Yellow73GT's Garage :: Dart Swinger
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
  1. General Information
    Dart Swinger
    Dodge
    Dart
    Orange (eventually to be a dark pearl Blue or Purp
    yes, lots

Acquired in 2004 for oldest boy, he didn't want it, so I kept it for me and built a fun summer toy out of it. Now all I hear from him is "Can I drive the Dart?" Gets lots of attention just driving it around, not any kind of show car by any means, just a fun weekend cruise toy.

Modifications

Added a non OEM hood scoop. Removed rubber "bumperettes" from front bumper.

Removed the bench seat and put in some non OEM buckets from some "other" car. Added a tach and shift light. The headliner was done in some sort of fuzzy black felt as was the back package deck and the rear seat, by the prior owner.

•  

Again with the "in-car entertainment", personally I think stepping on the "GO" pedal in this thing is ALL the entertainment most could handle, but if you mean stereo, yes I have a pull-out Kenwood, two kick panel 5" speaks and two 2-way 6 x 9's in the back deck and a 12" sub and amp in the trunk, to make noise.

•  

Here's where things got interesting. Originally a 225 slant six, now a modded and beefed 360, with Holley 750, aluminum single plain intake, headers and true 2.5" dual exhaust, and some other misc, goodies. Hood is cut to allow fresh air, and plans are in the works to make a carb tray to seal off the carb from the under hood area and allow only cool fresh air from the scoop to get in. Re-cored to 3 core factory radiator and seven blade clutch fan. Custom modified 904 automatic trans with lower 1st and second gear set and shift kitted, using the original slant 6 converter. Optima battery of course.

Re-enforced front lower control arms, new solo cross torsion bars, 1 and 1/8th inch front sway bar (custom job), new rear leaf springs, new shocks all four corners, HUGE brakes 11 3/4" front disc unicast police rotors and 11" x 3" rear ribbed drums (it WILL throw you threw the windshield if you don't wear your seat belt), new master cyl., and of course the obligatory proportioning valve. Have also added in homemade 2x3 box tube sub frame connectors to stiffen the uni-body.

Widened to 8" each, a set of factory 15" stock steel wheels for the rear, standard 7" x 15" stock steel fronts with 245/60 15's on all four corners and "Dog Dish" hubcaps also.

•  
    Views: 560