A Call for SR20 documentation - Page 15
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A Call for SR20 documentation

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ben,
    I never followed your build, but just spent 2 hours reading the whole thing and it is fantastic. I need to do the same thing and get myself a good rear as I spin the wheels whenever I get on it just a little bit in 1st, I have a Buick/Opel rear on the shelf that I got from Rodney with disc brakes on it so I was considering doing the Quaife thing, it would make the swap very easy. Good luck with your car, I'm a little jealous as we have snow and ice on ground up here and you still get to drive your GT .
    Jeff

'73 GT,5spd,Recaro,EDIS4 2.2 EFI MegaSqrt, Ali Flywhl w/S10 Clutch, Elec Fan, Roller Rockers, Venolia Pistons, 6 Cyl Intake w/ Custom Injection, 15" Wheels,F&R Sway Bars,2" Exhaust,1" Sport Spring,Koni Reds,Wilwood Brks,3:90 Gears & Gripper LSD,Rear Disks,Ali Radiator,Hse of Colors - Kandy Pagan Gold.
    123 WHP @ 6800 RPM

www.markandson.net

www.gpny.com

'64 VW Ghia '09 S35i BMW Z4
    '15 BMW M4 '11 BMW 335ix '04 Ford F150 SVT Lightning

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Ron
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ben where in Dallas do you hide this GT, Love to see it sounds fantastic Ron

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasmanta View Post
    Ben where in Dallas do you hide this GT, Love to see it sounds fantastic Ron
    I'd be glad to show it to you some time. I'm down in Midlothian. Do you know if there are ever any get togethers of opel folks in the Dallas area?

Wait a minute, is that a Turbo down there?

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Ron
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ben there are quite a few of us here in Dallas. We are scattered all over the metro area and usually it takes someone from out of town or out of country coming to the area for a beer etc. I can come down to your township as I am in East Dallas area off interstate 30. Send me a pm with your phone number and we can talk. Ron

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought some people might be interested, so here are a couple of pics of the forward torque arm mount. I used the forward mount from a Camaro and welded on some appendages to bolt it securely to the underside of the GT. It fastens to the same two bolts holes that the opel torque tube center joint did plus one more that I added about 8" outboard near the e-brake cable guide bracket.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    So for several years I've been meaning to give a performance follow up on the swap, but I still haven't dyno'd it and I only just did my first quarter mile runs at the strip at the beginning of October. So, I guess I can report on that. The runs were done just before sun down in Florida with the air temps in the low 70's. Tires were very worn Hankook RS3. The car was running 11 - 12 lbs of boost, but I had been playing with a couple of the rev limiters so In 1st gear it was pulling a lot of timing at 4k rpms and up, other gears were unaffected except that the main rev limiter was set 300 rpms or so stock. No hard launches and some tire spin in first resulted in 60 ft times around 2.5 seconds (if I remember right). The 1/4 mile and trap speed were much better. I was hitting the main rev limiter in third gear several hundred feet before the finish line.

ET: 14.1 sec @ 101 mph

I had hoped it would be in the 13's, but traction in 1st and the rev limiter at the top end kept that from happening.
    Gary and Herger like this.

2000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doug

Real Name
    Cody
    Downloads
    Uploads

late to the party

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    So for several years I've been meaning to give a performance follow up on the swap, but I still haven't dyno'd it and I only just did my first quarter mile runs at the strip at the beginning of October. So, I guess I can report on that. The runs were done just before sun down in Florida with the air temps in the low 70's. Tires were very worn Hankook RS3. The car was running 11 - 12 lbs of boost, but I had been playing with a couple of the rev limiters so In 1st gear it was pulling a lot of timing at 4k rpms and up, other gears were unaffected except that the main rev limiter was set 300 rpms or so stock. No hard launches and some tire spin in first resulted in 60 ft times around 2.5 seconds (if I remember right). The 1/4 mile and trap speed were much better. I was hitting the main rev limiter in third gear several hundred feet before the finish line.

ET: 14.1 sec @ 101 mph

I had hoped it would be in the 13's, but traction in 1st and the rev limiter at the top end kept that from happening.
    awesome thread! its now '19. any changes or additions made? any dyno numbers? did you ever get it onto the autocross track? are you still running the same rims?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread Information