For sale, cars & parts (sometime in the near future) - Page 6
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 101 to 113 of 113
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: For sale, cars & parts (sometime in the near future)

  1. #101
    2000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    2,403
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    The Grande Finale!

    OK, Matt has been out of town here and back in town in Canada for some time now. I have been out of town in Europe and back in town in Phoenix for a few days now. Mike has also been in and out of town in his own time slot during this period. It is time to make the Grande Finale post (and point to a new one)! The pics attached were taken today (June 19, 2019) and represent what is left of Chartreuse! BTW, after all of this goings on, I have named HIM (no girl would have gone through what he did to save someone else from the crusher) RUSTY. The first reason is obvious ... , the second is the thought that he used to be TRUSTY, but the "T" fell off due to the attachments rusting off! There will a second post with some minimal "babble" because every post requires some minimal amount of babble and there is a limit of 10 attachments per post. I might not respond to any/all replies but will try to remind myself what my mother said about being "polite" (if I can remember what she said!)

    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #102
    2000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    2,403
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    The Grande Finale - Part 2!

    The pics in part 1 were primarily exterior so this part will be interior shots. 'Nuff said!

    Now, for one of the reasons for putting this out in front of all of you - parts! If you see anything that you want in any of the photos and it is reasonable to get off in the next 10 days, let me know! If you think it is too heavy to ship, I may have an answer or part of one. I will be leaving Phoenix on June 30 headed to Ft Worth, TX where I will spend a few days with my brother, sister, and my daughter, leaving there on July 5th or 6th heading north to Manhattan, Kansas arriving there by July 7th and spending a few days there with some high school buddies. From there I will continue northeast to St Joseph, MO for an overnight stay before heading into Nebraska (Omaha, possibly Lincoln, Winnebago, and more small cities leading to Grand Island) for a couple of days. After GI, I will head back to Phoenix. If you have something you want and we can arrange to meet somewhere along that route (or close to it) I will deliver the desired part(s). My vehicle of choice is a Toyota Tacoma pickup so room should not be a problem!

    In addition to parts from Rusty, I have two seats which were in my GT before I replaced them with the RX-7 versions and I have ONE front seat for a Manta (it is in pretty good shape) but you will have to tell me the difference between drivers side and passengers side. The seats which were removed are pretty much just good for the frames but those are good. I think just one is shown in this thread: https://www.opelgt.com/forums/2b-sea...x-7-seats.html

    I also have some boxes of parts which I accumulated as I was buying my GT. Ask and I will check to see if I have anything!

    I also have some AC parts that came from a GT that was being converted to electric power. https://www.opelgt.com/forums/genera...tric-cars.html

    So, now for the pics!

    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #103
    Senior Member GTRoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cave Creek AZ
    Posts
    534
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Unhappy

    FIN TRAGIQUE ....An Opel deserves a better end. But it helped another to live. RIP Yellow GT

  5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #104
    2000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    2,403
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRoy View Post
    FIN TRAGIQUE ....An Opel deserves a better end. But it helped another to live. RIP Yellow GT
    Wait! The fat lady has not sung yet! This will not bring Rusty back to life, but it could lead to "him" sparking new life into a few other GTs (or not). As most of you know, I am not a big believer in originality. When it became obvious that Rusty had very little left to give, I asked Matt to leave the bare body with me for a project I had been thinking about. Actually, a number of projects that require cutting up the body somewhat to even prove feasibility. I even started a thread for this about a year ago but w/o a "derelict" body I could go no further. Now, that has changed so I am returning to that thread to have another look! If you are a big "originality is KING" type of guy, don't "waste" your time. If possibilities are your thing, rejoin me at: https://www.opelgt.com/forums/genera...ied-opels.html This is called Special Bodied Opels.

    First inputs are not yet in place, but they are in work! -- Doug

    PS - Fastback anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slracer; 06-21-2019 at 03:01 AM.

  7. #105
    1000 Post Club kwschumm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    1,799
    Real Name
    Ken
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    I've been wondering how feasible it would be to add ducts for air to escape out of the engine bay. Some tasteful body side vents between the front wheels and leading edge of doors might look good. Since you have a body in such a sad state, do you think it would be possible?
    Thurston County, WA, effective motto: "Gophers, Gophers Über Alles"

  8. #106
    2000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    2,403
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwschumm View Post
    I've been wondering how feasible it would be to add ducts for air to escape out of the engine bay. Some tasteful body side vents between the front wheels and leading edge of doors might look good. Since you have a body in such a sad state, do you think it would be possible?
    It has been on my list for a long time! Are you thinking Aston Martin DB5 or 1970 Corvette or ___? My preference leans toward "Bond, James Bond)! In some of the pics you can see the basic problem: several layers of sheet metal between the outside and the engine compartment! I do think the lower mounted 'Vette type (maybe a bit smaller) could be easier except the inside of the kick panel leads up into that territory somewhere so ...? It might be time for some "surgery"! If you have a particular shape or size, let us know.

    Doug

    PS - does anyone else not have a fondness for the little louver panels on the hood?

