RallyBob Needs a Computer & Digital Camera
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RallyBob Needs a Computer & Digital Camera

Member 1000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads

ExclamationRallyBob Needs a Computer & Digital Camera

Quote Originally Posted by RallyBob View Post
    Nope. I still don't have a new digital camera. And very soon, once my family sells their business, I won't access to a computer anymore either, not until I can afford to buy a new one. So you won't hear from me for a few months at least I think.Bob
    Someone, please ship your old computer and digital camera to Bob, ASAP. We can let Bob go without access to this great site, what will he ever do with ALL that free time?!?!

Actually, what will become of this site without Bob's contributions.......:banghead:
    Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

tomking
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Bob, I have an HP Pavillion I replaced. It works fine, until it decides it wants to lock up. so then you have to turn it off and restart. It was frustrating as hell so I finally got a dell. You can have it for the shipping if you want it. Lets see what excuse he gives us NOW for dissappearing from us for months!
    TMK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope. I still don't have a new digital camera. And very soon, once my family sells their business, I won't access to a computer anymore either, not until I can afford to buy a new one. So you won't hear from me for a few months at least I think.

Bob

no-no-no this can't be,
    padawan needs master Jedi,
    or must travel accross the pond!
    Hiro

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Project 1450 supporter... Site Supporter RallyBob's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    We can let Bob go without access to this great site, what will he ever do with ALL that free time?!?!
    Uh, hopefully get s**t done to his own cars for once!

Actually, what will become of this site without Bob's contributions.......:banghead:
    It will do just fine...plenty of smart folks on here, some are just quiet that's all. I just gave the site a kick in the butt a few years back, it will go on without me!

Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tomking View Post
    Hey Bob, I have an HP Pavillion I replaced. It works fine, until it decides it wants to lock up. so then you have to turn it off and restart. It was frustrating as hell so I finally got a dell. You can have it for the shipping if you want it. Lets see what excuse he gives us NOW for dissappearing from us for months!
    Well, the other problem, besides lack of a suitable computer at home, is I only have dial-up where I live. Getting wired for high speed is expensive, since I'd need to physically get it wired to my house. See what happens when you live in the woods? I'm spoiled at the 'shop' because they have two huge in-house servers and two full time experts to keep the office computers running smooth (about 60 people's worth). Me, I don't know crap about PC's, don't really want to know (plenty of other stuff to clutter my mind with), and most likely won't learn. Anytime I work on my own PC bad things happen!

I still never figured out how to get all those old digital pics out of my old PC, I've got over 7000 of them in there that are probably locked away forever! I probably have 10 photos that have never been seen for every photo I've posted on here since 2002.

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

I still never figured out how to get all those old digital pics out of my old PC, I've got over 7000 of them in there that are probably locked away forever! I probably have 10 photos that have never been seen for every photo I've posted on here since 2002.

Bob

Bob I have a suggestion about your 7,000 pics:
    Send them to me by email as usual,
    70-100 pics per day is easy then we're finished in a few weeks.
    I can store the pics on my hosting and/or make a folder linked to your webpage @ Retro Racing Opel Club
    This way you can access to your pics anytime just in case something bad happens to your PC,
    Remember computers crash much more frequently than race CIH...
    HTH,
    Hiro
    ps: of course burning a couple of CD would be faster & easier if your old PC is equipped?

Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    Bob I have a suggestion about your 7,000 pics:
    Send them to me by email as usual,
    70-100 pics per day is easy then we're finished in a few weeks.
    I have a dilemna however, my computer at home is so very slow, it takes approximately 15 minutes to 'load' 10 pictures in order to send them.

ps: of course burning a couple of CD would be faster & easier if your old PC is equipped?
    It is not equipped with such a device. Everything is broken on it. I can't even back up any files on it with a normal disc.

I have heard you can get an external drive and load the files into this, is that correct? If so, I would have a place to store all this info...not just photos but years of engine 'recipes', cam specifications, suspension calibrations, and other information regarding Opels.

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard you can get an external drive and load the files into this, is that correct? If so, I would have a place to store all this info...not just photos but years of engine 'recipes', cam specifications, suspension calibrations, and other information regarding Opels.

Bob

I was just going to mention this, external hard drives are great. Though if you get one read the directions very carefully, certain ehd's had problems with file corruption if the transfer is interrupted or stopped. This is about the best game in town Buy External Hard Drive, USB Hard Drive, Portable Hard Drive at Newegg.com
    1970 Opel GT 1.9
    1980 Moto Guzzi V50
    2000 Saab 9-3 2.0 turbo
    2000 KTM 200 exc STOLEN

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just thinking about Bob's old computer, it may not have a USB port, although that is unlikely. I have 3 external drives, an old 230 MB Syquest EZ Flyer, here in the garage, a 80 Gb laptop hard drive I put in a case with USB connection for the house computer, and a Western Digital 250 GB external USB for Margaret's P4 Sony Vaio, so she can keep a copy of her websites. Once the external hard drive is installed, you just use "My Computer" or "Explore" Then drag and drop files from one drive to another. If you have Cable TV Bob, the possibility of getting high speed internet access and phone service in a bundled package may be a viable option. DSL also has that option, but uses a dish network for TV. Another option could be ISDN which is faster than standard dial-up, but requires digital phone lines to your house. I use that system as a backup here. But you have to have a provider with ISDN capabilities. Working on computers is actually easier than working on cars, there's no actual tweaking involved, most of it is just remove and replace components, loaad the software and you're done, hopefully.

