Cat on your car?
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ooooner

Thread: Cat on your car?

Real Name
    Roy Bell
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cat on your car?

kwschumm likes this.
    Roy Bell
    1973 Opel GT
    Concord, North Carolina
    Carolina Opel Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! the best was the one that slammed into the shed :banghead: <-----kinda like that

3000 Post Club Site Supporter P.J. Romano's Avatar
    Real Name
    P.J.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is similarity between Opels and cats? They do not leak, they just mark their territory.
    We are "cat people" in my family but this video is funny.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Opeler Site Supporter rrossjr's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ron
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Genius!! (Or he could have just purchased one of these)
    Of course, not as much fun...
    Ron in Indy

BDD
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used method #1 (running out as fast a possible and making a lot of noise) a few years ago and ran right up behind a skunk. Luckily he showed great presence of mind, and grace under pressure, and I retreated back to the house unscathed.

I also had a nickname for the neighbor cat. It was a female so she wasn't doing the spraying. Her "gentleman callers" though probably were. She was regrettably loose in her morals and was constantly "with child". I called her Kitty Kitty Bang Bang.

Opeler
    Real Name
    Paul
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, since you brought up the "Cat on your car" subject... a while back I was working on an old '66 dark blue Pontiac. The car sat at the far end of the driveway, outside for a couple of years. Everyday, when I got home from work, there would be this pain in the neck black cat lying on the hood of the car on the passenger side, just in front of the windshield, soaking up the leftover warmth of the steel hood from the afternoon sun, and leaving lots of cat claw scratches on my nice blue paint.

Yep, the car was a '66 CATalina.

The dang cat would run off soon as I pulled in the driveway. It was nobody's cat, just a stray from the woods. One day I got fed up and bought a Have-A-Heart trap (a cage that catches animals but doesn't harm them) and caught the cat. Next day drove the cage and the cat to my work, exactly 91 miles from my house, and let the thing go in the parking lot. That's the end of the hood scratches, I was sure.

I sold the Catalina a month later, and bought a Dark Blue Saturn(re-badged Opel) Astra. Had the Astra parked where the Catalina used to be, (My GT stays garaged) drove my Miata to work on a Friday as I usually do every Friday. Pulled in the driveway Friday night.... I couldn't believe it, the $*&#@!% black cat was back lying on the hood of the Astra, in exactly the same place, scratching up the dark blue paint !!!
    I went completely insane. 91 miles was not enough? I went inside ready to get out the 12 gauge Remington and blast the thing to hell, but it took off when I came back out. The next day, someone somehow inadvertantly ran down the cat as it was crossing the street. (No, I didn't).

OK that's my absolutely true but ridiculous Cat On Your Car story.

I shouldn't complain... it's not as bad as when Batman had his car STOLEN by a CAT:

&#x202a;Scat! Darn Catwoman Part 3&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube
    Last edited by NineLivesGT; 08-03-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say, I have had cats, both inside and out, and the worse that they did to my car/cars, is to walk all over them with muddy paws.
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well, i am a cat owner and i laughed so hard i was crying. that was good. nothing quite like a cat flying all catty-wompus.

Real Name
    Lloyd
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Cat Story

Many years ago, I had bought my first house and was proud of my landscaping and yard work that I had done. The woman ( I would call her a lady, but she wasn't) that lived across the street turned her cat outside every morning to take care of his business, which he wanted to do in the flower bed under my kitchen window. I ask her in as a nice neighbor to keep the cat out of my yard. Her reply was "well he has to take care of his business outside" and my reply was "thank you, I will handle it". I got a piece of sheet metal about 18" square, soldered a light cord to the corner of one end and ran the cord through my kitchen window. I covered the sheet metal up in my flower bed and ran the cord thru a light socket with a 75W bulb (so he wouldn't get the full load) and patiently waited for him to make the trip to my flower bed, sure enough he made his daily showing, scratched around in the bed (to find a good spot) and stepped on the sheet metal plate. When he did I pluged it in the wall and stood every hair he had right straight up and he left for home in a big hurry, hitting her screen door and hanging on for dear life. Until the day I moved (4 years later) he would not every walk on the same side of the street my house was on

Thread Information