Coupe Buick GM 2 Door 90+ HD Pictures.

Really like contrast between saddle interior with black accents. Classic combination with dark green exterior.
Do not like "rattle-can" black engine bay, but not many choices unless one starts taking parts off to detail them.
Wiring needs some love with wiring conduit/ protection, but that is an easy fix.

#104 ·
Yes. A very nice GT, but far from concourse condition. I wonder how this would fit in to Charles's pricing guidelines.
I was somewhat surprised to see it go for $16K, since even a few years ago, I would expect no more than $10K (assuming it
was sold domestically) Perhaps the GT prices are on the way up, or it could be that this auction was blessed with a couple
very motivated bidders. :yup:
Cheers,
RR

#115 ·
Yep, I pretty much cleaned out all my Opel stuff when I sold the car.
He did buy a nice wood steering wheel (OGTS?) which I saw listed in another auction.
I think he also listed a few of the parts I included with the car on ebay, but not everything.
He apparently s**t-canned all the trophies plaques and awards I sent, so perhaps he also
tossed out some of the other parts.

#122 ·
A friend notified me that my old GT has resurfaced in Vegas. These are the same guys that have been trying to sell the blue GT with blue wheels for a while (on eBay and on their site) My old '70 now sports a spoiler (OK, but not a good color match for the rallye orange) and a new steering wheel, as well as an updated stereo (which it really needed) Everything else looks essentially the same as when I sold it two year, 4 owners, and ~650 miles ago. :rolleyes: I can probably answer any questions if anyone is interested in potentially purchasing this car.
Cheers,
Ron in FL

#124 ·
This copy was in the ad for the Orange GT - Who ever wrote their copy is not very gifted - "The Opel was a stylish coupe that handled well and looked good from every angle. Step in and your transported right back to 1970." Let the Good Times Roll+. Was a stylish coupe and Looked good ???????

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.