The Ebay Deal of the Week - Page 3
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Like Tree675Likes

Thread: The Ebay Deal of the Week

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not on Ebay, but, a bargain!!

Here's one in our own classifieds. Most would pass it off as just a GT project gone south, but, in reading the ENTIRE ad, the seller is throwing in what looks like a new cherry picker. Worth the price.....
    https://www.opelgt.com/ppc/showproduc...o-engine&cat=2
    wankelgt likes this.
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

enu
    Real Name
    patrick capasso
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wankelgt likes this.
    ..being poor just means you will try harder

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was biding on the headder but someone out bid me
    wankelgt likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

enu
    Real Name
    patrick capasso
    Downloads
    Uploads

i could use it too

Quote Originally Posted by david the opel king View Post
    I was biding on the headder but someone out bid me
    i could use it too but i cant aford it now
    wankelgt likes this.
    ..being poor just means you will try harder

Real Name
    Chuck
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BQS4 View Post
    Here's one in our own classifieds. Most would pass it off as just a GT project gone south, but, in reading the ENTIRE ad, the seller is throwing in what looks like a new cherry picker. Worth the price.....
    1973 Opel GT - no engine - Opel Ad Board
    Oh snap... That's an awesome deal, to bad he lives to far away for me to do anything with it. It's even already the correct color I want Oh well, you can't win them all.:banghead:
    wankelgt likes this.
    "Be Water, My Friend" Bruce Lee, December 9, 1971

1000 Post Club
    Real Name
    Mike/Michael
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All,
    I talked to Gordon about this yesterday while working on the JerseyDave Manta: How in the world is someone like me going to scoop a great deal on E-Bay if we now have a forum thread for breaking the latest GT must-have item like a 2.4 EFI motor for 50 bucks?

This is like a great white shark announcing to the rest of the clan "Hey, injured, bleeding and nicely fattened group of seals over HERE!

What do I have to do, search E-Bay Uganda, too?

Nervously searching EBay,
    Mike
    wankelgt likes this.

Real Name
    Chuck
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNotigan View Post
    All,
    I talked to Gordon about this yesterday while working on the JerseyDave Manta: How in the world is someone like me going to scoop a great deal on E-Bay if we now have a forum thread for breaking the latest GT must-have item like a 2.4 EFI motor for 50 bucks?

This is like a great white shark announcing to the rest of the clan "Hey, injured, bleeding and nicely fattened group of seals over HERE!
    Mike
    Personally I view it as a way to know who the competition is that I am working against when trying to "scoop" the latest greatest must have items on Fleabay. If someone is posting about it here, they are obviously searching it on Fleabay, thus, competition. Truly frustrating to bid on something, and the moment you make your bid, it tells you "you've been out bid, Don't let it get away" I hate Fleabay
    wankelgt likes this.

Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice white GT. I got a friend in Michigan I'm trying to get hooked on Opels. I'll send him the link.

Header:
    Oh Mannnnn! I would have put a max bid of $200 on that and snagged it. Nards!

Gordo the Great White Shark:
    Aww...c'mon Mike, I only point out the weird and outrageous. Thanks for the tip about eBay Uganda, I'll have to add that one to my search list!
    wankelgt and MikeNotigan like this.

Real Name
    Chuck
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by thescifiguy View Post
    Header:
    Oh Mannnnn! I would have put a max bid of $200 on that and snagged it. Nards!
    I think someone did,
    wankelgt likes this.

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if there's a "silver lining" to those who did bid and didn't win, you still won, that header is one of those old PACESETTER and the new owner, unless he/she does nothing but, drive it on/off a trailer, they're probably going to be yanking it off the car within two years as the header slowly falls apart, or they try and fix the air leaks.....You're better off getting one of Gil's new headers
    wankelgt likes this.

Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads

Silver lining

Good that I missed it then! I didn't really study the ad and I know to avoid those. I've got a Pacesetter screwed to the wall of my garage as a decoration. That's all it's good for.
    wankelgt likes this.

Project 1450 supporter... Site Supporter RallyBob's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never seen these Opel hubcaps before. If I had stock wheels, I'd punch girls to have a set of these on my car. Alas, there's only two for sale.....

What kind of Opel did these come from?
    Dealer-installed option. I have a few NOS ones somewhere...
    wankelgt likes this.
    My Flickr photos.
    C.R.L. 9/22/69 - 12/8/99, J.M.L. 3/3/43 - 6/15/04, D.M.L. 9/19/50 - 6/23/10, E.G. Sauer 2/26/66 - 2/18/10

'70 GT 'Bonnie', '71 Ascona 4-dr turbo - winter beater, '71 Ascona 4-dr 'Turd' - rallycar, '72 Ascona wagon - 'Red', '72 Manta - caged street car, '74 Manta Luxus - factory sunroof, '74 Manta ITB racecar, '75 Manta - racecar

Real Name
    Hans
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wankelgt likes this.
    Projekt 2019 - Der OPEL GT
    1971 Opel GT (Green) 10/28/06 VIN: 77 232 5469 Body U1032187 Build date: 10/70
    1972 Opel GT ..(Red) .05/11/07 VIN: 77 237 3202 Body U1049159 Build date: 11/71
    I am past the Age of knowing when I should know better

Other Cars:
    2010 Fusion Hybrid (White)
    LINK to my picture Albums

Hoosier Opeler Site Supporter rrossjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ron
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally Posted by thescifiguy
    I've never seen these Opel hubcaps before. If I had stock wheels, I'd punch girls to have a set of these on my car. Alas, there's only two for sale.....
    What kind of Opel did these come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyBob View Post
    Dealer-installed option. I have a few NOS ones somewhere...
    Trying to imagine who Gordon would punch to get those!
    I've never seen these before either. Which Opels do/did they fit?
    Cheers,
    Ron in Indy
    wankelgt likes this.

