New Opel Registry Database - Page 2
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New Opel Registry Database

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gary, is there a way to put a permanent link to the registry on opelgt.com? Once the thread is gone, it will be a pain to search for the thread and click on the link. Just wondering.

Bob
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tealcarver View Post
    Gary, is there a way to put a permanent link to the registry on opelgt.com? Once the thread is gone, it will be a pain to search for the thread and click on the link. Just wondering.

Bob
    I made the thread a "Sticky" which will keep it at the top of the forum index.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registry

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I finally found a decent program and created a registry database for registering classic Opels.

GT's, Manta's, Ascona's, Kadett's, and Other Opels are in separate tables and the database can be viewed in a grid or gallery format.

Uploading info is easy using the form for your model.

Check it out: Classic Opel Registry - Alt-Opel.US
    Gary,
    I’ve tried to let others know about the registry and they’ve tried to get registered but the site says they have to download the app. It gives me the same response when I check in to see my registration, you need to download the app. But if I check on my Kadett, it works fine. They download the app and it still tells them they need to download the app. A little help please.
    Bruce.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Kyler Norman
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbutler787 View Post
    Gary,
    I’ve tried to let others know about the registry and they’ve tried to get registered but the site says they have to download the app. It gives me the same response when I check in to see my registration, you need to download the app. But if I check on my Kadett, it works fine. They download the app and it still tells them they need to download the app. A little help please.
    Bruce.
    I wouldn’t recommend doing it on mobile anyway. There is a lot of info to put in and it’s a little tough to navigate on mobile. Can you do it on a desktop by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Mira," 1970 Opel GT Working ARA AC, European 2.0L and Midikit
    "Kara," 1972 Opel GT Targa, Welded Doors, Rhinolined

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gary,
    Bruce.
    Bruce,
    Is it the Alt-Opel site or the database site that is looking for the app download? I tried it on my phone using google search and was able to go to the form without any problem.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve already registered both my GT and My Kadett. If I go to the website and check on others in the Kadett registry, everything works as advertised. I see the four Kadett entry’s. When I try to see the GT registrations, the site tell me I have to download the app. I already downloaded the app and registered my GT. Shouldn’t be getting a message that tells me to download the app again. Several others in our club tried to register their GT’s and were instructed to download the app. They did and still get the notice to download the app. How do you get past that ?

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve already registered both my GT and My Kadett. If I go to the website and check on others in the Kadett registry, everything works as advertised. I see the four Kadett entry’s. When I try to see the GT registrations, the site tell me I have to download the app. I already downloaded the app and registered my GT. Shouldn’t be getting a message that tells me to download the app again. Several others in our club tried to register their GT’s and were instructed to download the app. They did and still get the notice to download the app. How do you get past that ?
    Thanks, I'll look into it.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Downloads
    Uploads

Real Name
    Bruce
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, let’s try this again.

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I access it through my phone, it currently defaults to the GT view. The "Sign Up" link takes you to the database site where you can create new databases (basically an ad for them). That link can be removed in their "Premium" version. (I'm not ready to spend that $$ yet)

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll make a few changes and see if that works around it and the "App" request.

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I embedded all the database links into the main page which makes it much cleaner. Let me know if this takes care of that problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Issue with adding my Kadett.. too old?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I finally found a decent program and created a registry database for registering classic Opels. ...

Uploading info is easy using the form for your model.

Check it out: Classic Opel Registry - Alt-Opel.US
    I went to this URL and wanted to add my 1964 Opel Kadett "A" but there was no option for that year nor would it allow me to make the year. Do you know who I would talk to about that? It would make mine the oldest one (out of 4 Kadett's registered)

eX

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just added my GT and it worked great. I need to add a little info that I didn't have on hand like the VIN.
    Jeff

'73 GT,5spd,Recaro,EDIS4 2.2 EFI MegaSqrt, Ali Flywhl w/S10 Clutch, Elec Fan, Roller Rockers, Venolia Pistons, 6 Cyl Intake w/ Custom Injection, 15" Wheels,F&R Sway Bars,2" Exhaust,1" Sport Spring,Koni Reds,Wilwood Brks,3:90 Gears & Gripper LSD,Rear Disks,Ali Radiator,Hse of Colors - Kandy Pagan Gold.
    123 WHP @ 6800 RPM

www.markandson.net

www.gpny.com

'64 VW Ghia '09 S35i BMW Z4
    '15 BMW M4 '11 BMW 335ix '04 Ford F150 SVT Lightning

2000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by markandson View Post
    Just added my GT and it worked great. I need to add a little info that I didn't have on hand like the VIN.
    Hmmm! Easier said than done! (Unless an "EDIT" function has been added?) -- Doug

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by markandson View Post
    PM any updates or edits to me. That program does not allow updates to individual records.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information