Throttle linkage
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By tealcarver
  • 2 Post By The Cub

Thread: Throttle linkage

pfj
    Downloads
    Uploads

Throttle linkage

Can someone point me to a good thread on the throttle linkage. Are there bushings for the 2 ball and socket joints? A bushing at the firewall? Other adjustments?

I kept the carpet padding out from behind the pedal. Do folks take out the entire pedal box? The first inch or two of throw is dead. Do you make an adjustment at the fork on the carb?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pfj View Post
    Can someone point me to a good thread on the throttle linkage. Are there bushings for the 2 ball and socket joints? A bushing at the firewall? Other adjustments?

I kept the carpet padding out from behind the pedal. Do folks take out the entire pedal box? The first inch or two of throw is dead. Do you make an adjustment at the fork on the carb?

Thanks
    https://www.opelgt.com/forums/6a-eng...-bushings.html (from the search function on the home page) HTH, Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like bushings to me. Call Gil at OGTS, they will get them to you quickly and because they are polyurethane, I doubt that you will ever have to replace them again. The old ones are about 50 years old, bound to wear out over that period of time. I think this will end all the other problems related to the throttle, I know it fixed mine.

Bob
    soybean and MikeNotigan like this.
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Tom
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your throttle grommets are probably shot as previously mentioned https://www.opelgtsource.com/search?...rottle+grommet
    There’s a small wire clip on the female ball socket that keeps the male ball from the rod from popping out. I’d recommend replacing throttle grommets first then see where you’re at, if those are actually missing that’d be a large part of the problem. Once you find the little are clips the rest is trial and error if you need to further adjust. HTH
    soybean and SoCalOpelGT like this.

Thread Information