GROUP BUY! - Aluminum crankshaft and/or water pump pulley - Page 5
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: GROUP BUY! - Aluminum crankshaft and/or water pump pulley

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cast Double Pulley

This high quality part has been orphaned as a result of this group buy and is now for sale. Any interested parties should probably PM me with their offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercougary View Post
    This high quality part has been orphaned as a result of this group buy and is now for sale.
    Any interested parties should probably PM me with their offer.
    Looks like steel cast pulley from what model Opel, with double groove or single?
    Need more Info.

Real Name
    Terry
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opelspyder View Post
    I ordered more to cover my own air kits. Terry if you need one, I have plenty, you just better get on the list with FirstOpel1981 for payment and shipping info.
    Fantastic Keith I will pm him now Thank You again
    If you make it through an entire day and learned nothing you weren't paying attention

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Looks like steel cast pulley from what model Opel, with double groove or single?
    Need more Info.
    It has double sheaves and PO believed it to have been removed from a Senator.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keith has sent the pulleys my way.

I was hoping to get them today so I could get them all addressed and sent out on Monday. So far I haven't seen them today but I will keep everyone informed when they get here.

My computer woes are solidified enough so it will be a piece of cake to get them all addressed and stuff. Stay tuned for progress.
    Opel GTs are not GM products
    ̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶— ̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—
    Humans are not an endangered species!
    ̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶— ̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They shipped Monday UPS, so it takes 5-6 days to you. So the soonest will be Monday
    First opel 1981 and dpre like this.
    Check out our Opel restorations at
    www.newvintageauto.com

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey First Opel 1981, I'm still waiting for you to respond to my PM so I can finalize details of the purchase with you.
    Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting these two great pulleys

Keep on Opeling rubber side down and shiny side up
    Make a difference and help someone today
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dpre View Post
    Hey First Opel 1981, I'm still waiting for you to respond to my PM so I can finalize details of the purchase with you.
    Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting these two great pulleys
    I was waiting to make sure everyone has their packages addressed. Once those are done I can accept an alternate form of payment.

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I received notification you should receive packages tomorrow
    dpre likes this.
    www.newvintageauto.com

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey First Opel 1981, I sent you a PM, but have not heard back. I had ordered (1) Crank pulley and (1) water pump pulley and paid you $180 through PayPal with anticipation of picking them up in person. However, the pulleys didn't come in when we first thought and now I will have to have you mail them. I will send you the additional $17 through the PayPal account you asked to be sent to making the total $197 as you originally requested. I will include my mailing address in the notes section. Didn't want to make it more complicated for you, I originally wanted to pick up in person and get to meet you. If there is further details about this transaction that I need to be aware of, please let me know. Thanks to you and Keith for making this group buy work out.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dpre View Post
    Hey First Opel 1981, I sent you a PM, but have not heard back. I had ordered (1) Crank pulley and (1) water pump pulley and paid you $180 through PayPal with anticipation of picking them up in person. However, the pulleys didn't come in when we first thought and now I will have to have you mail them. I will send you the additional $17 through the PayPal account you asked to be sent to making the total $197 as you originally requested. I will include my mailing address in the notes section. Didn't want to make it more complicated for you, I originally wanted to pick up in person and get to meet you. If there is further details about this transaction that I need to be aware of, please let me know. Thanks to you and Keith for making this group buy work out.
    Ah, I was thinking the other person. We're good with yours. We can settle the shipping after it's all done. Just PM me your address again.
    Sorry for the confusion. I just skimmed the last post because I'm in the middle of an engine build. Wish it was an Opel but it's a (ugh) Hyundai.
    dpre likes this.

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey no worries as long as you know I ordered one of each. I went ahead and sent you the additional postage with my mailing address to your PayPal account. Yea ugh Hyundai engine

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're here!

Unfortunately it looks like UPS used the big box for soccer practice.
    The boxes sounded like a bunch of giant bolts when I picked them up.
    This is what I saw when I opened the boxes.

It looks like Keith had packed the water pump pulleys pretty well but they got "repacked" through rigorous movement through the shipping process.

As such, there's some slight blemishes to the pulleys. More the water pump pulleys than the crankshaft pulleys.
    The blemishes won't affect the performance and most wouldn't be seen once the pulleys are installed but this needs to be pointed out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Below, I'm highlighting the worst ones. There's nothing I can do about these at this point.

I'm seeking input at this point.

I can start getting them packaged tomorrow evening for shipments. Everything is planned for Priority mail so most would be available for the weekend delivery, I'd think.

Real Name
    Ken
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sucks but I'll take whichever water pump pulley I get as long as it's not bent. No matter how hard I attempt to achieve perfection it never happens anyway.
    dpre and terrylewisac like this.
    Thurston County, WA, effective motto: "Gophers, Gophers Über Alles"

Real Name
    Eric
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that plain sucks, talk about a major bummer. How many were damaged? It's a lot of money to have paid to have damage on brand new parts, especially for having the coating affected.
    guyopel, jmbinjax and dpre like this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawkjesse33 View Post
    Well that plain sucks, talk about a major bummer. How many were damaged? It's a lot of money to have paid to have damage on brand new parts, especially for having the coating affected.
    Almost all of the water pump pulleys have damage in one forum or another. Whether light blemishes or as bad as the ones shown in the pictures.
    The crankshaft pulleys fared much better. They all have light scratching but the scratches are either going to be inside where the pulley touches the distributor gear or under the main crankshaft bolt.
    The seal surface is undamaged.

I will take the worst one for myself and dress the scratched area on my lathe and clear coat the shiny aluminum or give it a second pass of anodizing on the newly machined surfaces to have a two-tone anodized finish.
    dpre likes this.

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I packed them pretty tight, and tried my best to pad and foam them up. Now I did insure the shipments for full value. So if we have to go that route, let me know ASAP. I would say though that most of that will not be seen once installed with the fan.
    www.newvintageauto.com

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that is a bummer especially to see they got unnecessary damage from UPS. I ordered one of each and if the damage is not going to cause any integrity issue when I install them, then I'm good with what I receive. For sure its not Keith or First Opel 1981 fault and that is a nice gesture on your part First Opel 1981 to try and fix the damage.

Dan

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The two boxes sent, I insured the large box for 2000.00. And the 18lbs box for 1300.00. I can file a claim and see what happens, we can put the damaged pulleys in a box and send it back to their claims, or we can figure what all pulleys are damaged and maybe I can send an invoice to UPS to cover those.
    dpre likes this.
    www.newvintageauto.com

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information