Opel Sightings - Page 3
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Opel Sightings

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spotted a GT in Canton, MS about a year ago on Hwy 51 while I was moving to tupelo.

Also in the movies - a gt toward the end of Gumball Rally during the scene with the two girls in the porsche, in LA, while they were being followed by the motorcycle cops.

Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BQS4
    jmowens;
    The guy's name is Marc Whitfield, he actually lives in Ardmore, AL but, has the farm in Madison. The last I spoke to him, he still had a lot of GTs left. I can't vouch for the shape they're in.
    Gene
    Yup I've met him too. He helped me out when I was living in Alabama and the rear end went out in my GT. Went up to his house and swapped it out in his driveway. He was a nice guy, I wanted to see if he would part with any of the GT's he had left but he never responded to the emails I sent.
    Chris
    Loveland, Ohio

Downloads
    Uploads
    i know of a gt just sitting in a guys garage in ohio by me. he doesnt even move it. u can see it from the highway.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

the pink prowler

My brother is all stoked for opels since I got my gt, so he calls me whailing over these two young girlies in a pink GT with a Pink Panther bobbling in the rear window... thaught that was pretty comical!! Anyone know this car?? would be cool to rev up next to em though..

OpelGT.com Übermoderator kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmerk
    My brother is all stoked for opels since I got my gt, so he calls me whailing over these two young girlies in a pink GT with a Pink Panther bobbling in the rear window... thaught that was pretty comical!! Anyone know this car?? would be cool to rev up next to em though..
    Sounds like Dale Chaudiere's daughter Ashley and maybe one of her friends. They live somewhere near Tacoma WA I believe. Did it have the headlights up and were there eye-lashes?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keith Wilford
    Finishing up a bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT; next up is my 28,000 mile Garage Find GT, stored since 1975, which needs a LOT of love...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilford
    Sounds like Dale Chaudiere's daughter Ashley and maybe one of her friends. They live somewhere near Tacoma WA I believe. Did it have the headlights up and were there eye-lashes?
    I showed my girlfriend a picture of that car a few weeks ago and now she HAS to have one.
    Chris
    Loveland, Ohio

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

unknown opeler in kc

he seems to have the bug. i admired his 73 gt.

sweet ,isnt it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Celeste: 1917cc ,Getrag ,Big valves,ported,ISKY cam on solids,Opel forged rods,9.52 compression,total seal gapless,oil dam,RB gasket mod., DCOE side drafts,sprint,pertronix,SACHS clutch,OGTS & Kadette sway bars,no oil leaks. Big brakes. Avatars Photos Carlisle 2010 by Jennie V.Thank you's to Bruce Butler and Gabe Sanchez

Driven twice to Carlisle 2,351 miles RT successfully, broke down on first trip

Opel Junkie
    Downloads
    Uploads

where did you see it?

is this someone we know in our area?? i have never seen this car, unless it is the on i used to see in shawnee.
    GM products are not Opels!

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

repair shop

Mike: It was across the street from Rosedale BBQ on SW blvd in KC MO, at a car reapir shop
    Celeste: 1917cc ,Getrag ,Big valves,ported,ISKY cam on solids,Opel forged rods,9.52 compression,total seal gapless,oil dam,RB gasket mod., DCOE side drafts,sprint,pertronix,SACHS clutch,OGTS & Kadette sway bars,no oil leaks. Big brakes. Avatars Photos Carlisle 2010 by Jennie V.Thank you's to Bruce Butler and Gabe Sanchez

Driven twice to Carlisle 2,351 miles RT successfully, broke down on first trip

Downloads
    Uploads

Smileyellow gt

I spotted a yellow gt on water st. today.Downtown santa cruz Ca.
    I also know of one in a guy's back yard.(not running).
    I did my first road trip last weekend to half moon bay.It was flawless.

Downloads
    Uploads

New Castle, Delaware

Anyone own a Yellow GT in New Castle, DE?

My son spotted one today while working.
    50 years and counting. GT back on the Road 10/21/2014!

Downloads
    Uploads

mountain gt

On my way home from long beach, and saw a purplish GT sitting off of hwy 8.. in the middle of the mountains!! definentally a much nicer mountain rig than some old turd truck the girl friend got a kick out of it too!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    What color is ur opel i Drive thru long beach about once or twice every couple of weeks ive never seen any gts around that area.
    SGT Juneau

Downloads
    Uploads
    is there anyone on here that has a bright yelolow gt in almost prestine condition thats located in el segundo? a buddy of mine spotted this one and was wondering what year it was?
    SGT Juneau

Downloads
    Uploads

Pedro and Long Beach Sightings

I live in San Pedro (part of the LA harbor) and there are a few in town.

Theres a yellow GT (really nice) that was parked on pacific blvd for a while (found out that the owner has passed away and the car is now gone).

Theres a blue manta with double shelby type white stripes - I have heard that this owner actually has a garage full of others.

Last sunday (6/26/05) I saw a really straight orange GT turn into the parking structure of a high rise on Ocean Blvd in Long Beach. Right across from the Trade Center. I think it actually had the tail strip on it.

On Harbor Blvd theres a West Marine and one of the Security Guards has Opels, and sometimes drives a Maroon Kadette (a beater but an Opel just the same).

And then theres PVcar, but I dont think he ever comes to Pedro!

Downloads
    Uploads
    yah i live in lomita but i manly reside in palos verdes torrance area im caught in pedro when i drive across western from pv to torrance but i usually dont drive around pedro alot, but ill keep my eye out i was actually in long beach over on ocean but it was the first week of last month was at the westing they liked my car so much they parked it in front of the hotel.
    SGT Juneau

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There was a red Gt that was always at the 76 Union gas station on Silver Spur In PV, or actually Rolling Hills Estates. The owner worked there. I saw that car about 3 months ago and it motivated me to buy an Opel Gt again. I now drive mine around PV, Torrance and Redondo Beach. I will be putting new rims and tires on the car next Saturday in Torrance. I cant wait..

Don

Downloads
    Uploads
    that is my car i used to work there till they shut down the 76 station several months ago, havent seen urs running around yet but ive heard talk of one running around in pv so i new there was one out there, well just keep up the work on it and itll be sweet and everyone will stop you and ask what it is or how u got it, well gotta run in costa rica.
    SGT Juneau

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was reading the posts tonight and Jay Leno was on (11.25 EST 7-7-05) and lo and behold the band that was playing outside had a Red Opel Gt to the left side of the screen. Don't know what time he comes on out in the different time zones, but they pan over the car 2 or 3 times. Almost thought it was a Z until I saw the front bumper twice. It was a Gt. Anyone here on the boards car? Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Downloads
    Uploads
    grrr, i watch that show almost every night, but i missed it tonight... stupid brother and his video games

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information