Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg!
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg!

Just Some Dude in Jersey The Scifi Guy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads

Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg!

My dream GT!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Karl Senula
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All yours.

Karl

Real Name
    Doug
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where did you find that photo? There used to be a GT that looked like that in Virginia where I used to live.

It was in a small town North of Roanoke.
    soybean, The Scifi Guy and dpre like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Opeler Site Supporter rrossjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ron
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those fins look too small to have come off a 59 Cadillac?
    Perhaps they were chopped down to make this eldorad-opel?
    Not exactly my style, but it looks pretty well done. Hopefully those Dagmars
    really light up.
    soybean, The Scifi Guy and dpre like this.

Real Name
    Lloyd
    Downloads
    Uploads

Location, Location, Location

Quote Originally Posted by Dmcbrass View Post
    Where did you find that photo? There used to be a GT that looked like that in Virginia where I used to live.

It does have Virginia Tags on it, but the mud isn't red so there is still some question where it is. I think whoever did that to a GT should be flogged with a wenner-snitchel

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can see you now Gordo, cruising down the highway in the Batmobile.
    Jarrell
    dpre likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opelnut10 View Post
    It does have Virginia Tags on it, but the mud isn't red so there is still some question where it is. I think whoever did that to a GT should be flogged with a wenner-snitchel
    The air gauge to the right, puts the picture in the early to late 70s. Also the rear photos of it,(note the VW bus and Vw beatle), maybe a Flat Panel Gt? Jarrell
    rrossjr and dpre like this.

Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's from a Facebook Opel Group.

Quote Originally Posted by soybean View Post
    I can see you now Gordo, cruising down the highway in the Batmobile.
    Jarrell
    ME, TOO!!!!!

The air gauge to the right, puts the picture in the early to late 70s. Also the rear photos of it,(note the VW bus and Vw beatle), maybe a Flat Panel Gt? Jarrell
    They're actual photographs, pre-cell phone digital, yeah, probably taken in the 80's, maybe later. That silver station wagon has an 80's/90's modernity to it.

soybean and dpre like this.

Real Name
    Doug
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I knew someone who new the owner. That was back around 2004. The car was still on the road at that time. I was told that the tail fins were off a Caddy. I don’t remember the year. Those plates are the same color and style that was being used when I left Virginia in 2007. Too bad the photos aren’t higher resolution. The tags in the corner will tell you the registration year and a sticker in the corner of the windshield would confirm the county/city.

Do you have a link to the photos?

3000 Post Club Site Supporter P.J. Romano's Avatar
    Real Name
    P.J.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Find the "designer" and burn at the stake. The end of story.
    GTeglman and dpre like this.
    Old racers never die. They just go bench racing.

Real Name
    Gördö
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I knew someone who new the owner. That was back around 2004. The car was still on the road at that time. I was told that the tail fins were off a Caddy. I don’t remember the year. Those plates are the same color and style that was being used when I left Virginia in 2007. Too bad the photos aren’t higher resolution. The tags in the corner will tell you the registration year and a sticker in the corner of the windshield would confirm the county/city.

Do you have a link to the photos?
    I tried to look up the data of the pics, but they only mention the upload date to Facebook. The pics were actually uploaded by Mike Meiers. I/we may have posted pics of this car here years ago, I remember a thread about tail fins and myself googling pics of cars with tail fins. I did it again this time, too. I ran across the same pics, here's some......

tail fins 1959-cadillac.jpg tail fins 488521.jpg

Real Name
    Anders Teglman
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why why why why is our beloved GT subject to such molestation? It's a abomination, and who ever did it must have been smoking some serious grass, and I would like to choke him / her!

I have never ever meet a owner of eg. a Lancia Fulvia Coupe or a Alfa Rome Gulia Berlina that have done similar hideous bodywork or "modifications" to their precious cars, and at least in Europe those cars are price-wise in the same range as a Opel GT.

I am very well aware that the above makes me sound like a old grumpy fart, but a Opel GT is IMO such a pretty little car as it stands..- and this one I really really hate! (no offense Gordo).

Cheers

Opel Rallier since 1977
    Downloads
    Uploads

What town was that? I grew up just west of Roanoke.
    soybean likes this.

Real Name
    Doug
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Manta Rallier View Post
    What town was that? I grew up just west of Roanoke.
    Covington
    soybean likes this.

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Covington
    Wow!! A small world indeed. My son used to play in a band "NexFaze" out of the Danville area. We used to go to Covington, to play the Outdoor Pavillion, for the Steel Workers and their Annual Festivities. The lead singer was from Covington. His name was Jeff Craft. He had a lot of kin people still there in Covington. A very pretty place it is too. Take care, Jarrell

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In the last picture there is an old school air pump with meter. My guess is 1983. Maybe someone can find out what year used a green sticker. I have some personalized plates from VA with a blue decal for 1986
    soybean likes this.
    Check out our Opel restorations at
    www.newvintageauto.com

2000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GTeglman View Post
    Why why why why is our beloved GT subject to such molestation? It's a abomination, and who ever did it must have been smoking some serious grass, and I would like to choke him / her!

I have never ever meet a owner of eg. a Lancia Fulvia Coupe or a Alfa Rome Gulia Berlina that have done similar hideous bodywork or "modifications" to their precious cars, and at least in Europe those cars are price-wise in the same range as a Opel GT.

I am very well aware that the above makes me sound like a old grumpy fart, but a Opel GT is IMO such a pretty little car as it stands..- and this one I really really hate! (no offense Gordo).

