Pennzoil Made From Natural Gas
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By The Scifi Guy
  • 1 Post By Lindsay
  • 1 Post By SpringGT

Thread: Pennzoil Made From Natural Gas

Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pennzoil Made From Natural Gas

I just saw a commercial for a new type of motor oil from Pennzoil that said it was made from natural gas!

I'm astounded! How can molecules big/sturdy/whatever enough to lubricate an engine be present in natural gas? I totally can't believe this.

All you freelance reporters get busy and find out the scoop on this new product!

And on a lighter note:

Is your Opel too ugly or broken to drive? Is your Opel a garage queen that never sees a drop of rain or snow, but you wish you could drive it all year round any time? Is your daily driver a nasty work truck that wouldn't get you laid by a fat chick? Well, now you can drive your Opel all the time, anywhere, even when you're behind the wheel of a totally different vehicle! Behold! Get a car wrap with a nice Opel printed on it! Hot chick behind the wheel optional:

Wrap.jpg

First opel 1981 and kwschumm like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Press Releases were 2014:

PurePlus Technology is a patented, revolutionary process that converts pure natural gas into the first-of-its-kind, high quality full synthetic base oil. The Pennzoil Platinum line of products made with PurePlus Technology is the first major development in motor oil in more than 40 years. Apr 16, 2014
    https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/educa...2NhbGU9ZW5fdXM
    https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/lates...2NhbGU9ZW5fdXM

Shell's base oil made from natural gas is cheaper than those derived from crude oil, which gives the company an advantage, Ames said. ... That's a big difference from base oil made from crude, Kapitany said. Mar 7, 2014
    https://fuelfix.com/blog/2014/03/07/...nto-motor-oil/
    The Scifi Guy likes this.

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scifi Guy View Post
    I just saw a commercial for a new type of motor oil from Pennzoil that said it was made from natural gas!

I'm astounded! How can molecules big/sturdy/whatever enough to lubricate an engine be present in natural gas? I totally can't believe this.

All you freelance reporters get busy and find out the scoop on this new product!
    Back in the late 70's - early 80's our company made some very large natural gas discoveries in remote offshore parts of the world. The problem was that, unlike oil that can be produced and tankered to markets anywhere, natural gas would require that we build long, expensive pipelines to the nearest shore. Also, the countries nearest to the field usually didn't have much local demand for natural gas.

So, being the owner of a stranded commodity, we got our research lab to develop a processing plant that could convert the gas directly to diesel fuel on site. Since there is always demand for diesel, it could then be tankered to any market. I was always amazed myself at what good process engineers could do with hydrocarbons.
    kwilford likes this.

Thread Information