First Show and Shine
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By jwbavalon
  • 1 Post By tealcarver
  • 1 Post By The Scifi Guy

Thread: First Show and Shine

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

First Show and Shine

Today was the start of my 2019 Show and Shine and Shine Season with the Opel GT. Other years I entered a BMW E30 M3. This event was about 400 mostly muscle cars and street rods but a good selection of "other" cars. I lost out to a '75 Alfa Romeo which was heavily modified with body flares and a Ford V8. It was a nice looking Alfa. I did get a lot of satisfaction with all the positive comments. Opel GT are non-existent in my neck of the woods but there were a number of fans that remembered the Opel GT. Some as owner's, great transmission as I could hit 90mph in 3rd, to the best, "my boy friend had one back in '72 and we had a lot of fun in that Opel and no I did not marry him".

I have 7 more shows which I'm entered in and if the positive response is like this show it was very satisfying.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kwilford; 06-10-2019 at 02:06 AM.
    guyopel, sawdust and kwschumm like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have also entered many car shows, and have never won anything. The saving grace is a little old lady that says she has on parked under a tree. She said she was having trouble finding parts, and when the GT was on the road again, she was going to give it to her granddaughter. I told her about OGTS, so now she knows where to get parts. It's people like her that make me go back again and again. Who knows, I might even get lucky and win something.

Bob
    soybean likes this.
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbavalon View Post
    Today was the start of my 2019 Show and Shine and Shine Season with the Opel GT. Other years I entered a BMW E30 M3. This event was about 400 mostly muscle cars and street rods but a good selection of "other" cars. I lost out to a '75 Alfa Romeo which was heavily modified with body flares and a Ford V8. It was a nice looking Alfa. I did get a lot of satisfaction with all the positive comments. Opel GT are non-existent in my neck of the woods but there were a number of fans that remembered the Opel GT. Some as owner's, great transmission as I could hit 90mph in 3rd, to the best, "my boy friend had one back in '72 and we had a lot of fun in that Opel and no I did not marry him".

I have 7 more shows which I'm entered in and if the positive response is like this show it was very satisfying.
    Nice color on your car. Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Car shows are a great reason to use your car and justify the time and expense to fix it up and/or improve it. Looking at really nicely laid out and flowed wiring and hosing induces you to fix up those sorts of things on your own car. Ditto with bling. If you keep at it and get your car up to car show spec's, pretty soon the trophies start rolling in. You'll know yer schitt don't stink when you go to a show and don't actually enter and compete, you just park there and hang out, 'cuz your car is so badass that it's not fair to the other guys if you win all the time. I like to pick shows that are far away or which are in a town I've never been to before.

Have fun!

soybean likes this.

Thread Information