Opel Sightings - Page 2
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Opel Sightings

Downloads
    Uploads
    John Curzi lives in Concord,CA. he also works at a German Auto shop. he is a fine mechanic.
    Arguing online is the same as racing in the Special Olympics;
    no matter who wins, you're both still retarded.

1971 GT (Opelwasp)
    1974 Manta A (Polizei)
    2001 Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4 Quad Cab
    2006 Suzuki SV650S
    2009 Chevy Impala LT
    2015 Dodge Charger SE

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Today I found the blue one I heard might be for sale. The one that comes with lots of parts and a V-8 kit. Was told the for sale rumor was absolutely untrue. This guy seemed to still have every car he ever owned, the junk row started in the fifties.
    He bought the GT new when he was in the service. His kids have dibs on it but they can't find the keys. The doors are locked, it was parked in the row fifteen years ago.
    It looks all there. Paint is faded and peeling but no serious dings.
    That is now seven GT's I know of here in Kalispell, MT, including my two, which don't really count since one is a race car and the other is spare parts...

BDD
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opel in movie

I was watching part of Annie Hall a few weeks ago on T.V. and thought that I saw a "rallye gold" colored Manta Rallye that they walked by. It was in a scene just after Diane Keaton had sung a song.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Opeler Site Supporter rrossjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ron
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opel Manta in NW Indianapolis

Saw a nice little bronze Opel Manta today at lunch.
    I haven't seen it around before. One of you guys passing through da hood?
    Ron in Indy

Real Name
    Rick
    Downloads
    Uploads

QuestionKadett in "Carrie" ?

I was flipping through channels and stopped at the Stephen King movie "Carrie" last week, and although I wasn't paying close attention,
    I think a Kadett is next to the car that Carrie and her date arrive in for
    the prom.

Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

Opel pride

since the topic is up...has anyone seen any other old movies with an opel gt in it? i'd love to have a movie with a gt scene in it even if its just a small role like a gt pullin out of a gas station or somthn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Owned a lot of GT's but never had a 1973. Apparently they dropped the GT emblems from the front fenders that year, based on the pictures of the untitled red one. True? Also about 5 years ago in Illinois their was a dealer here that had an untitled Opel GT( it was in the antique and classic car magazine, shown up on a dealer's display ramp). Seems to me I had called on it, and he said even though it was brand new, all of the rubber needed replacing, and the paint was faed some. Go figure.

baz
    Real Name
    barry williams
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt M240Z
    since the topic is up...has anyone seen any other old movies with an opel gt in it? i'd love to have a movie with a gt scene in it even if its just a small role like a gt pullin out of a gas station or somthn
    omega man -- chuck heston goes into a show room to steal a car and theres a gt in the show room
    An Eagle may fly high but a Weasel doesnt get sucked into a jet engine.

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably one of the best, or longest scenes in a movie, somewhat involving a GT is the original 1974 sleeper hit "Gone in 60 Seconds" Directed, written, starred, and stunt driven by H.B. Halacki. It was later remade starring Nicolas Cage, but, no GT's were in it.
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Real Name
    Jared
    Downloads
    Uploads
    since i was very young my dad had always tried explaining what a opel gt was, all he could come up with "miniture corvette with frog-eyes". we were watching this movie on TNT one night, maybe was 6 or 7, and he come back from the bathroom and seen the last glimpse of it, "THERES AN OPEL BUB!!!" but i still missed it and went without seeing one until my internet days.
    previousely owned 8 GTs and 1 manta.

currently own

92 25th anniversary Z28. Ttop, leather, 370CI LSx T56 swap
    407 RWHP, 391 RWTQ, 11.74 @ 121

67 chevy sportvan deluxe....next in line.