Cheers
    Yes you do! My own PERSONAL feelings are that if you called MY CAR "PRETTY" (or even worse - CUTE) I would have to break your nose!
    (If you are bigger, stronger, a gang member, etc, I do apologize!)

If Cadillac had designed the GT in the late 50's, it would have had fins! Damn near everything did! These are actually less than than 1/2 size (first impression was it was just the part above the tail lights, which should have been 4 red ones (just like the GT SHOULD have used))! A second look convinced me that the length was also reduced from Cadillac size.

Do I like this car? NO! But, I do like the hood (bonnet?). However, with the scoop but it should have been extended forward and used the "nostrils" from the GT (which would mean that those were removed)!

I am NOT a purist! I was offered a chance to suggest modifications to the USAF P-51 Mustang of WW2. I worked for the company that designed and built that aircraft (before I was born) and I have always thought that it was(is) the best fighter of its type in the world, perfect! But when I was asked what I would change on an already modified Unlimited Racing version https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo_(aircraft) . I wasn't too sure I wanted to modify the most perfect airplane in the world, but as I walked around it I did find a few things I would change! There was a valid reason to change and I suggested some changes! My feeling about cars is the same, but I also believe that one valid reason to change MY car is because I don't like something about it!

Enough said! And I didn't really mean I would break your nose (unless I thought it needed it!).

Doug

Real Name
    Anders Teglman
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by slracer View Post
    Yes you do! My own PERSONAL feelings are that if you called MY CAR "PRETTY" (or even worse - CUTE) I would have to break your nose!
    (If you are bigger, stronger, a gang member, etc, I do apologize!)

If Cadillac had designed the GT in the late 50's, it would have had fins! Damn near everything did! These are actually less than than 1/2 size (first impression was it was just the part above the tail lights, which should have been 4 red ones (just like the GT SHOULD have used))! A second look convinced me that the length was also reduced from Cadillac size.

Do I like this car? NO! But, I do like the hood (bonnet?). However, with the scoop but it should have been extended forward and used the "nostrils" from the GT (which would mean that those were removed)!

I am NOT a purist! I was offered a chance to suggest modifications to the USAF P-51 Mustang of WW2. I worked for the company that designed and built that aircraft (before I was born) and I have always thought that it was(is) the best fighter of its type in the world, perfect! But when I was asked what I would change on an already modified Unlimited Racing version https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo_(aircraft) . I wasn't too sure I wanted to modify the most perfect airplane in the world, but as I walked around it I did find a few things I would change! There was a valid reason to change and I suggested some changes! My feeling about cars is the same, but I also believe that one valid reason to change MY car is because I don't like something about it!

Enough said! And I didn't really mean I would break your nose (unless I thought it needed it!).

Doug
    Doug,

I'll call you Susan, describe your car as sweet, and take you up on the fist fight challenge should you ever find yourself in the Copenhagen (DK) area I'm not big strong or gang related, but I'm fat and furious, and when it comes to such horrid body modifications on whatever classic car I just go ape.

I'm not a honorable member of "Der Original Polizei" (purist), because then I would have to ditch my 2.0S engine and Getrag 240, and I won't! But some of the creations the Opel GT have been subject to is just beyond belief in the worst way possible.

"Oi, My AC Cobra needs some modifications"! "I think I'll mount some fins at the rear, a cat litter tray for fun, and some cow horns at the front, because I'm from Texas", (sorry Texas members). You just don't

Valid or not, you can of course do whatever you like to your car, and if it makes you a happy camper I respect that, but be prepared for my honest opinion if you ask me if I fancy or not..- and in this case I clearly think the owner went overboard and would be better off in a stray jacket.

Cheers
    Gary, soybean, P.J. Romano and 2 others like this.

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GTeglman View Post
    Doug,

I'll call you Susan, describe your car as sweet, and take you up on the fist fight challenge should you ever find yourself in the Copenhagen (DK) area I'm not big strong or gang related, but I'm fat and furious, and when it comes to such horrid body modifications on whatever classic car I just go ape.

I'm not a honorable member of "Der Original Polizei" (purist), because then I would have to ditch my 2.0S engine and Getrag 240, and I won't! But some of the creations the Opel GT have been subject to is just beyond belief in the worst way possible.

"Oi, My AC Cobra needs some modifications"! "I think I'll mount some fins at the rear, a cat litter tray for fun, and some cow horns at the front, because I'm from Texas", (sorry Texas members). You just don't

Valid or not, you can of course do whatever you like to your car, and if it makes you a happy camper I respect that, but be prepared for my honest opinion if you ask me if I fancy or not..- and in this case I clearly think the owner went overboard and would be better off in a stray jacket.

Cheers
    Well, I'm not going to Denmark anytime soon. I have to agree with Anders, I enjoy the simple mods I have done to mine. slracer, that was a good write up about the Mustang. You learn something new every day, if you do pay attention to others. Jarrell
    GTeglman and dpre like this.

Real Name
    Anders Teglman
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I'm not going to Denmark anytime soon. I have to agree with Anders, I enjoy the simple mods I have done to mine. slracer, that was a good write up about the Mustang. You learn something new every day, if you do pay attention to others. Jarrell
    Jarell,

I'll welcome you should you ever decide to pay Denmark a visit, and since you agree with me there will be no fist fighting, but only beers and driving on twisty b-roads (maybe not in that order, though), and we can go on tracks where you do not only turn left

Cheers

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information