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bob
    Aw, just bring the PC Sunday and I'll uploaded everything (well almost everything) to a private folder on this server. (We'd have to be careful about the "Family Guy" files. Wouldn't want to upset Samdog!)

Have Opel, Will Travel oldopelguy's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

ah, word

PM me your address again, Bob, and we'll get a shiny new 'puter on it's way....
    Lots of Opels, for a long time.

Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    I was just going to mention this, external hard drives are great. Though if you get one read the directions very carefully, certain ehd's had problems with file corruption if the transfer is interrupted or stopped. This is about the best game in town Buy External Hard Drive, USB Hard Drive, Portable Hard Drive at Newegg.com
    They're certainly cheap enough. Problem is, I won't order anything over the 'net, I know too many people who've had personal info stolen. I'll have to find something locally.

Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by namba209 View Post
    If you have Cable TV Bob, the possibility of getting high speed internet access and phone service in a bundled package may be a viable option. DSL also has that option, but uses a dish network for TV. Another option could be ISDN which is faster than standard dial-up, but requires digital phone lines to your house.

I have cable to my house, but the cable company still told me they'd need to run new lines...don't know why.
    No satellite either, I live at the bottom of a valley, and there's zero GPS reception, and minimal cellphone reception. Satellite TV doesn't work here at all.
    Seeing as I'm at the 'end of the line' (last house on the road, after that just state forest), I doubt they'd run digital phone lines just for me!

The price you pay for 'getting away from it all'. On the other hand, I can go rafting, tubing, fishing or swimming in the river 50 feet away, or go rock climbing in my backyard, or hike the 900 acres behind my house any time I want.

Late night vehicle testing is, uh, generally accepted by the neighbors too, as they tend to be of the fuzzy 4-legged variety.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bob,

Call me tomorrow, I have the answers to all of your data storage needs. Having cable dropped isn't as expensive as it sounds (how long of a run are we talking?). Anyways, call me any time tomorrow.

By the way, Newegg is the vendor of choice for all of my online PC needs.

I think we need to split this thread as it has perfectly zero to do with Intake Porting (but don't nuke it yet as there is still some value).
    Keep it Blitzed

Downloads
    Uploads

Bob
    yes I've been doing this to my old PC too,
    external hard disks work great & are cheap now,
    portable device so you can easily download the content on another PC just like a big USB key.
    I suggest you do this fast Bob before your PC crashes,
    recovering data on a crashed computer is expensive and never complete.
    Hiro

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bob, you can go to your local "Wally World" and get a Western Digital External Hard drive 159 Gigs for about $130. It's called "My Book". Cheap insurance in case of a massive computer failure. I know that one first hand.:banghead:
    Luckily, everything was backed up to it, so it was just a matter of restoring the files to the computer once it was fixed. Hth, Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Member 1000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Everytime I've had a computer die, I just install the hard drive from the old computer as a second drive in the new computer. Problem solved. All of the files can be accessed...

Bob, you shold get one of the computer experts at your family's business to "fix" your home computer... while you still have access...
    Paul

Cunning Linguist Site Supporter tekenaar's Avatar
    Real Name
    Otto
    Downloads
    Uploads

QuestionComputer for Bob

Quote Originally Posted by tomking View Post
    Tom,
    While you were having this problem, did you ever replace the power supply? Sounds like a classic case of power supply going "south" . . . and not just for the winter!

1960: '61 Rekord PII 1.7 3S 3.9 '69 Kadett LS 'sprint' 1.9 3A 3.18
    1970: '70 GT 1.9 4S 3.44 '72 GT 2.2SSD 5S 3.44 '72 GT 2.4FI 5S 3.44P
    1970: '73 GT 1.9FI 4S 3.44 '75 1900 1.9FI 4S 3.44
    1980: '85 Bitter SC 3.9FI 5S 3.44P
    2000: '09 Solstice GXP Coupe 2.0 SIDI VVT "Stage 2" Turbo 5S 3.73P

"De inimico non tantum loquaris male, sed cogites."

tomking
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Three weeks after I purchased it new I sent it back to HP. They didnt find anything wrong and returned it. The POS continued to do it for the next two years until I got fed up and swore off HP and bought a dell. No I didnt check the PS.
    TMK

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have so much computer stuff to make like five computer but I dont have any that work that I could send out to anyone but if you ever need anything you all can have it as long as you pay shipping I have to get rid of some of the stuff anyways.
    Last edited by tekenaar; 06-14-2007 at 08:39 PM. Reason: one word: anyone, anything
    IT MY WORLD, COREYS WORLD Official EX-PREDIENT of the MWTE! © Mr. Corey Suggs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information