73 chevy K-10- plow truck

71 GT, 1.9 4speed

2007 chevy silverado 1500, crewcab, loaded, Canadian limited edition GFX package Daily driver

baz
    Real Name
    barry williams
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BQS4
    Probably one of the best, or longest scenes in a movie, somewhat involving a GT is the original 1974 sleeper hit "Gone in 60 Seconds" Directed, written, starred, and stunt driven by H.B. Halacki. It was later remade starring Nicolas Cage, but, no GT's were in it.
    now gene dont go telling porkys theres no acting in either of the gone films
    An Eagle may fly high but a Weasel doesnt get sucked into a jet engine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I remember correctly, there is a GT (green one, I think) in the Woodstock movie. It was driving slow thru a crowd.
    "No, it's not fiberglass."
    "No, the motor is not in the back."
    "No, your friend in high school did not 'peg' his speedometer."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Meguiar's "Car Crazy" just showed us two GTs, and read a letter from a GT owner about compliments he received from a Porshe owner. One GT they pictured was a fixer upper, another was a real nice looking off-white one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are 2 opel gt's here in roanoke VA that I know about. One is a parts car and the other is in the primer stage. Last time I checked they were sitting
    at a body shop yard. The owner had the nicer one in paper for 2,500.00 but to me it was over priced. Interior was poor, and body work not that great. I didn't see the milage or hear it run, but to me it was worth about 1250.00.

There is also one in a Bradenton Fl salvage yard. It has been sitting for like 10 years now. The owner has title and said he would take 450 for it. The one bad thing, and this is a biggy is it had a sunroof. Yes had, so it has been rained in for many years and baked in the Florida sun.

Lurker of the Opel Forums jmowens's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Huntsville AL area

There is a red GT in the Gurley area (actually Big M) for anyone who knows. It was parked for the last 3-4 months - thought they had given up on it. Wanted several times to stop and see if they wanted to part with it - but lack of $ stopped me. I noticed 2 Sundays ago that they have it back up in the driveway, looks like it may be running again. Tarp in the driver's side window tells me must be missing some glass. Does this one belong to anyone on this site?

Also - when I was about 15 (15 years ago) and I had my '73 GT, my dad took me to see a guy - I think in Madison (outskirts of Huntsville) who had an amazing number of GT's in various states... probably 10-15 of them total. Neither of us can remember who or where, though. So if you are on the site, even thought I can't find the dough to by myself one now, it would be nice to look at some close up .
    Michael Owens
    "I wish I'd never sold my '73 GT"

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    jmowens;
    The guy's name is Marc Whitfield, he actually lives in Ardmore, AL but, has the farm in Madison. The last I spoke to him, he still had a lot of GTs left. I can't vouch for the shape they're in.
    Gene
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads

Huntsville, AL

jmowens - Off topic but, is there a bottled water company in the Huntsville area? The company I work for is based out of Huntsville and I'm looking for a bottle of "Huntsville Water" for a gag gift.

PM me if there is.

BTW, I may be heading down there for some training in a few months.

Real Name
    Rick
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Huntsville Water" for a gag
    Hey Gary ........
    That's a bit harsh, isn't it ?

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

yellow restored gt..AWESOME in KC MO

craig, a friend, spotted a gt in for repairs at a local shop not far from my work.

it was a few miles from work,

it is possibly one of the nicest gts I have ever seen.

electric windows! interior /exterior/engine bay/new paint/its a 73 with BMW wheels..i will try to get some photos tomorrow. i left my card on his car..i will try to get him to this site
    Celeste: 1917cc ,Getrag ,Big valves,ported,ISKY cam on solids,Opel forged rods,9.52 compression,total seal gapless,oil dam,RB gasket mod., DCOE side drafts,sprint,pertronix,SACHS clutch,OGTS & Kadette sway bars,no oil leaks. Big brakes. Avatars Photos Carlisle 2010 by Jennie V.Thank you's to Bruce Butler and Gabe Sanchez

Driven twice to Carlisle 2,351 miles RT successfully, broke down on first trip

ben
    Downloads
    Uploads

gt

hey maxwell smart drive one you in the get smart sitcom with 99
    Opeler Forever,
    Ben

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information