GROUP BUY! - Aluminum crankshaft and/or water pump pulley - Page 4
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: GROUP BUY! - Aluminum crankshaft and/or water pump pulley

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opellane View Post
    Ooops Looked like I missed this post after I purchased, Ok bummer No problem...hope you other 18 know this
    I Really Didn't see this Post, missed it. So this new Aluminium Water Pump Pulley will not work with a single Crankshaft pulley"" So this new Aluminium Water Pump Pulley Will Only work with a Stock double pulley or a new Aluminum Double Pulley, and will not work with the the Stock single Crankshaft Pulley "". Is That Correct???"" ?? didn't know this oopps
    I have a stock Opel Double pulley I can probably use with it. I guess this what needed to Run A/C Compressor, or PS Pump,etc.
    I don’t know if it will work with other double groove pulleys, but yes it is designed to line up with the new aluminum double groove pulley’s outer groove as it has a spacer built in to run your alternator belt on the outer groove.
    Check out our Opel restorations at
    www.newvintageauto.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Mike's Opel Shop Site Supporter opellane's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opelspyder View Post
    I don’t know if it will work with other double groove pulleys, but yes it is designed to line up with the new aluminum double groove pulley’s outer groove as it has a spacer built in to run your alternator belt on the outer groove.
    I hope so, that the Stock Double pulley aligns up with the new water pump pulley
    Funny thing is that in Post#41
    First Opel1981 :: states that he has 18 orders crankshaft and 23 Orders Water Pump pulleys,,
    Oh well,, I'll make mine work some how..
    MIKE
    ---------------------------------------------------
    1972 Opel GT, 1969 Opel GT, 1973 MGB,

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opellane View Post
    I hope so, that the Stock Double pulley aligns up with the new water pump pulley
    Funny thing is that in Post#41
    First Opel1981 :: states that he has 18 orders crankshaft and 23 Orders Water Pump pulleys,,
    Oh well,, I'll make mine work some how..
    I don't know why its funny, is it because more orders for the waterpump pulley? The reason would be that many people bought the double groove pulley in the last group buy, and this is the first time that the waterpump pulley has been available for purchase, so those that already have the double groove pulley...now want the pump pulley.
    I had these made for a reason, because I was machining spacers in house for the stamped steel pulleys, only to find that most all of the originals have a bend to them or wobble. It solved a lot of problems just having these made. I now on a stock 2.2 double groove pulley the new pump pulley will line up with it, but I do not know if an old ARA crank pulley will line up
    www.newvintageauto.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Keith, Any update on the production?

Just curious. I'm not pressing.

Thanks
    Opel GTs are not GM products
    ̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶— ̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—
    Humans are not an endangered species!
    ̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶— ̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got word that this Friday is possible. They are being anodized right now
    GoldGT and dpre like this.
    www.newvintageauto.com

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey First Opel 1981, I sent you a PM reference the pulleys

Keep on Opeling rubber side down and shiny side up
    Make a difference and help someone today
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dpre View Post
    Hey First Opel 1981, I sent you a PM reference the pulleys
    Got it. Thanks.

I'll reply soon as I'm still recovering from my computer issues.

The good news is I was able to recover the spreadsheet with everyone's address and that they paid so there's no problems there.

What's really weird is I was able to retrieve files I never had. There were a lot of Excel files that I didn't make. It's possible they come with MS Office as templates or part of the "learning experience".

I still haven't gotten my laptop back to where I need it. It's basic OS right now. This weekend I plan on reinstalling the expensive software and such after I build a home cloud.

As it is I was able to use this setback to get a few upgrades. My laptop now has 1.5TB of SSD and my 3TB backup drive (that will eventually be my cloud) is severed from the 9th circle of hell it's been in for the last 3 years.

I'm also setting up my other two desktops as specialty puters.

AND... I finally set up my SATO label printer to run from two different desktops with both set as shared units so I can print to it from my laptop.

