Manta A 1973 $2000.00
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks: †0
Likes Likes: †0
Dislikes Dislikes: †0
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bbutler787

Thread: Manta A 1973 $2000.00

Real Name
    Bruce
    Downloads
    Uploads

Manta A 1973 $2000.00

1973 Opel Manta A purchased from original owner in January 2018 from Temple Texas. Car stalled on her as she was driving it into the drive. Thatís where it sat for eight years until I bought it with the intention to restore. Purchased lots of new and used parts and even bought the paint.
    Removed and cleaned the fuel tank, sending unit, installed new fuel pump, fuel lines from front to rear, overhauled the carb, replaced points and condenser, changed the oil and filter, added coolant.
    Engine runs very well. Drove it around to get it up to temp and the engine is strong. Transmission leaks a lot but shifts appropriately. Needs brakes so I bought new hoses from OGTS to start the process.
    Battery box is rusted thru so I took it all out along with the wiring harness. Purchased a new battery box from OU. Purchased a NOS fuse box and a used wiring harness so as to return the system to original and accommodate the A/C.
    I have also purchased tail light lenses and assemblies that are in excellent condition. Acquired a Manta A instrument panel with tach.
    As the pictures show, I have stripped the interior and instrument panel/dash and checked the interior condition. Some rust has been repaired on the outside.
    Itís already on my trailer so we can discuss a delivery scenario. $$$.
    I have a clean Kansas Title for the car. As the Restoration has not been completed, it has not been registered.
    ubernoob51 likes this.

Thread Information