Opel Sightings - Page 5
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Opel Sightings

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wayne is 60 miles from Carlisle.

Jeff I'm all ears, please give any details about a silver GT being found in the rocky mountain area. 0y07nc3050299 is still one of my favorites and just to know it survived would warm me up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opel GT on the news

This morning on one of the TV news shows they showed a clip of Get Smart, to tell of Don Adams AKA Maxwell Smarts death. Part of the clip they showed was Maxwell parking next to a curb in his GT, getting out and walking up the stairs.
    Very cool to see a GT on TV but a sad day for fans everywhere.

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very sad day indeed. That was one of the best shows on TV. The news I watched didn't have the GT, they showed him getting out of a VW Karmen-Ghia. He drove 3 cars in his show, "Would you believe" an Opel GT, Karmen-Ghia, and Sunbeam Tiger.

Jeff
    1972 Opel GT, Owner since 1983
    2001 Saab 9-5 SE 3.0 Turbo V6 Weeeeeeeeeee!!!
    1973 GT, Parted out, R.I.P.
    1968 Kadett, Owner since 2006, Sold, 28 June 2008

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Jeff;
    From what I hear, Don Adams kept the Sunbeam for himself.
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was sad to see Don Adams had passed. I use to watch Get Smart when I was a kid and always wanted to talk into my shoe as well. Sometimes I did. What a smell that was. Needless to say, I didn't do it too many times.

I, too, saw the clip of him getting out of the Opel and made it known to my wife, who was sitting next to me, what I had just seen (not that she couldn't see it for herself. After all, she was sitting right there beside me).

What other shows (TV and movies) have the Opels been a part of?

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember in the movie "The day after", which was about the U.S. and Russia finally pushing the button, and on the interstate was an Opel Manta.

The movie dates back to approx 1983-84.

BQS4, My brother has a '63 Sunbeam Alpine which is undergoing a V6 trasnplant. So if we can get Jeff(markandson)owner of a Karmen-Ghia, myself, GT and my brother Sunbeam together, we can have a Get Smart reunion

Does anyone know if the Get Smart shows are on DVD?

Downloads
    Uploads

GT for sale

I just spotted a GT for sale at a autowrecker place down the road from me(Prunedale, CA Peninsula autowreckers so of course I stopped to check it out. I believe it to be 71 or 72, not sure however. The body is fair but needs some work, interior shot to hell, does not run but looks to be almost all there the head is sitting in the passenger seat along with the air cleaner and various other parts. This car would be a complete restore or parts car. Looks to have been sitting in the weeds for about 5-10 years but surprisingly in decent shape for a resto job. Anyway I dont need it so I figured I could pass it along. They will let it go very cheap. If anybody is interested I will happily assist them. IM or E-mail me .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jeff I'm all ears, please give any details about a silver GT being found in the rocky mountain area. 0y07nc3050299 is still one of my favorites and just to know it survived would warm me up.
    Dave, by asking around I discover the GT seen at a local car show is owned by a Kalispell police officer named Ortiz, I recognize the name but don't know him. But I will look him up and check out his car if possible. And of course invite him to gt.com!
    Last edited by Gary; 10-02-2005 at 11:36 PM.

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My son went to a birthday party(he's 5) and in his goody bag was a Lotus Elise matchbox car. Does that count as a sighting?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jlthunder
    My son went to a birthday party(he's 5) and in his goody bag was a Lotus Elise matchbox car. Does that count as a sighting?

Real Nice Jeff! Did you take his candy too?!
    50 years and counting. GT back on the Road 10/21/2014!

Real Name
    Jeff
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Marc;

Well my parents got my son a yellow Opel Speedster Model(Maisto) and he won't let me play with it. Let's see if he will let me play with this one. I didn't take his candy, that is what Halloween is for

Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

GT in Hot Rod Magazine

The December issue covers recent Bonneville activity, on page 104 is a sharp Opel GT being hauled on a flatbed truck. By looking at the sign on the truck's door with a magnifying glass, I could make out "Black Opel Racing".
    A search at Google turned up an interesting page, sorry for some reason it won't upload here, responds as "invalid file". Anyhow, it is a beautiful car, is from BC Canada, runs in the 170 mph range. Really cool!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the link!
    http://www.blackopel.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

Olive Branch, MS

I saw a lime green 70 or 71 GT under a lawyers carport. Talked to him and has a buyer but has not come through yet. Has not run in 10 years and has been sitting there for 5 years. I've lived here for 15 and this is the first i've seen it. Just waiting and waiting and waiting. Will definately be a rebuilder, in better shape than a parts car.

Question: How popular was the Gold paint with black interior. My '69 is this color combo.

Bo
    Buy it. Build it. :banghead: Drive it. The rest is easy.

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

discovery of opelers in KC MO

I was following a lead on an old manta. The owner also has a Record.. 3 parts gts,a shed of parts and a son who is restoring a gt with a toyoto rear end and a 6 speed.

these folks are not on opelgt.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Celeste: 1917cc ,Getrag ,Big valves,ported,ISKY cam on solids,Opel forged rods,9.52 compression,total seal gapless,oil dam,RB gasket mod., DCOE side drafts,sprint,pertronix,SACHS clutch,OGTS & Kadette sway bars,no oil leaks. Big brakes. Avatars Photos Carlisle 2010 by Jennie V.Thank you's to Bruce Butler and Gabe Sanchez

Driven twice to Carlisle 2,351 miles RT successfully, broke down on first trip

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone in the Washington area drive a red GT with a white stripe down the middle? I saw one heading South on I-405 today turning off into Bellevue (female driver). I honked but she didn't look over...

`kyle

Downloads
    Uploads
    On November 15 I was riding my Triumph back from a scuba diving class, which was a couple of hours away. I always look for GTs when I'm on road trips, so I had to stop when I saw a white drag-racing GT on the back of a trailer. It had Li'l Rascal painted on the side. This was on highway 460, probably in Suffolk, Virginia. I asked the guy if he ever got on this site and he said he did. The car had a big-block Chevy engine in it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by opeldean
    I was following a lead on an old manta. The owner also has a Record.. 3 parts gts,a shed of parts and a son who is restoring a gt with a toyoto rear end and a 6 speed.

these folks are not on opelgt.com
    I bought this guys Manta (wanted the FI,tranny,rear end...) The rest of the car is pretty sorry. I halfway thaught about doing something with it. But my days of MAJOR projects are over.

Downloads
    Uploads

Opels In Aruba

Just got back from Aruba and I saw TWO! Both were sportwagons, one was for sale and the other BRIGHT yellow one went past me on the road. Saw more in Aruba in one week then where I live in two years!

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Living in New Jersey ...i never see opel gts , but i found an 70 gt on ebay that was in paterson NJ 4 years ago...so me and my dad went to go check it out, and the guy had a entire garage full of at least 40 gts, and 3 that were completely restored ...i bought mine for $2,000 it runs great and only has 50k miles.... needs body work as you can tell from the pics in my gallery , but its only in the spots shown
    https://www.opelgt.com/photos/showgal...0&ppuser=19471

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information