It's been a crazy couple of months for my electrical stuff. I've had to replace my all of my garage LED lights, cell phone, two monitors, redo my laptop software, and last Sunday my vacuum sealer quit. I'm ready for a break from electricity.
    dpre likes this.

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear you are making progress, that can be frustrating. I guess its a world we live in, technology is useful and frustrating
    Looking forward to getting those new pulleys

Dan

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got them!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.newvintageauto.com

Real Name
    Terry
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ah man I saw this way to late maybe I'll catch it on the next batch thank you for doing this for everyone
    If you make it through an entire day and learned nothing you weren't paying attention

Real Name
    Wes Thomas
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Quite the lot. Thank you for doing this.

Wes

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered more to cover my own air kits. Terry if you need one, I have plenty, you just better get on the list with FirstOpel1981 for payment and shipping info.
    www.newvintageauto.com

Real Name
    Eric
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got them!
    When will these be shipping out?

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those look awesome Keith, thanks for for your efforts with this group buy Looking forward to getting them

Dan

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawkjesse33 View Post
    When will these be shipping out?
    As soon as I get all the final order from FO1981 and get payment, I will ship them all to him for further processing
    www.newvintageauto.com

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As soon as I get all the final order from FO1981 and get payment, I will ship them all to him for further processing
    Seems silly to ship mine to Oregon only to come back to Florida...........just sayin'.
    jayhawkjesse33 likes this.
    Jeff

'73 GT,5spd,Recaro,EDIS4 2.2 EFI MegaSqrt, Ali Flywhl w/S10 Clutch, Elec Fan, Roller Rockers, Venolia Pistons, 6 Cyl Intake w/ Custom Injection, 15" Wheels,F&R Sway Bars,2" Exhaust,1" Sport Spring,Koni Reds,Wilwood Brks,3:90 Gears & Gripper LSD,Rear Disks,Ali Radiator,Hse of Colors - Kandy Pagan Gold.
    123 WHP @ 6800 RPM

www.markandson.net

www.gpny.com

'64 VW Ghia '09 S35i BMW Z4
    '15 BMW M4 '11 BMW 335ix '04 Ford F150 SVT Lightning

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldGT View Post
    Seems silly to ship mine to Oregon only to come back to Florida...........just sayin'.
    Jeff, if you want to come up here and pack and ship each individual one, I’m game! Just too much for me to deal with right now. That’s why I was only willing to coordinate having them machined.
    www.newvintageauto.com

Real Name
    Eric
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldGT View Post
    I thought the same thing. We've all already sent payment in for these, so I'm surprised you haven't received any payment yet. Oh well, I guess it is what it is...

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The way we set it up is different than last time. I busted my hump to take all the orders, keep track of them, who paid, who didn’t, then I shipped them out to 30 different places. I don’t care to have them made, as I had to order some inventory anyways, but I’m not interested in shipping and book keeping for another group buy, I don’t have time for that. FirstOpel1981 had volunteered his efforts on doing that part to make it possible. I haven’t received payment yet because we wanted to make sure I got them all so we can do one payment to me, minus your shipping cost. I don’t think it will be a long wait, so please be patient. We are doing this volunteer
    dpre likes this.
    www.newvintageauto.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    To clarify what Keith just said in different words.

"I" organized the group buy. Keith is the agent that I am using to get the production made.
    Keith has, generously, kept in touch with the progress of the order and informed all of the buyers that he's shipping the pulleys to me to distribute.
    His comment that he's waiting for the money (I will Paypal it tomorrow) he will release the pulleys to me for distribution.

Keith isn't wrong about the "work" that goes into the distribution. If not for the fact that it's been part of my career to do shipping, then it would be a small nightmare to handle the distribution. For me it will be a piece of cake compared to the work I have to do with just one of my customers. To comment a little on that one, they present a 25 page set of instructions related to their shipping requirements and "fine" the suppliers if there's a missing "I" dot or a "T" cross. This year, so far, I've completed 117 shipments for them with no infractions.

Anywhoo.... Everything is proceeding according to the original plan.
    Dale .D, kwschumm, dpre and 1 others like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information