Project 1450 supporter... Site Supporter RallyBob's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rrossjr View Post
    I've never seen these before either. Which Opels do/did they fit?
    Cheers,
    Ron in Indy
    My Kadett had the original dealer-option brochure in the glovebox, it showed these hubcaps in them. 1969 Kadett BTW.
    wankelgt likes this.
    My Flickr photos.
    C.R.L. 9/22/69 - 12/8/99, J.M.L. 3/3/43 - 6/15/04, D.M.L. 9/19/50 - 6/23/10, E.G. Sauer 2/26/66 - 2/18/10

'70 GT 'Bonnie', '71 Ascona 4-dr turbo - winter beater, '71 Ascona 4-dr 'Turd' - rallycar, '72 Ascona wagon - 'Red', '72 Manta - caged street car, '74 Manta Luxus - factory sunroof, '74 Manta ITB racecar, '75 Manta - racecar

1000 Post Club
    Real Name
    Mike/Michael
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BQS4 View Post
    Well, if there's a "silver lining" to those who did bid and didn't win, you still won, that header is one of those old PACESETTER and the new owner, unless he/she does nothing but, drive it on/off a trailer, they're probably going to be yanking it off the car within two years as the header slowly falls apart, or they try and fix the air leaks.....You're better off getting one of Gil's new headers
    Gene,
    Good information to know about this header. Pacesetter seems to have been around for a while. I seem to recall they're a company that's released a lot of exhaust systems throughout the years, too. I may have had a pacesetter exhuast for my 1980 Mustang way back when. Bought it from J C Whitney. I had no idea this header would be considered junk.
    It's these little tidbits of pertinent info that I appreciate. It also saves a lot of us folks a lot of grief with inferior parts and equipment.
    Take Care,
    Mike
    wankelgt likes this.

Real Name
    Ken
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gene,
    Good information to know about this header. Pacesetter seems to have been around for a while. I seem to recall they're a company that's released a lot of exhaust systems throughout the years, too. I may have had a pacesetter exhuast for my 1980 Mustang way back when. Bought it from J C Whitney. I had no idea this header would be considered junk.
    It's these little tidbits of pertinent info that I appreciate. It also saves a lot of us folks a lot of grief with inferior parts and equipment.
    Take Care,
    Mike
    I had a Pacesetter header on my 70 GT 35 years ago. It was a piece of leaky junk from day one. Chronic leaks at the far-too-thin flange. It lasted about 5k miles before other joints cracked at which time it was junked. The motor mounts were new and the exhaust was hung using stock mounts so there was plenty of flex in the system, the header was just plain weak.
    wankelgt likes this.
    Thurston County, WA, effective motto: "Gophers, Gophers Über Alles"

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gene,
    Take Care,
    Mike
    I don't want to sound like Im bad-mouthing it, but, I had 3 of these headers, two for GTs and one for a Manta/Ascona. The first GT one had fitment problems, which I did my best to "fix", then the unit just cracked along where the 4 tubes become one, I pulled it off and tossed it, bought another one, thinking I had just gotten a "bad one", well the second cracked internally, I pulled it off and had it welded, only to have it crack again shortly after. Being snake-bit from the GT ones, I never even mounted the Manta/Ascona one, just sold it, at a great loss, to someone, not on here, this was long before I was into computers and knew anyone here. Since then, I have read countless stories about the PACESETTER and was glad to know I wasn't the only one with a problem.
    wankelgt likes this.

Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads

Varying results

I, too, had varying results with Pacesetters. I put one on the yellow car you see below back in the late 80's and it lasted for 100,000+ miles until I sold the car. But, about 5 years ago, I then also bought one from a guy who had salvaged it from a junkyard car. That one leaked at the 4 pipe collector from day one. That's the one I screwed to my garage wall.

Y'know, I've heard it said here on the site that our normal exhaust manifolds will glow red hot at highway speed. As thin as those headers are, I can only imagine that they must light up like a light bulb. I've never seen glowing manifolds on tv or anywhere. Could one of you guys duct tape a camera inside your engine compartment and film this miraculous occurence? I'd love to see that.
    wankelgt likes this.

Tennessean Site Supporter hrcollinsjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Harold Collins
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As thin as those headers are, I can only imagine that they must light up like a light bulb. I've never seen glowing manifolds on tv or anywhere. Could one of you guys duct tape a camera inside your engine compartment and film this miraculous occurence? I'd love to see that.
    Set idle speed at 2000rpm and pop the hood and wait a few minutes.

Harold
    wankelgt likes this.

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information