  9. #107
    1000 Post Club kwschumm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    1,799
    Real Name
    Ken
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by slracer View Post
    It has been on my list for a long time! Are you thinking Aston Martin DB5 or 1970 Corvette or ___? My preference leans toward "Bond, James Bond)! In some of the pics you can see the basic problem: several layers of sheet metal between the outside and the engine compartment! I do think the lower mounted 'Vette type (maybe a bit smaller) could be easier except the inside of the kick panel leads up into that territory somewhere so ...? It might be time for some "surgery"! If you have a particular shape or size, let us know.

    Doug

    PS - does anyone else not have a fondness for the little louver panels on the hood?
    I'm thinking something like the 78 Corvette (pic attached) but shorter , a simple rectangular depression leading to the engine bay. To look right some vent styles require an extended sheet metal depression extending into the door to look right, and on the Opel there likely isn't much room left in the door to spare unless the window is inoperable. Plus, there's not a lot of width between the wheel well and leading edge of the door. The DB5 style for sure might look nice if you move it further up the fender where there's more room. Of course you could install a few Buick port holes

    You'd have to open the quarter up a good amount to fit a duct in and get it properly welded to all the layers.

    I'm not a big fan of hood louvers but could see the utility.

    vent.jpg
    Thurston County, WA, effective motto: "Gophers, Gophers Über Alles"

  10. #108
    2000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    2,403
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwschumm View Post
    I'm thinking something like the 78 Corvette (pic attached) but shorter , a simple rectangular depression leading to the engine bay. To look right some vent styles require an extended sheet metal depression extending into the door to look right, and on the Opel there likely isn't much room left in the door to spare unless the window is inoperable. Plus, there's not a lot of width between the wheel well and leading edge of the door. The DB5 style for sure might look nice if you move it further up the fender where there's more room. Of course you could install a few Buick port holes

    You'd have to open the quarter up a good amount to fit a duct in and get it properly welded to all the layers.

    I'm not a big fan of hood louvers but could see the utility.

    vent.jpg
    Well, it seems I left out the pics on my earlier post! So, here is what I mentioned. I do like the simplicity of the 78 Corvette style as the 70 seemed to be a little too much "look at me". I chose '70 as it was the same year as my GT was supposed to be (but it turned out to be a 73). Does the 'Vette actually "coke bottle" some on the front fender as the images look like the taper is on the outside with the inner wall straight fore and aft? If the fenders are also flared a bit it would seem to be a natural fit. Not too sure about the inside of the engine compartment end?

    The DB fender lines and the GT seem to be more similar so I am leaning that way myself. With the top of the fender cutaway already, tomorrow I hope I can get a good look at what extra layers of sheet metal are in the way. At first look, it also seemed like a possibility with the space available.

    I was asking about the louvers as I have a "spare" hood available and some pieces of metal already painted to weld into place!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    141
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRoy
    RIP Yellow GT
    False.

    The Yellow GT is in my storage unit currently.

    However, I left the tattered yellow rags she'd been wearing for the last 50 years of Nebraska weather, in Doug's back yard in exchange for a high performance Orange snowsuit she needed for her winters up here.

  12. #110
    2000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    2,403
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MattsAwesomeStuff View Post
    False.

    The Yellow GT is in my storage unit currently.

    However, I left the tattered yellow rags she'd been wearing for the last 50 years of Nebraska weather, in Doug's back yard in exchange for a high performance Orange snowsuit she needed for her winters up here.
    This is a bit Esoteric to most out there in Forumland but I love it!

  13. #111
    2000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    2,403
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    Moderator help please!

    If it is possible, could one of the moderators please move posts #105 through #108 to the thread below? That was the intention, but there is that old saying about "The road to Hell is paved ..."!

    https://www.opelgt.com/forums/genera...ied-opels.html

    See all of you modification guys at Special Bodied Opels!

    Doug

  14. #112
    '73 GT JShannon's73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    waddell arizona
    Posts
    53
    Real Name
    Mike and Jim Shannon
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0

    The Green one

    Doug, Matt, and anyone else interested - the green car that was part of this team effort ran yesterday for the first time in God only knows how long. The distributor was installed incorrectly and the cam is in wrong so spark plug wires #1 and #4 had to be swapped in order to get it to fire. Oh, and when I say "ran" I didn't cruise it around the block. It ran by means of starting fluid down the carburetor and using a screwdriver to jump the starter..... any update on your project Matt?

  15. #113
    2000 Post Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Az
    Posts
    2,403
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    That is pretty amazing! It appeared to be the "best" of the 3 but Matt needed the "flexibility" of the orange/chartruse version. I can see it now when you and your dad show up in (un)matching GT's!

    Doug

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-22-2016, 02:13 AM
    2. Anyone live near or going near Middletown, IN
      By GoinManta in forum General Discussions
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-08-2013, 10:53 AM
    3. Birth of babies in the near future
      By 2 Fast 4 U in forum Humor
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 01-19-2013, 06:41 AM
    4. forget cars i have found the future
      By baz in forum Humor
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 02-04-2008, 11:36 AM
    5. "Parts Wanted" ads going to "Cars For Sale"?
      By opelbits in forum Bug Report
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 07-03-2004, 11:06 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •